Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Just now, daniboy1997 said:

Certain as an opinion, i personally dont think theyd head in this direction. Yes PotC sets have big expensive ships but the films revolves around ships. Bare in mind the Ship itself is in the film for a few seconds

Can’t really judge a set chance based on how long it appears in said media, a lot of things have had expensive sets that haven’t been very prominent in films, MilFal in Force Awakens (admittedly more than the ship, but still not all that long), it would be easy enough for them to make it into a set for that price, but again, I wouldn’t want them to, I’d rather it be similar price to the Carriage

2 minutes ago, RandomSniper109 said:

It would be amazing if they did but I don’t thing I have enough money for that as well, it was a struggle getting all of last wave 

Like have the ship, with krum with under water costsume and normal, another student, karkaroff, Harry, hermione and Ron, two merpeople and Barty crouch, with a small underwater stage bit and a small platform with the clock

exactly, then put Fleur and Cedric in their 2nd task gear in a CMF maybe

5 minutes ago, legoSDR said:

could even make a small attachment to the ship which depicts the underwater task? could fit quite nicely even if it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's totally unlikely though

Yes, would be a great way to get the 2nd task set and not wait for years before they come back to year 4

I could be wrong, it could just be the lighting or an editing mistake, but is it just me or does Madame Maxine have a black hair piece in the Carriage set but then she has a dark brown hair piece in the Clock Tower set? Did Lego make a mistake?

Edited by Lego Lad

8 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Yes, would be a great way to get the 2nd task set and not wait for years before they come back to year 4

that's what I was thinking. Only draw back is that it would be pretty expensive

another options is that they give us the four characters in a bricktober pack

I mean the generic death eater in the 2007 Hogwarts Castle set actually used Bellatrix’s mask so maybe we could deduce who this one is once we get clearer images

6 minutes ago, Lego Lad said:

I could be wrong, it could just be the lighting or an editing mistake, but is it just me or does Madame Maxine have a black hair piece in the Carriage set but then she has a dark brown hair piece in the Clock Tower set? Did Lego make a mistake?

She actually ahs black hair, not only on the box art, but on the minifigure roster and at the top of the box also. That's weird.

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

She actually ahs black hair, not only on the box art, but on the minifigure roster and at the top of the box also. That's weird.

Not going to lie that kind of annoys me tbh lol just makes both minifigs inconsistent in the same year of release, but maybe the actual part in the box will be dark brown? Maybe it's just black on the set images for some reason, either way if it does come black in the set it can easily be replaced, I'm pretty sure that hair piece is cheap to buy and not hard to find so, but it's still very weird.

Edited by Lego Lad

First time a set uses regular horses since 2015 (Scooby Doo Mystery Plane Adventures)

5 minutes ago, Lego Lad said:

Not going to lie that kind of annoys me tbh lol just makes both minifigs inconsistent in the same year of release, but maybe the actual part in the box will be dark brown? Maybe it's just black on the set images for some reason, either way if it does come black in the set it can easily be replaced, I'm pretty sure that hair piece is cheap to buy and not hard to find so, but it's still very weird.

That is annoying. This year we will get Madame Maxime with dark brown but also black hair, or Fleur with two different faces. I don't like that.

But something that is way more annoyning is the CMF. Don't get me wrong, it's amazing, but characters like Harry, Ron and Hermione - we get them with different hairpieces and heads than the ones used in the sets. It makes them exclusive, but also inconsistent. Like are they Year 3, or maybe 4? Also Cedric with a different head.

Oh this is amazing. Definitely glad I woke up to this! 

I’ve wanted a Beuxbatons carriage since the first GoF sets came out all those years ago. I even tried to make my own (all middle schooler me had access to was a box of basic bricks, it didn’t turn out well). I’m so excited we’re finally getting one, AND those glorious uniform hats to boot! 

I’m also relieved that the graveyard set turned out to be the smaller of the two. The higher price point works better elsewhere, and clearly the graveyard is still amazing even at the lower price (plus it will have a smaller footprint compared to the old version’s sprawl)

Just loving these additions to the wave. 

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That is annoying. This year we will get Madame Maxime with dark brown but also black hair, or Fleur with two different faces. I don't like that.

But something that is way more annoyning is the CMF. Don't get me wrong, it's amazing, but characters like Harry, Ron and Hermione - we get them with different hairpieces and heads than the ones used in the sets. It makes them exclusive, but also inconsistent. Like are they Year 3, or maybe 4? Also Cedric with a different head.

I think the only logical reason is Lego is keeping everything exclusive, so like you can only buy those CMF versions of Harry, Ron and Hermione in the CMF and that's it. I think the Ron in the CMF series looks more like the Prisoner of Azkaban version more than the one in the upcoming Hagrid's Hut set. My guess is they are not from any specific year at Hogwarts, they are just generic designs of the trio exclusive to the CMF. Fleur having two different head prints is not too bad, I mean both heads look similar enough, but why two different colours for Maxine's hair? Very weird (but it could just be an editing mistake for all we know). That's the same as having Cedric with his correct brown hair in the Dragon Task and then him having incorrect black hair in the Clock Tower set, could you imagine! aha.

2 minutes ago, dvt said:

And instagram just froze the main tag....

