Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

11 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Well, I think it's possible that they might include more Yule figures in the Advent Calendar, so there's a chance they might actually use the torso for Neville. Just a thought.

They might put more in the calendar, but honestly, I don’t think there will be more than one exclusive minifig in the advent calendar. That’s how it always worked with Star Wars. This could be different, but I’m not getting my hopes up. It’ll still be awesome! But I’m not expecting more than one or two new figures. I think there’s a higher chance of getting more Yule Ball figures in the next CMF series than the advent calendar. But that’s just my opinion, we’ll have to wait and see

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

9 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

That’s how it always worked with Star Wars

I think HP will be better than SW, the value in the sets are at least, but offcourse they will use a lot of the minifig spots on characters we already got so maybe you are right.. I am pretty sure a lot of them are christmas themed so I expect some Weasleys beside Ron to show up :tongue:

3 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I think HP will be better than SW, the value in the sets are at least, but offcourse they will use a lot of the minifig spots on characters we already got so maybe you are right.. I am pretty sure a lot of them are christmas themed so I expect some Weasleys beside Ron to show up :tongue:

I think the perfect way to do it would be to include Fred and George in their Christmas sweaters, one with an “F” the other with a “G”. Face prints could even be the same with dual sided expressions to distinguish. And then just include whatever generic characters they want to. That would be perfect I think

So remember when that dude said I was lying about the advent calendar? I have the prelim now, dm me on Instagram at LDDProductions_ for the pic, can’t show here cuz it’s prelim. Please don’t post around.

58 minutes ago, LDDproductions said:

So remember when that dude said I was lying about the advent calendar? I have the prelim now, dm me on Instagram at LDDProductions_ for the pic, can’t show here cuz it’s prelim. Please don’t post around.

If you have it? What is in the calendar?

1 hour ago, LDDproductions said:

I have sent you a dm, I would be honored to be allowed to see the picture or hear any more details :D xD

1 hour ago, LDDproductions said:

Thou hast been dm'ed.

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

They might put more in the calendar, but honestly, I don’t think there will be more than one exclusive minifig in the advent calendar. That’s how it always worked with Star Wars. This could be different, but I’m not getting my hopes up. It’ll still be awesome! But I’m not expecting more than one or two new figures. I think there’s a higher chance of getting more Yule Ball figures in the next CMF series than the advent calendar. But that’s just my opinion, we’ll have to wait and see

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Star Wars is weird because it’s changed a lot in the years it’s been around. I’ve looked over a list of the old advent calendars, and while the first several had a Santa variant as the exclusive, last year’s had a random normal character as the exclusive, with only a couple of Christmas themed builds. 

I also think it’s worth noting that last year’s exclusive had exclusive head, torso, and leg prints - so if we’re just getting Christmas sweater variants then there’s more of a chance of more than one exclusive if it’s just new torso prints. But if we get an entirely new character...

I’m also rather fond of the idea that we might get all four uniform torsos in the advent calendar - so I think there could be a real possibility of combining existing heads and torsos in new ways. 

Anyone have any ideas of when the sets might be officially announced? Is it going to be a summer wave again? The announced it much earlier last year.

9 minutes ago, Mordarch said:

Anyone have any ideas of when the sets might be officially announced? Is it going to be a summer wave again? The announced it much earlier last year.

Supposedly the release is June 1st. It shouldn’t be too much longer until the reveal. But I’m pretty sure it was about the same amount of time last year, with the exception of the Great Hall that was revealed in February at Toy Fair. I’m pretty sure everything else was revealed around June for a July 1st release (in the US at least).

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

25 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Supposedly the release is June 1st. It shouldn’t be too much longer until the reveal. But I’m pretty sure it was about the same amount of time last year, with the exception of the Great Hall that was revealed in February at Toy Fair. I’m pretty sure everything else was revealed around June for a July 1st release (in the US at least).

