Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

I remember some people being adamant we wouldn’t get dumbledores office because it was in the great hall set (it’s not, despite the sorting hat and Fawkes being present, there’s nothing to suggest his office) awesome to see we’ll get something here. I wonder if the Goblet of fire itself will be a new mould, I hope it has some cool blue flames

4 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

I remember some people being adamant we wouldn’t get dumbledores office because it was in the great hall set (it’s not, despite the sorting hat and Fawkes being present, there’s nothing to suggest his office) awesome to see we’ll get something here. I wonder if the Goblet of fire itself will be a new mould, I hope it has some cool blue flames

I’m wondering if the goblet will be the same as the one in the D2C. And I always assumed that was Dumbledore’s office in the great hall set because the sorting hat and Fawkes are enough to make that assumption I think. But I’ll probably just find a way to move them to his new office if there’s room 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m wondering if the goblet will be the same as the one in the D2C. And I always assumed that was Dumbledore’s office in the great hall set because the sorting hat and Fawkes are enough to make that assumption I think. But I’ll probably just find a way to move them to his new office if there’s room 

I don’t recall there being a goblet of fire in that set? Unless you mean the cup piece in the room of requirement. I’d say that’s way too small. Needs to have a rocky base. I wouldn’t mind it being bigger than minifig scale slightly. Besides, I’m the movie it’s taller than a person. A cool rocky base with a cup or cup-like build to accommodate fire on top could be cool

18 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

I don’t think Lego would make a new mold since they had the chance to in the CMF series and didn’t.

8 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

I don’t recall there being a goblet of fire in that set? Unless you mean the cup piece in the room of requirement. I’d say that’s way too small. Needs to have a rocky base. I wouldn’t mind it being bigger than minifig scale slightly. Besides, I’m the movie it’s taller than a person. A cool rocky base with a cup or cup-like build to accommodate fire on top could be cool

Yeah that was officially supposed to be the Goblet of Fire. It was a goblet piece with a trans blue stud placed inside the top. In the movie it’s the base that makes it so tall, which hopefully this will have since it’s set in the entrance hall where people place their names into it

Just now, LDDproductions said:

I don’t think Lego would make a new mold since they had the chance to in the CMF series and didn’t.

That wasn’t the Goblet of Fire in the CMF it was the Triwizard Cup

I'm really excited about the clock tower having such a variety of rooms! The whomping willow was taken up by a bunch of potions rooms and a sad dormitory. I guess the "owlery" was something too. It is odd not to have Pomfrey(not sure if I misspelled that) I'm a set with her main room. Guess we will all have to make a custom till CMF 2...

1 minute ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

So no word on when we might expect the next set to leak? I thought nino had them all, can he not show the rest?

He said he’s waiting for his source to tell him he can show the rest, but his source hasn’t responded yet

7 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

I honestly think Nino is lying about having the set leaks. He probably doesn’t even have the leaks.

Um actually he does. I’ve seen them myself as well as him and we both have the same description of the dragon so just stop.

Just now, LDDproductions said:

Um actually he does. I’ve seen them myself as well as him and we both have the same description of the dragon so just stop.

People have a right to be sceptical and question things, they did with what I brought in and I didn’t mind, stop getting so defensive, if he does have them then whoopty-do we’ll see them eventually, if not then all credit will go from him, I don’t even use him for leaks, there are much better leakers out there, just let people think what they want without getting involved

Does anyone else wish the trees from the Patronus set would match the trees from the Aragog set?

1 hour ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

People have a right to be sceptical and question things, they did with what I brought in and I didn’t mind, stop getting so defensive, if he does have them then whoopty-do we’ll see them eventually, if not then all credit will go from him, I don’t even use him for leaks, there are much better leakers out there, just let people think what they want without getting involved

I remember you getting defensive too but I see your point.

1 hour ago, joeee said:

Does anyone else wish the trees from the Patronus set would match the trees from the Aragog set?

While it would be cool if they all matched so the sets could mesh together and create the forbidden forest over time, I like the height and verticality on the patronus set trees better - they’re more imposing and properly tree like. 

1 hour ago, joeee said:

It would be cool of all trees in the Forbidden Forest looked the same but these new trees make the Aragog tree look pretty pathetic

13 hours ago, doclord said:

It seems like soft confirmation that figures like Madame Pomfrey are coming in either other sets (doubtful) or a planned different CMF series (likely).

Yes, she is a perfect CMF candidate :sweet:

9 hours ago, Ultron said:

As awesome as this wave is shaping up to be, if we get snubbed on Fang for like the 5th time I'll be crushed

I agree it is a real bummer :cry_sad:

9 hours ago, Darth Talon said:

That stinks. Maybe we will get dog Sirius in a CMF as an accessory for Harry?

That is possible I guess :shrug_oh_well:

9 hours ago, Lego Lad said:

Lego could include Fang as an accessory for young Harry or Draco in a future CMF series, or have Fang in a set based on the detention forest scene from the first film in a future wave considering he apparently won't be included in this upcoming Hagrid's Hut set.

