Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

My hope has been that it’s no later than May 1st. I guess we’ll see 

I'm almost positive they are trying to wait until after May the Fourth for an official reveal, so that they get maximum Star Wars spending without people thinking about what they might want to save for a month later.  :vader:  And let's face it, the HP sets are generally of a higher caliber and better value than recent Star Wars fare.

I have to say, their tactic is going to work on me.  Just look at my profile picture; I'm conflicted about my favorite franchise, and I'm very bad at delayed gratification!  :laugh:

My hope has been that it’s no later than May 1st. I guess we’ll see 

Maybe may 2nd- the battle of Hogwarts I believe.

10 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I'm almost positive they are trying to wait until after May the Fourth for an official reveal, so that they get maximum Star Wars spending without people thinking about what they might want to save for a month later.  :vader:  And let's face it, the HP sets are generally of a higher caliber and better value than recent Star Wars fare.

I have to say, their tactic is going to work on me.  Just look at my profile picture; I'm conflicted about my favorite franchise, and I'm very bad at delayed gratification!  :laugh:

That’s possible, I thought about that, I just hope we don’t have to wait quite that long

21 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

True, and let's not forget about the Marvel Hype right now, a Harry Potter reveal would be overshadowed by endgame, waiting is the most logical option.

34 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

True, and let's not forget about the Marvel Hype right now, a Harry Potter reveal would be overshadowed by endgame, waiting is the most logical option.

Honestly I don’t think the endgame hype would overshadow the release but I do think they want to build up more tension for the go sets release, also after this release of sets I was thinking of making a Harry Potter 2020 group forum thing, even though there were no rumours I was thinking of doing it more for wish list/ want list, would anyone join or should we just talk about it in here? Obviously not until after these sets are released.

15 hours ago, Legoniche said:

Dayum that’s really cool! I wish I had the time and money to do that ?- do you have Instagram? because I’d love to see some pics of it

Thanks! I don't have IG but will try and find some way of posting what I've made so far.

27 minutes ago, RandomSniper109 said:

Honestly I don’t think the endgame hype would overshadow the release but I do think they want to build up more tension for the go sets release, also after this release of sets I was thinking of making a Harry Potter 2020 group forum thing, even though there were no rumours I was thinking of doing it more for wish list/ want list, would anyone join or should we just talk about it in here? Obviously not until after these sets are released.

As long as there aren't any rumors for 2020 its pretty pointless to make a new thread so I'd say its best to continue the discussion here. We're still getting sets in August and September btw

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

As long as there aren't any rumors for 2020 its pretty pointless to make a new thread so I'd say its best to continue the discussion here. We're still getting sets in August and September btw

I knew about those other sets but I just didn’t want to clutter this thread with wish list 

edit: I made the topic just for the future, mainly so I can post my wish lists and if anyone else wants to they can, its Harry Potter 2020 - rumours, wishlists and discussion

Edited by RandomSniper109

43 minutes ago, Chocolate Frog said:

Thanks! I don't have IG but will try and find some way of posting what I've made so far.

Cheers bro

Initially I thought that Harry’s mid legs from the CMF series could work nicely on Yule ball Harry but it would look odd if no one else had leg printing

4 hours ago, Darth Talon said:

Maybe may 2nd- the battle of Hogwarts I believe.

That would be clever, but I doubt anyone at TLG is thinking that hard about it.  Even if they are, most fans aren't on our level, and wouldn't see the point.  :grin:

46 minutes ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Hopefully in 2020, Lego realizes that 1 wave of Potter just isn't cutting it.

Our hearts would sing, but our wallets would weep. 

I’m already super hyped about getting the advent calendar this year when just last year there were people saying it wouldn’t happen. It proves that Lego has noticed how popular Harry Potter is (has there ever been a licensed advent calendar for a theme other than Star Wars?) and it also gives Harry Potter a chance to stand on even footing with some of the biggest themes. 

48 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Our hearts would sing, but our wallets would weep. 

I’m already super hyped about getting the advent calendar this year when just last year there were people saying it wouldn’t happen. It proves that Lego has noticed how popular Harry Potter is (has there ever been a licensed advent calendar for a theme other than Star Wars?) and it also gives Harry Potter a chance to stand on even footing with some of the biggest themes. 

