Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

I'm definitely all for the Patronus set. Hands down a great one; Harry Potter sets always had good small builds.

As good as these sets are, there are some WEIRD problems that just don't work. I know everyone's already been commenting on them, but that Horntail's head is an abomination. Weird that the new brick build would be so much worse than a nearly solid, non-posable mold from FOURTEEN years ago. 

And the normal gold goblet with an unscaled blue flame looks a tad odd for what they were trying to adapt.

Definitely getting the patronus set and multiples of it for the dementor's and stag.  Hagrid's Hut looks great too, I love all the details especially that pumpkin patch.  The Buckbeak looks fantastic.  The clock tower looks great too, figs look great and interior has some great details.  The Horntail is going to get some modding to make it look better.  Probably going to wait for the bus to go on sale to buy.  

I had hoped that in seeing the final product, that I'd be okay with Hermione's face, but unfortunately I hate it more than I did when it leaked. I get that they had to reuse heads because of the budget, but honestly, it just doesn't work. It makes her look too young, which when paired with Viktor Krum makes it look like he's taking a child to the dance... I'll definitely be swapping the head out. I can live with all of the other head reuses, oddly enough.

I love the texture in the builds, it really makes these locations spring to life. All the new arch pieces are used brilliantly. I love pretty much everything about the clocktowers design. The rooms feel better designed this time around too, not as cramped as usual.

The tent design is pretty poor though, doesn't look much like a tent.

The new pumpkin are awesome! Plus a golden egg!

Knight Bus is average! Don't care for it! So close Lego, you almost went an entire wave without including a vehicle.

Can't wait to see the Advent Calendar!

Edited by strangely

2 hours ago, Otherworld said:

And the advent calendar addition will make it look even cooler! I was thinking of buying the D2C hogwarts to mod the GH, WW and CT and make then bigger, as well as to create other rooms but damn, I've become too lazy to innovate with lego and I don't know if it's going to be worth it considering the price.

I haven't seen the advent calendar. What addition? Looking at the tiny builds that are par for the course with City, Friends and Star Wars calendars, I don't see why we should expect the advent calendar to come with anything that could be added to the Great Hall and/or Clocktower as a room in Hogwarts . . unless you know something I don't?

As far as sets go, Expectro Patronum is the real standout. I'll probably get the Horntail set for the minifigures and to MOD the dragon. That crappy tent is gonna be scrapped so hard. Knight Bus is meh, Hagrid's Hut and the Clock Tower are both great, but I won't get either because I don't have any room for them in my layout. Sorry Lego, you tried. Still, happy for all of you who the Clock Tower does work for, and if I could accomodate it I definitely would get it. 

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I haven't seen the advent calendar. What addition? Looking at the tiny builds that are par for the course with City, Friends and Star Wars calendars, I don't see why we should expect the advent calendar to come with anything that could be added to the Great Hall and/or Clocktower as a room in Hogwarts . . unless you know something I don't?

The very blurry leaked photos of the advent calendar box appear to show several builds that can be used as set dressings, like a Christmas tree and presents - rather like the City calendars have. Not an extra room, but they’ll probably be useful for dressing up the castle sets for the season. :grin:

I am loving the center part of the clock tower! In case anyone is interested, the old clock tower double doors are 8 studs wide. You can make the whole clock tower taller and fit in the doors :)

These are fantastic! Love everything about Expecto Patronum, my goodness the stag is incredible. The Clocktower is an amazing addition.  The table decorations are awesome. I don’t get the complaints of the rom sizes...that’s been consistent throughout HP, going back to the last releases(anybody remember the library?). Horntail is disappointing, tent looks good however. Hagrid’s Hut is wonderful. I like the printed doors quite a bit. And of course Buckbeak & the new pumpkins. 

Another home run with the range of minifigs, even Hermione. She would be too tall had she had the dress piece. 

What new moulds are we getting exactly?