Yes, but probably not before 2022 if they start over again (2019 3-4, 2020 5-6, 2021 7-8)

36 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

While it would be cool if they all matched so the sets could mesh together and create the forbidden forest over time, I like the height and verticality on the patronus set trees better - they’re more imposing and properly tree like. 

Almost everything in the EP set is usable for army building including the trees (except Harry and Sirius, maybe the stag) :grin:

23 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It would be cool of all trees in the Forbidden Forest looked the same but these new trees make the Aragog tree look pretty pathetic

Well a forest consist of tress in all sizes, so hopefully some of the future sets will also include trees so we can expand our forest every year :wink:

I sounds like a amazing wave from what I have read and seen so far, but not a single owl?! *huh* This is HP there should be plenty of owls around :wacko:

4 hours ago, Darth Talon said:

I'm really excited about the clock tower having such a variety of rooms! The whomping willow was taken up by a bunch of potions rooms and a sad dormitory. I guess the "owlery" was something too. It is odd not to have Pomfrey(not sure if I misspelled that) I'm a set with her main room. Guess we will all have to make a custom till CMF 2...

I'm excited too, I thought that it wouldn't have that much amount of rooms. It must be a very good set!

I really like the sound of these sets, and the omissions do sound like good CMF figures (Pomfrey, Yule Ball Pavati, Padma and Cho) and as we don't have a Myrtle for the Prefects bathroom, or a Lockhart for the DADA room, or any Ginny, I think a Chamber of Secrets set is still possible. 

I know it's not based on the same scene, but it would have been nice to get Norbert in Hagrid's Hut as well, or maybe Lucius Malfoy as he has a scene there in CoS. Like everyone else says, it's a shame we're not getting Fang. 

This isn't a criticism, but I wonder if Lego have perhaps gone through the Harry Potter vehicles too quickly. The second wave in has already seen the Flying Car, Hogwarts Express and Knight Bus, along with the carriage from FB. That only leaves the Baubaton Carriage and Durmstrang ship from GoF, Hogwarts carriage from OotP and Hagrid's motorbike and the Gringotts carts from PS and DH. 

31 minutes ago, Seaber said:

I really like the sound of these sets, and the omissions do sound like good CMF figures (Pomfrey, Yule Ball Pavati, Padma and Cho) and as we don't have a Myrtle for the Prefects bathroom, or a Lockhart for the DADA room, or any Ginny, I think a Chamber of Secrets set is still possible. 

I know it's not based on the same scene, but it would have been nice to get Norbert in Hagrid's Hut as well, or maybe Lucius Malfoy as he has a scene there in CoS. Like everyone else says, it's a shame we're not getting Fang. 

This isn't a criticism, but I wonder if Lego have perhaps gone through the Harry Potter vehicles too quickly. The second wave in has already seen the Flying Car, Hogwarts Express and Knight Bus, along with the carriage from FB. That only leaves the Baubaton Carriage and Durmstrang ship from GoF, Hogwarts carriage from OotP and Hagrid's motorbike and the Gringotts carts from PS and DH. 

Although the set description doesn’t mention Norbert, it does mention an egg so that could be supposed to be Norbert as an egg

The set descriptions sound great! I wonder if we’ll get the skeleton of the dragon that hangs from the ceiling in the DADA classroom.

12 hours ago, Whovastron said:

I wonder if the Goblet of fire itself will be a new mould, I hope it has some cool blue flames

The LEGO HP videogame had a great brickbuilt Goblet, maybe we can get something like that. 

16 hours ago, Darth Talon said:

The graveyard isn't coming till August it won't be revealed anytime soon

I know, it was kind of a joke "I'm dying to see pictures so I'm going to need the graveyard set"dying xD

About the vehicles being released too quickly, the problem is HP doesn't have that many vehicles neither is it known for them, and the ones they do have mostly appear in the first 3 movies. Ofcourse there's the Hogwarts Express, but that's significant enough to likely get a new version every few years when Lego has gone over all the movies by 2021(ish). I can see them including Hagrids/Sirius Motorbike in a DH Privet Drive set based around the battle of the Harrys. I could even see them including the Dursley Car. Besides that there's also still FB with future movies that could include multiple vehicles, so I think it's almost save to see we won't be out of WW vehicle themed sets any time soon (even if they're 'repeats')

I could see a privet drive based off any of the films tbh:

philosphers stone:

aunt petunia, uncle vernon, harry (baby), Hagrid, dumbledore, mcgonnagoll

chamber of secrets:

aunt petunia, uncle vernon, Dudley, harry, dobby 

prisoner of Azkaban: 

aunt petunia, uncle vernon, harry, Dudley, Marge

whilst it could be from some of the latter films I doubt it- I am also planning to build the privet drive from the build your own adventure book- so I’m hoping we get the dursley’s in a CMF series 2

and I’m strongly hoping for a dementor attack set for order of the Phoenix with Dudley, harry and dementor next year 

Edited by Legoniche