Nope, just Star Wars and in-house themes

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Nope, just Star Wars and in-house themes

Yes, exactly, were Star Wars, City and Friends not among the five top selling themes last year? 

Star Wars and the in house themes do better than themes like Harry Potter overall in part because of the sheer volume of sets available compared to smaller licensed themes. What I’m trying to point out is that ‘how many advent calendars from each theme were sold’ might be a better show of each theme’s relative popularity as opposed to ‘how many sets were sold from a theme with just a dozen sets vs. how many sets were sold from a theme with nearly a hundred sets

8 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Yes, exactly, were Star Wars, City and Friends not among the five top selling themes last year? 

Star Wars and the in house themes do better than themes like Harry Potter overall in part because of the sheer volume of sets available compared to smaller licensed themes. 

Exactly. Of course WW was not in the top five, a theme with less than 10 sets released in July simply cannot outperform themes with 20-30+ sets released throughout the year :wink: Well, in overall sales that is, which seems to be the metric they‘re going with. If you take the amount of sets into account (or the success of individual sets), the results would probably look quite different :classic:

Nonetheless, it makes more sense to publicly report the overall gross since if they reported the relative success of sets within themes, a single set may suddenly enter the top five (e.g. a popular D2C like the Ghostbusters HQ), which would be a weird thing to report. Internally, this information is very useful though :wink:

From a business perspective is is probably not smart to report too many secrets or too many details about how different themes/ sets sell..

As I mentioned earlier if you listen to the actual press release I believe HP/WW is the theme that is mentioned most times of all and I believe that say more about how well the theme is doing than the so-called top 5 list :wink:

The fact that we’re getting a HP advent calendar speaks for itself. The theme works very well and TLG knows it. They also know they have an audience of long time HP fans and not just children looking for neat Lego sets. The Easter eggs and details they put into these sets tell me that they are made by HP fans for HP fans. It does look like they had a little bit less of a budget for this year’s wave but I still see tremendous effort, and I bet I’ll be even more impressed once we get images (I’m still skeptical about that Horntail). 

The fact that we’re getting a HP advent calendar speaks for itself. The theme works very well and TLG knows it. They also know they have an audience of long time HP fans and not just children looking for neat Lego sets. The Easter eggs and details they put into these sets tell me that they are made by HP fans for HP fans. It does look like they had a little bit less of a budget for this year’s wave but I still see tremendous effort, and I bet I’ll be even more impressed once we get images (I’m still skeptical about that Horntail). 

I totally agree, but I also think that the HP Advent Calendar will be crazy popular among kids, so I don't know that it's any indication of catering to AFOLs or the longevity of the theme.  I honestly think LEGO HP will be around until the sales drop.  Do I think it will last as long as Star Wars?  No.  But I could see it lasting from 5-10 years, depending on how badly the rest of the Fantastic Beasts films flop.  Then wait until everyone's desperate for Potter again, and reboot the theme.  It's a win(gardium leviosa) for LEGO.

Also, LOL at your "deep breath before the plunge" comment.  I, too, was extremely sad that LEGO LOTR is gone, though I am slowly getting over it with all these great new sets from other themes.  :classic:

no we took our limited information and tried to make sense of it- 

in fact we were right about the prefects bathroom siren window- was the only user to mention that being in the set, because my brother saw it. I also mentioned a little library which we didn’t realize was a classroom. Was also the only user to mention that a while back.

He saw some information about dumbledores office and hospital wing and believed it to be in a later wave because figured not enough room and confused the clock tower/watchtower -When in fact it was all in the same. 

The diagon alley d2c is still happening.  

56 minutes ago, LordVoldemort said:

no we took our limited information and tried to make sense of it- 

in fact we were right about the prefects bathroom siren window- was the only user to mention that being in the set, because my brother saw it. I also mentioned a little library which we didn’t realize was a classroom. Was also the only user to mention that a while back.

He saw some information about dumbledores office and hospital wing and believed it to be in a later wave because figured not enough room and confused the clock tower/watchtower -When in fact it was all in the same. 

The diagon alley d2c is still happening.  

Bruh