Actually the Whomping Willow, Hogwarts Express and Quidditch Match sets were announced mid May, and Aragog and Newt’s Suitcase were officially released in mid June (although set pics of both were leaked before then). The Great Hall and Grindelwald’s Escape were both released much earlier, to coincide with Toy Fair and last year’s trailer release respectively. 

In any case, those announcements were all fairly unusual because it was essentially a new theme. The only product that followed the normal 1 month before schedule was the CMF. Given that we haven’t seen anything yet, I imagine that this year’s wave will be announced all at once in about a week or two.

Thanks to LDD who was very kind enough to share the prelim pic of the advent calendar we have an awesome look at what we’ll get- whilst the quality isn’t great, not his fault tho- I can make out that we’ll get:

year 1/2 Harry in Christmas ‘H’ jumper

year 1/2 Hermione in the Black hogwarts CMF style robes 

a printed 1x2 tile of the marauders map

a snowy Christmas tree

Numerous presents 

some food with bowls

a big fireplace maybe with Sirius Black face in it, it looks to be the gryffindor common room fireplace 

there are other stuff but it’s hard to see, and that’s just all that’s on the front- I’m so hyped, Thanks LDD! ??

There also seems to be a gryffindor banner which is just a red flag piece and the food is on the sam even plate pieces as in the great hall so now it can be further decorated with food as that was one of the weak spot so of the great hall

Edited by Legoniche

I find it kind of odd how we can only see two minifigures on the box art, normally the calendars have around 5-7 minifigs, with a lot of them on the box to get people to buy it. I would expect there to be more than two minifigs in this one, but it’s strange there isn’t more on the box.

besides that it looks great! Legoniche did a great job at recapping all we can see so I won’t repeat what’s been said, but everything looks pretty exciting.

8 minutes ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

I find it kind of odd how we can only see two minifigures on the box art, normally the calendars have around 5-7 minifigs, with a lot of them on the box to get people to buy it. I would expect there to be more than two minifigs in this one, but it’s strange there isn’t more on the box.

besides that it looks great! Legoniche did a great job at recapping all we can see so I won’t repeat what’s been said, but everything looks pretty exciting.

Despite this being preliminary, it looks to be pretty official- but yeah I’m hoping there’s atleast 6-7 minifigures in it, fingers crossed ??

30 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

year 1/2 Harry in Christmas ‘H’ jumper

year 1/2 Hermione in the Black hogwarts CMF style robes 

a printed 1x2 tile of the marauders map

a snowy Christmas tree

Numerous presents 

some food with bowls

a big fireplace maybe with Sirius Black face in it, it looks to be the gryffindor common room fireplace

Honestly, the Christmas sweater Harry isn’t really a surprise - it’s such an iconic part of the movies and an even more iconic part of the books. I do hope that the fact that only Harry’s torso will be a new print might mean we get some other new torsos in a similar vein. 

Hyped about more school robes instead of just uniform torsos. And I’m super psyched for a marauders map tile, since that means we might get one in one of the sets as well. 

It’s also great that we’ll be getting some set dressings for our Hogwarts castles (although I’m hoping for some microbuilds as well) which isn’t something you see a ton of in the Star Wars calendars, but I found pretty fun in the City calendar I got last year. 

14 minutes ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

Some of the reviews I’ve read from last year’s set of calendars were actually complaining about the number of spoilers on the box. Maybe Lego is reacting to the poor reception of last year’s offerings? In any case, the very first Lego Harry Potter advent calendar isn’t going to need to spoil to much of what’s inside to get people clearing it off the shelves. 

Edited by Accio Lego

9 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Honestly, the Christmas sweater Harry isn’t really a surprise - it’s such an iconic part of the movies and an even more iconic part of the books. I do hope that the fact that only Harry’s torso will be a new print might mean we get some other new torsos in a similar vein. 

Hyped about more school robes instead of just uniform torsos. And I’m super psyched for a marauders map tile, since that means we might get one in one of the sets as well. 