1. Stag
  2. Buckbeak
  3. pumkin
  4. ?

Fewer than last year right, so they could made a Fang also one would think, since there was a dog in London they probably planed to do it also, why did they change there mind  :def_shrug:

33 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

What new moulds are we getting exactly?

1. Stag
  2. Buckbeak
  3. pumkin
  4. ?

Fewer than last year right, so they could made a Fang also one would think, since there was a dog in London they probably planed to do it also, why did they change there mind  :def_shrug:

Madame Maxime's dress piece is new I think. A longer slope mold

Nevermind. I thought it was longer but it's just the 2x2x3 slope piece printed :blush:

That been said, I have to add the Yule Hermione totally needed a new hairpiece

Edited by Robert8

Hagrid's Hut looks like it could be modded with parts from your own collection, you only need to build three walls and roof sections to close it up, and extend the floor. I think I'll add a bed if I can fit it in.

I want to change the Hormtail's tail to the dinosaur tail parts, hopefully that'll improve the look. The 2005 one was horrible, this one I hope has potential.

The Clocktower is wonderful. The lack of the pendulum is made up for by good sized rooms. The 2004 set had a few 8x8 rooms that were really not much use. A very neat Library and the first ever Hospital Wing look fantastic, Dumbledore's Office and the Prefect's bathroom are small but with great parts.

5 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Don't really know why that was necessary. Just wanted to share my thoughts for those interested... But I guess I'm sorry for the long post?

Apology accepted.

The more I think about it the more it bothers me that every single minifigure in the clock tower set is wearing their yule ball clothes. If you think about it we could have gotten Fred and George, Madame Pomfrey etc. I‘m sure we‘ll get them in the future but for now that‘s a bit upsetting imo

6 hours ago, strangely said:

It makes her look too young, which when paired with Viktor Krum makes it look like he's taking a child to the dance...

Sadly, this is basically what happens in the book, so I think the set is accurate...  :wacko:

Were the price points confirmed? Could someone let me know which page number they are on please? The search function is showing no results for me right now :(

Excuse me, i can't find the knight bus images anywhere, can someone help me, please?

Tbh I really like the yule ball hermione, 1 of the better figures of this wave in my opinion.

On a side note, do you guys think it's possible to use the old horntail head on the new body? And if so is there a piece or any way to build the yaw? I know the colour is kinda of but that won't bother me too much.

4 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Tbh I really like the yule ball hermione, 1 of the better figures of this wave in my opinion.

On a side note, do you guys think it's possible to use the old horntail head on the new body? And if so is there a piece or any way to build the yaw? I know the colour is kinda of but that won't bother me too much.

I think the old Horntail body/head/tail is all one piece, so no.  I will double-check that, though.

EDIT: The bottom of the mouth is part of the large body mold, the top of the head hooks on with the same kind of indentations as minifigure helmet visors.  Maybe you already knew this, but I have no idea how one would connect the old head if those are its only connection points.  I won't say it's 100% impossible, but I certainly couldn't figure it out.  Also, do you mean "jaw" instead of "yaw"?  If so, again, it would be hard if not impossible.

Here's a link to the inventory of the old Horntail from Bricklink.

Edited by RogueTwo

19 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

The bottom of the mouth is part of the large body mold, the top of the head hooks on with the same kind of indentations as minifigure helmet visors.  Maybe you already knew this, but I have no idea how one would connect the old head if those are its only connection points.  I won't say it's 100% impossible, but I certainly couldn't figure it out.  Also, do you mean "jaw" instead of "yaw"?  If so, again, it would be hard if not impossible.

Here's a link to the inventory of the old Horntail from Bricklink.

Yeah I meant jaw, sorry xD. Thank you for the information, it's going to be hard to do I see. I'll need to dive a little deeper into bricklink to find something it might connect to. 

I made some thoughts about the Connection of the Clocktower to the other parts of the Castle.

