Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Hopefully they get released June 1st in Mexico. I will give the lego store a call on the 20th of this month. I hope they keep the sets from last year on the shelves so I go crazy with such variety.

11 hours ago, Hoth Rebel said:

I don't see the problem.

Why do people need to have sets Day one? They stay on the shelves for over a year and cost less after a few weeks. 

It's not like there is a limited run. I really don't get the need to have things Day one and preferable a week before official release (minus youtubers as it's their living). 

They do this to control distribution / stock. 

I can understand that it's preferable for consumers to have sets release on the same day worldwide, but some people just need to chill and accept the fact. If you really want the sets then buy them from, in this case, the European retailers. 

I agree, I have never bought a set "day 1" i think, I always wait for the best price even if that takes over a year to get :wink: The sets will probably sell to many copies for Lego to release them in all markets at the same time, so then someone have to wait :classic: I will not get them before September along with most of last year sets if that comfort :tongue:

Sorry this might already be covered somewhere on this thread, but does anyone know the UK release date of the new Harry Potter sets?

2 minutes ago, legoSDR said:

Sorry this might already be covered somewhere on this thread, but does anyone know the UK release date of the new Harry Potter sets?

June 1st

2 minutes ago, legoSDR said:

I heard early June for the UK and early August for the US/Canada, but I'm sure someone who knows better will be able to confirm.

9 minutes ago, shadefoundry said:

I heard early June for the UK and early August for the US/Canada, but I'm sure someone who knows better will be able to confirm.

thanks!

10 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

June 1st

thanks !

The new sets are on pre-order with Smyths Toys here in the UK, Says stock expected 20 - 25th May.

15 hours ago, Decat said:

I wish everyone would just be patient and get the sets whenever they release in your own country, because there would be lots of people, ecspecially kids and parents as well as more casual fans, who don't follow things as closely as we do. These people would see the sets advertised for release on a certain date, but may not be able to get them because greedy AFOLs from the other side of the world wanted their sets a bit earlier!

Here in Australia we are used to getting things- not just Lego- later than the US or elsewhere (Usually the US though- our releases tend to be on par with the UK/Europe), so might we grumble a bit, but we accept that we have to wait- unlike Americans who always seem to complain loudly whenever they're not the first to get something, only for people from other countries to respond with 'but you got other things first'... this has happened a million times before, and will surely happen a million times again... so just be patient!

Oh yeah because there wasn’t a ton of grumbling and whining last year from Europeans who didn’t get them when the US did. Get off your high horse. What you’re saying isn’t even true. Everyone on here complains, from every country, when something isn’t how they wanted it to be, sometimes that’s just part of being passionate about something. When it doesn’t live up to expectations, we express our sincere disappointment. That’s how it works. From every country. Sick and tired of ignorant people saying “only Americans do this, only Americans do that”. Not even true. I will defend my country til the day I die, but I shouldn’t have to defend her on a lego community forum. Ridiculous. That is not what this website is for.

We didn’t sit around bashing Europe last year when they were upset about getting the sets late. I’m not saying we haven’t all been affected by it at one point, but that doesn’t make it any less frustrating, especially for the most anticipated sets of the year. And yes, there was a lot of complaining last year, but I completely understood the complaints and didn’t feel the need to jump down people’s throats for expressing their disappointment and frustration. People who were affected by it last year should understand the fristration, instead of “you all deserve it because it happened to us last year!” You know how upsetting it is

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Please, people, less patriotism, more Patronuses!  :classic:  Stereotyping is a waste of time and moral integrity, especially based on a small number of obsessed fans on a LEGO forum.  The release dates will be what they will be, and I see no need for antagonism or mocking from either side.  I know that's basically mini-modding, but there are enough other websites to talk about political entitlement and such things.  We don't need that here, do we?

