Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

31 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Does anyone know if there are any new wand colours in this wave? I'm not sure.

As far as I can tell, no - although it’s tricky to tell in some pictures (the Hagrid’s Hut ones don’t even give us a good look at all the characters wands). From what we can see it looks as if most of the characters use the dark brown, medium brown or tan wands; however, there is at least a rare color, it looks like Krum uses the orange wand previously only found with Newt Scamander. 

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2019/04/29/six-lego-harry-potter-sets-officially-revealed-including-knight-bus-triwizard-tournament-and-advent-calendar-news/

No photos of the back of the Advent calendar or Knight Bus, but they show the front and have official text:

• This LEGO Harry Potter advent calendar includes 7 minifigures: Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, Professor McGonagall, Albus Dumbledore, Professor Flitwick and the Hogwarts Architect plus a Hedwig figure.
  • Models include a micro Hogwarts Express train, buildable fireplace with Christmas decoration, Great Hall table with accessories and a statue pedestal decorated with the 4 house crests.
  • The 24 gifts combine to inspire kids to recreate festive scenes from the Harry Potter movies and invent magical stories of their own.
Edited by Hoth Rebel

Thanks Hoth Rebel for the update!

just realised the photo is the same as the front of the box on brickfan website hahaha sorry

Looking forward to seeing Professor Flitwick. I’m hoping they are reserving Professor Sprout for a release with the greenhouses to add to the other Hogwarts builds. 

Edited by AusMinifig
Updated comment

I'm glad the builds are minifig scale like in the castle advent calenders rather than mircobuilds like in the star wars ones. (at least from what we've seen)

edit: Also hoping it'll be this Flitwick rather than one like in the cmf

Related image

Edited by Agent Kallus

Hopefully Flitwick looks like PS/CoS, Ron has his Weasley jumper McGonagall has a dress piece.

Sounds like a good calender anyway!

There is a microscale Hogwarts Express, @Agent Kallus.

I'm mostly interested in the Hogwarts Architect minifigure. Is it going to be a statue, or will they be an actual person?

As a side note, I've noted before that the Hogwarts Great Hall Set from last year . . the statue of the Hogwarts Architecf is pictured holding a 'model of Hogwarts' that is all but identical to the Great Hall Lego model. I thòught that was a really nice Easter egg back then, but if they're actually doing an Architect minifigure, then . . this could be so great please don't mess it up Lego . .

Also, I love the Advent Calendar Harry variant, with the sweater that Molly Weasley knitted for him in the first book. I honestly can't decide if I'd rather there be a Ron variant with his own sweater or just Ron in standard Hogwarts uniform . . I need more uniforms for 'student army building', hut the sweater would be gorgeous. 

On the other hand, I'll be disappointed if it's just repeats of Dumbledore and McGonagall from the Great Hall . . but Flitwick? Is he going to be identical to the CMF or a new variant? Weird choice. I would have liked at least one generic student . . preferably Hufflepuff . . 

The prices don’t seem as good compared to last year, but oh wellx

hopefully Minerva comes with a dress piece

4 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Also, I love the Advent Calendar Harry variant, with the sweater that Molly Weasley knitted for him in the first book. I honestly can't decide if I'd rather there be a Ron variant with his own sweater or just Ron in standard Hogwarts uniform . . I need more uniforms for 'student army building', hut the sweater would be gorgeous. 

Ron is pictured along the top of the box. If you zoom in you can see he's in his R sweater :wink:

Great to see these in high quality with confirmed prices across many markets. I'm very happy with the price of the Clock Tower both in the US and in Australia.

Hagrid's Hut feels proportionally a tad too expensive in all markets. It's exceptionally detailed, but that comes at the cost of having a larger amount of small parts packed into a model that doesn't feel worth the money size-wize. Based on size it still looks pretty much like a USD $40 set, not a $60 one. But it is so darn pretty and packs enough that I'll probably get it as soon as I find it at a slight discount here in Aus.

33 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

The prices don’t seem as good compared to last year, but oh wellx

hopefully Minerva comes with a dress piece

39.99 US is the standard licensed theme/SW advent calendar price.  That seems expected.

I love it how most of the Advent calender so far seems to be interior fittings for Hogwarts / Christmas displays, as this way there's stuff to put in Hogwarts should you try to expand it. Also loving those christmas tree and fireplace builds! :wub: The red Dumbledore figure is also my favourite out of the three new Dumbledore figures so far so it'll be good to get him without having to buy the Great Hall. This definitely seems like our last chance to get the OG Flitwick as well, I remember a scene in the first film where he is levitating baubles onto a christmas tree so that'd definitely fit here. I remember reading somewhere on here that Lego cannot reuse prints from minifigure series in normal sets so I really hope its not the Goblet of Fire Flitwick again.

40 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Ron is pictured along the top of the box. If you zoom in you can see he's in his R sweater :wink:

Great to see these in high quality with confirmed prices across many markets. I'm very happy with the price of the Clock Tower both in the US and in Australia.

Hagrid's Hut feels proportionally a tad too expensive in all markets. It's exceptionally detailed, but that comes at the cost of having a larger amount of small parts packed into a model that doesn't feel worth the money size-wize. Based on size it still looks pretty much like a USD $40 set, not a $60 one. But it is so darn pretty and packs enough that I'll probably get it as soon as I find it at a slight discount here in Aus.