It’s also great that we’ll be getting some set dressings for our Hogwarts castles (although I’m hoping for some microbuilds as well) which isn’t something you see a ton of in the Star Wars calendars, but I found pretty fun in the City calendar I got last year. 

Some of the reviews I’ve read from last year’s set of calendars were actually complaining about the number of spoilers on the box. Maybe Lego is reacting to the poor reception of last year’s offerings? In any case, the very first Lego Harry Potter advent calendar isn’t going to need to spoil to much of what’s inside to get people clearing it off the shelves. 

I’ll be opening them all on day 1 anyway ?- I tell you what though, it’s going straight in my basket

Edited by Legoniche

55 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Actually the Whomping Willow, Hogwarts Express and Quidditch Match sets were announced mid May, and Aragog and Newt’s Suitcase were officially released in mid June (although set pics of both were leaked before then). The Great Hall and Grindelwald’s Escape were both released much earlier, to coincide with Toy Fair and last year’s trailer release respectively. 

In any case, those announcements were all fairly unusual because it was essentially a new theme. The only product that followed the normal 1 month before schedule was the CMF. Given that we haven’t seen anything yet, I imagine that this year’s wave will be announced all at once in about a week or two.

Thank you for the correction, it’s been a while, I mixed up some details

I’m hoping there are more than just two figures in the advent calendar, but even the two they show are enough for me to buy it!

By the looks of it the presents are in the house colours (yellow black hufflepuff) (blue grey Ravenclaw) also are you sure the tile is of the marauders map because i originally thought it was a hogwarts letter (not sure why) but also why would hermione have the map?  Because it’s hermione I would think it might be the basilisk sheet, also I would be a bit disappointed if it’s the marauders map because a 1 x 2 tile is a bit small if they are using a 2 x 3 for the quibbler 

26 minutes ago, RandomSniper109 said:

By the looks of it the presents are in the house colours (yellow black hufflepuff) (blue grey Ravenclaw) also are you sure the tile is of the marauders map because i originally thought it was a hogwarts letter (not sure why) but also why would hermione have the map?  Because it’s hermione I would think it might be the basilisk sheet, also I would be a bit disappointed if it’s the marauders map because a 1 x 2 tile is a bit small if they are using a 2 x 3 for the quibbler 

It honestly looks like the same printed tile we got in some of the other sets last year. I could be wrong

3 hours ago, Mordarch said:

Could be any day now

1 hour ago, Legoniche said:

I’ll be opening them all on day 1 anyway ?- I tell you what though, it’s going straight in my basket

I'd like to say ''what's the fun in that'' but deep inside I know I'll probably do the exact same thing :laugh_hard:

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Could be any day now

I'd like to say ''what's the fun in that'' but deep inside I know I'll probably do the exact same thing :laugh_hard:

I only stay committed for the first five days haha

More set dressings for Hogwarts sounds good, l'll probably get the advent calender and will probably open it all at once. 

And I'm going away for two weeks starting in 9 days time, so what's the bet we'll get the announcment and set pics while I'm away? Stuff always seems to happen when I'm away from the internet XD

So guys I’ve just been sent an image of Expecto Patronum and man it’s 10x better than I imagined, it has 2 Dementors (yes 2), Harry, Sirius, and the stag as said. It comes with 2 trees, different from the ones in Aragog. The leafs are sticking up now. There’s also a small plate to represent the lake.

Okay so I just saw the first task as well! This one was an instruction manual pic but it shows everything and man you won’t be disappointed. The figs are the same but the Horntail is fantastic, it looks amazing regarldless of the Head reuse. Fleur’s hair looked different (I wasn’t aloud to screenshot this one) but I may be wrong, There’s also a tan tent build and something else small.

Also for those who are curious the Horntails wings are an Existing mood. I think it was the same on they used for the Thestrals. And if you’re wondering, from the angle I saw the Dragon is not robotic