My only real disappointment is that Amazon UK and Smyth's don't ship to the US.  I suppose they'd be swarmed by resellers if they did.  Ah, well...I can either save my money until August or spend it on something else.  That's hardly a hardship.  I wanted to buy all the sets on day one, but I will live.  Or if by some freak chance I don't live, it won't be the LEGO Group's fault.  :wink:

Edited by RogueTwo

7 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Please, people, less patriotism, more Patronuses!  :classic:  Stereotyping is a waste of time and moral integrity, especially based on a small number of obsessed fans on a LEGO forum.  The release dates will be what they will be, and I see no need for antagonism or mocking from either side.  I know that's basically mini-modding, but there are enough other websites to talk about political entitlement and such things.  We don't need that here, do we?

My only real disappointment is that Amazon UK and Smyth's don't ship to the US.  I suppose they'd be swarmed by resellers if they did.  Ah, well...I can either save my money until August or spend it on something else.  That's hardly a hardship.  I wanted to buy all the sets on day one, but I will live.  Or if by some freak chance I don't live, it won't be the LEGO Group's fault.  :wink:

Well said. Hope you are gonna make it till August and far longer than that! Stay positive my dudes!

We will all get the sets at some point! Sure its a bummer for some but its better than not getting them at all!

I hope it's possible to make a light-hearted joke like "Waiting an extra sixty days for Lego may not be twelve years in Azkaban, but it's sure going to feel like it!"

Of course, I understand why they have to implement this kind of measure, but I really think they should include info on staggered release dates in the press release so we don't get our hopes up if we reside in the unlucky region of the world. I've been doing a lot of work pre-building and setting aside parts in anticipation for modding. I even ordered some minifig parts to fill out the cast of the Yule Ball, so I really had to dial my excitement back when I realized I had to add a couple of months to my mental countdown. 

1 hour ago, Alyverse said:

Of course, I understand why they have to implement this kind of measure, but I really think they should include info on staggered release dates in the press release so we don't get our hopes up if we reside in the unlucky region of the world. 

I agree. I still haven’t seen any official word from Lego on which areas might be getting the later release, which is poor form on thier part in my opinion. 

The two remaining sets are the Beauxbaton’s carriage and the graveyard duel, according to promobricks: https://www.promobricks.de/lego-harry-potter-75958-beauxbatons-kutsche-75965-duell-friedhof/80273 :sweet:

Interestingly, the graveyard duel is the smaller of the two sets, as some have predicted. The carriage allegedly included Hagrid, Madame Maxine and two Beauxbaton students while the duel also includes four minifigs, with two being unknown and the other two being Harry & Voldy :laugh:

Hm, looks like we have our first proper Harry-less set of the current incarnation of the theme :grin:

Edited by Lego-Freak

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The two remaining sets are the Beauxbaton’s carriage and the graveyard duel, according to promobricks: https://www.promobricks.de/lego-harry-potter-75958-beauxbatons-kutsche-75965-duell-friedhof/80273 :sweet:

If that’s true then I’m glad my source was incorrect, however I hope it comes with more than just Harry and Voldemort, I mean where the brick is Wormtail?!

nevermind, just used Google translate and it says “includes 4 minifigures including of course Harry and Voldemort”

Edited by TheRandomBlocker

1 minute ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

If that’s true then I’m glad my source was incorrect, however I hope it comes with more than just Harry and Voldemort, I mean where the brick is Wormtail?!

It comes with four minifigs according to the source, two of which are unknown for the time being :classic:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

It comes with four minifigs accirding to the source, two of which are unknown for the time being :classic:

Yeah, just corrected myself, haha, speaking 1 language sucks sometimes ?

Wormtail has to be one of them, so the question is who the other will be... I think we can safely rule out Cedric, so it’s either a generic Death Eater, Lucius, or Lucius with swappable head gear, just like the 2010/2011 version :classic:

Wormtail and Lucius/Death Eater make sense since they were in the original Graveyard set.

The Beauxbaton carriage seems weird at first, but it does make sense when you think about it :sweet: It involves a new creature (abraxans in this case) - a staple of this iteration of the theme - and a ‘proper’ Madame Maxine. It would have been weird to have her only in her Yule Ball dress. It can also serve as a sort of apology for the 2005 wave where Beauxbaton was ignored completely :head_back:

Does anyone know if the pictures on instagram of these 2 sets are real? I really doubt they are fake.... but it seems to soon for an august release.

Edited by Bernar