I am pretty sure it is $50

Just now, HalfBloodPrince said:

I am pretty sure it is $50

Unless the press packet that was sent to Brothers-Brick and Brickset is wrong, it's USD $60 (59.99) and AUD $100

All stuff about the advent calendar is exciting!! 

Do you think it could be like the likes of Star Wars and Friends where one is released year on year? 

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

I’ve heard it’s expensive due to the inclusion of a light brick :)

46 minutes ago, lego the hutt said:

39.99 US is the standard licensed theme/SW advent calendar price.  That seems expected.

I’m on about all the sets. They were very well priced in the uk last year, they seem to be regular licences prices now

I don't know how the distribution in each day of the advent calendar is, so judging from the picture with white background, how many days are being displayed there? I just hope most of the surprises are Hogwarts props not mini builds.

7 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

I don't know how the distribution in each day of the advent calendar is, so judging from the picture with white background, how many days are being displayed there? I just hope most of the surprises are Hogwarts props not mini builds.

I’ll probably just open it all at once if I’m honest. I’ve never actually gotten one of the advent calendars before but I’ll definitely be getting thisnone and I’m considering the Star Wars calendar this year as well. Always wanted to pick them up but for some reason I just never do

Also, the trees in the Expecto Patronum set have great pieces to help mod the Horntail 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

I like the cmf series so far, but I'm not sold yet. If McGonagal uses a dress piece (even though Dumbledore Doesn't) en Flitwick is the old movies 1 and 2 variant this advent calendar is officially the best one yet, but if it's not I'm kinda dissapointed, only new torso prints just don't do the trick for me. While chances of a dress McGonagall are kinda low, Flitwick has higher chances since he needs new printing anyway. Since chances for a new beard piece are very low I hope they'll use the Dwalin beard piece in white, and maybe add the series 12 wizard hat in dark green.

5 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

I just hope most of the surprises are Hogwarts props not mini builds.

Probably 50/50

Flitwick will probably be the movies 1-2 variant (especially since they can't reuse Collectible Minifigures), but if the picture on I-Gram is correct, most of the minibuilds combine to construct a festive Great Hall, and Dumbledore is a rerelease from the Great Hall set from last year.  That's fine with me, because it's a good figure, and it will be difficult for most kids to obtain, especially since the set may be scarce by this Christmas.  I would expect McGonagall to follow suit and be a rerelease.  I suppose a dress piece is possible, given that she was going to have one in the preliminary Toy Fair images last year.  I'm glad the Advent Calendar is backpedaling a little bit to catch up on some of the Years 1-2 stuff.  I suspect we'll eventually get whole waves that fill in missing scenes, but one shouldn't be too over-certain.  As great as this theme is, by the time 2021 or so rolls around, LEGO may decide it's time to move on.  Just please give us a CMF #2 with the missing characters like the Dursleys, Lockhart, Tom Riddle, young Dumbledore, and Ginny.

By the way, do I understand this correctly?  The Advent Calendar is going to be released in JUNE?  If so, ahem, the doors might just Alohomora themselves early...  :wink:

This makes the secrecy of the rumored Graveyard and $15 set all the more puzzling.  I would have thought they'd release around September with the Calendar, but it seems not.  I wonder if they are based on Crimes of Grindelwald after all.  That would be a huge disappointment for me, given that I refused to even see the movie, but stranger things have happened (this pun is absolutely intended :grin:).  More likely, I suppose, they're just trying to spread out the goodness and not inundate people all at once.  

Those prices, though--yikes!  I know the United States typically get the best prices, and that's no exception here, but I don't like assuming that they'll be one thing and finding out that they're another.  I guess that's why the say: You know what happens when you assume...

I was expecting the Patronum set (:tongue: the puns just keep coming) to cost $20 due to the new molds and high minifigure count, and the Clock Tower is a very good deal (by LEGO standards) for $90, but for $60, Hagrid's Hut really should have had Fang, crows, and Dumbledore.  I don't care about a light brick--even though it's very cleverly concealed this time--and I don't mind that it's open in the back, and it's still my favorite set of the wave, but it just feels overpriced somehow.  This is clever manipulation, because I will still buy it on day one, but it will hurt a little bit, and I might have to forego the Knight Bus.

Wait guys what if the graveyard set is actually from the Crimes of grindelwald?

I vastly prefer the redesigned design of Flitwick, but it would be cool nonetheless if this was the TS/CoS version, just for completion‘s sake :sweet: And as others have pointed out, the CMF version can‘t be repurposed unless they‘ve suddenly changed their rules.

12 minutes ago, topiku said:

Wait guys what if the graveyard set is actually from the Crimes of grindelwald?

I remember people arguing against that idea, but I‘m not sure on what grounds since the rumours never specified that :shrug_oh_well:

Oh god, I would love more of the Pre-Azkaban designs. I'm still shocked we got Richard Harris Dumbledore at all.

2 minutes ago, Rs87277 said:

Knight Bus

Will the pieces be printed or stickers (the front grill and signs)?

Stickers, judging by the box art photograph.