Really? Working for me. Brickset has reported on these now, so I don't think the 'leaks' are coming down.

2 hours ago, daniboy1997 said:

which sets is the £20 one and which is the £55

Look at the sets, its pretty damn obvious which one is the cheaper and which one is the more expensive set

2 hours ago, daniboy1997 said:

the carriage cant be £55 surely...

Its actually a pretty good price considering what we're getting:

- New Hagrid color with new prints (and his arms in a new color)

- New Maxime prints

- New Beauxbattons prints

- Dual molded legs for fleur

- New hat piece

- More pieces in new colors like the gold lantern

1 hour ago, daniboy1997 said:

someone im speaking to is 100% certain we are gonna get a D2C £200 durmstrang ship, im not the only one thinking this will not happen?! thoughts?

That's gotta be fake, it wouldn't make sense for lego to waste a D2C set on such a minor ''vehicle''

Weird.  Incognito works just fine (but then its annoying because my user has anyone who posts pics, memes or anything non-leaks to the hashtag gets blocked for my personal feed). Maybe its just me, oh well.

Otherwise I get this:
"Top posts from # legoleaks are currently hidden because the community has reported some content that may not meet Instagram's community guidelines."

14 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Look at the sets, its pretty damn obvious which one is the cheaper and which one is the more expensive set

I don’t think there’s any reason to be so rude, they were asking a question, maybe think before you type, jeez

also, it has already been answered several times so your input was 100% unnecessary 

Edited by TheRandomBlocker

I am so impressed with these sets! It was also a very nice surprise when I came home today. I received the 2005 Graveyard Duel set for Christmas many years ago and I am so excited that they have remade it. The Graveyard Duel is one of my favorite scenes in both the book and movie, and to make things even better, it’s $20! The Beauxbatons Carriage looks very nice as well. Once again, LEGO makes me so happy by giving wonderful sets for my favorite LEGO theme of all time. However, my wallet is going to hurt.

I wonder if you can crack open Tom Riddle Sr.'s grave for potion ingredients :pir-skel:

This theme is putting every other one to shame. 

So some HD close up images of these new minifigs are on Instagram, first time I have seen them but maybe some of you have seen them already:

Hagrid's Yule Ball 'torso' print looks incredible, finally we get a new version of Hagrid other than his normal outfit.

Fleur looks amazing and I can tell will be a lot of people's favourite minifig in this wave, the dual moulded boots and the hat/hair piece look great and I'm happy Lego decided to add them, does anyone know if her face print is new or if it's an existing piece?

The Death Eater as far as I can tell is just a generic person, can't tell if it's meant to be flesh tone printed badly on a black head, or if Lego meant for that to happen. I assume it's not meant to be Lucius Malfoy since on the box art it just says 'Death Eater'.

Wormtail actually looks really good, the best version of him so far (except for the hair). His face print is really accurate and will be double sided and I love his detailed suit design and the fact it carries onto the legs.

Harry as always looks amazing, just wish he had two red stripes printed on the sides of his legs, so he matches how Cedric has two printed yellow stripes in the CMF but it's not a big deal.

What annoys me though is as I have said Madame Maxine does in fact have black hair which is really weird considering she has the accurate dark brown hair in the Clock Tower set. But it's nice that we get a new outfit for her.

I am sorry if this question has already been asked before but does someone know if the release of the 

Sets on June 1st is Legostore exclusive?

34 minutes ago, Lego Lad said:

Fleur looks amazing and I can tell will be a lot of people's favourite minifig in this wave, the dual moulded boots and the hat/hair piece look great and I'm happy Lego decided to add them, does anyone know if her face print is new or if it's an existing piece?

Yeah, I honestly thought the two versions of Hermione and Sirius were going to be my favorites from this wave, but the uniformed Fleur really blows them out of the water. I love that new hat mold so much, and I thought we’d have to wait for another CMF to get it. 

The Beauxbaton uniforms are great for army building. Madam Maxime looks great, although I think I'll add a fur collar to mine. Hagrid looks amazing, very glad to get him, I also love the second build (kinda) for the carriage. The Graveyard looks great as well, really like the new Voldemort face, as well as the new Harry. Peter's face looks amazing, altough I'm not a big fan of his hair (maybe because Just2Good and Ashnflash did such a good job on a custom one). The hair color choice is also a little weird, looks too weasley-ish. The death eater appears to be a non named death eater, he's not really recognisable by the mask since it's a GoF type mask, which were basically all skulls. Although he appears to look the most similar to this one: Harry-Potter-and-the-Goblet-of-Fire-deat

3 hours ago, daniboy1997 said:

someone im speaking to is 100% certain we are gonna get a D2C £200 durmstrang ship, im not the only one thinking this will not happen?! thoughts?

2 hours ago, legoSDR said:

could even make a small attachment to the ship which depicts the underwater task? could fit quite nicely even if it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's totally unlikely though

I doubt it, but I think legoSDR made a good point, if they did it a small underwater task section would make sense, it would make the set more interesting and gives it the opportunity to include Harry. Still I doubt it.

Edited by Huigberts Builds

What a freaking pleasant surprise I love you TLG <333333

Edited by Otherworld