I'm pretty sure that it will be connected on the other side of the whoping Willow set. I Always thought the whoping Willow set has the entrance to the Courtyard but now I'm sure that this part should represent the Stone Bridge. So the Connection to this will probably be the other part of the Castle. Then the clocktower set will actually be there where the other entrance is in the D2C set. I know that the clocktower is lokated on a total differnt place normaly but we all now that TLG is sometimes not that accurate.

Why I come to this idea? If you look at the Clocktower interior picture you can see on the right side that the connetion part is not directly in the wall, there is an angel piece in between. If you connected it to the Willow set, it will have the right angel now to look like the third part of the D2C castle as well. Even it's a different part of the castle. And the gap on the entrance really look like you can add the viaduct there.

5 hours ago, Vindicare said:

These are fantastic! Love everything about Expecto Patronum, my goodness the stag is incredible. The Clocktower is an amazing addition.  The table decorations are awesome. I don’t get the complaints of the rom sizes...that’s been consistent throughout HP, going back to the last releases(anybody remember the library?). Horntail is disappointing, tent looks good however. Hagrid’s Hut is wonderful. I like the printed doors quite a bit. And of course Buckbeak & the new pumpkins. 

Another home run with the range of minifigs, even Hermione. She would be too tall had she had the dress piece. 

If you watch Just2Good's video you can see the doors have stickers on them, so sadly no new print

2 hours ago, topiku said:

The more I think about it the more it bothers me that every single minifigure in the clock tower set is wearing their yule ball clothes. If you think about it we could have gotten Fred and George, Madame Pomfrey etc. I‘m sure we‘ll get them in the future but for now that‘s a bit upsetting imo

The Clocktower coming with most of the Yule Ball characters is actually a really good thing. First of all, we'll probably get Fred and George next year alongside Neville, Luna and Ginny. And lego was bound to make these YB outfits sometime, and they would probably throw them in a future CMF if it weren't for this set. This gives us the chance of getting way more interesting characters when a second CMF comes around

12 minutes ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

Are we expecting another two sets this year?

75958 for 50€ and 75965 for 20€.

1 hour ago, Gigi said:

Excuse me, i can't find the knight bus images anywhere, can someone help me, please?

You can find them on Instagram, nino_leaks_.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

75958 for 50€ and 75965 for 20€.

Sweet, thanks. There’s hunches that’s the €50 is Graveyard and the €20 is unknown?

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

Were the price points confirmed? Could someone let me know which page number they are on please? The search function is showing no results for me right now :(

75945 - 20€

75946 - 35€

75947 - 65€

75948 - 90€

75957 - 40€

3 minutes ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

Sweet, thanks. There’s hunches that’s the €50 is Graveyard and the €20 is unknown?

Rumours suggest that the 50€ set is the Graveyard.

6 hours ago, Minga 089 said:

I made some thoughts about the Connection of the Clocktower to the other parts of the Castle.

I'm pretty sure that it will be connected on the other side of the whoping Willow set. I Always thought the whoping Willow set has the entrance to the Courtyard but now I'm sure that this part should represent the Stone Bridge. So the Connection to this will probably be the other part of the Castle. Then the clocktower set will actually be there where the other entrance is in the D2C set. I know that the clocktower is lokated on a total differnt place normaly but we all now that TLG is sometimes not that accurate.

Why I come to this idea? If you look at the Clocktower interior picture you can see on the right side that the connetion part is not directly in the wall, there is an angel piece in between. If you connected it to the Willow set, it will have the right angel now to look like the third part of the D2C castle as well. Even it's a different part of the castle. And the gap on the entrance really look like you can add the viaduct there.

I’ll be connecting the clock tower to the other side of the Great Hall since that’s where it is in the films. It’s in the back behind the Great Hall and the Main Staircase Tower. I’m pretty sure the side build should be on the other side of the actual clock tower and then that will connect to the Great Hall 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth