Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Stan looks really good. Big improvement on the hat piece. A minor quibble but it’s a shame there’s no hair printing on the sides of his head. But otherwise a solid figure. 

Harry looks good as well. It’s cool to see they went with the overcoat robe with this variant. I think the previous Yule Ball torso could also work with this version of Harry as well.

48 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

Stan looks really good. Big improvement on the hat piece. A minor quibble but it’s a shame there’s no hair printing on the sides of his head. But otherwise a solid figure. 

Harry looks good as well. It’s cool to see they went with the overcoat robe with this variant. I think the previous Yule Ball torso could also work with this version of Harry as well.

I agree, it could work as a pretty neat alternate variation of Yule Ball Harry without the outer robes. All you would have to do is give him black medium legs and the new hairpiece. His face printing is perfectly fine

Just a heads up; the instagram hashtags are being missused and people are posting Avengers: Endgame Spoilers including leaked scenes.

So you might wanna stay clear of looking for LEGO leaks if you intend on seeing the movie spoiler free.

Edited by Alegrispa

Personally, as long as the Horntail is a creative and resourceful build, I don't mind if it's undersized and not 100% movie accurate.  The Occamy and Thunderbird from Newt's Case were a joy to build, and I hated that movie.  We have to remember that the Horntail set is rumored to be about $35, not bad at all, considering we get all four Champions.  I didn't own the last Horntail set, but it's pretty clear that the build was trash (with the possible exception of the stands with the printed school crest tiles), and that most of the budget went toward the dragon, which was also undersized and not 100% movie accurate.  

Now take The Lonely Mountain from The Hobbit, which I do have: Smaug is enormous and incredibly well-designed, but even he feels slightly "<insert that tiresome argument>," [odd, "J_NIORIZED" was censored] especially his legs, which are hollow on the inside.  I suspect that TLG will never produce another dragon as fine as Smaug, but even so, that Hobbit set came with only five other minifigures and 800-odd pieces for $130, suggesting that the dragon demanded a premium of $50 or so.  

What I am not okay with is Viktor's head print, and, to a lesser extent, those of Fleur and Cedric.  I understand that there is a limited budget to go around, but this Wizarding World theme really seems to want to pull out all the stops, but is somehow unable to do so.  If they really wanted to prove that "only the best is good enough," which is a bit of a lost cause in the world of cutthroat capitalism, they should have just released the Azkaban sets this season and waited before releasing the ones from Goblet.

That pumpkin looks great, though, as does Stan's hat.  Hagrid's Hut will be a day one buy, regardless of how much money I blow through on May the Fourth...  :blush:

Edited by RogueTwo

1 hour ago, Alegrispa said:

instagram

Thanks, you saved me just in time. Guess I'll wait for the official Pictures. Can't be far away now... I hope.

Btw good to hear there's a new pumpkin piece (although kinda weird they made that over a new dragon head, but ofcourse pumpkins are reusable) Anyway this gives me high hopes for Hagrids Hut, by what we know so far this might be the best set out of the wave.

To add to @Alegrispa's warning, I'd also suggest to unfollow lego leakaccounts. They're littering their stories with spoilers, especially (sadly) our most reliable minifigureleaker: the_real_fcl2.0

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yule Ball Hermione is going to end up being the one figure we never get a glimpse of until the official reveal

Hopefully the reason we haven’t seen her is because she’s being made in another factory because she has arm and side leg printing or a cloth skirt. 

Also, I think the fact we haven’t seen a hagrid leak is because it’s the same version as last wave, so there’s no reason to leak it. :(

38 minutes ago, GilbertoAguilera101 said:

Hopefully the reason we haven’t seen her is because she’s being made in another factory because she has arm and side leg printing or a cloth skirt. 

Also, I think the fact we haven’t seen a hagrid leak is because it’s the same version as last wave, so there’s no reason to leak it. :(

I would be very disappointed if she had a cloth skirt. It’s got to be a printed dress piece. I don’t care that it’s like a millimeter taller than the medium legs, it’s worth the exchange. The cloth piece wouldn’t do it justice at all, it’s one of the most iconic HP outfits of all time. I wouldn’t mind if Harry and Ron had cloth pieces to continue their dress robes since they have no leg printing.

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yule Ball Hermione is going to end up being the one figure we never get a glimpse of until the official reveal

And I hope she'll be worth the wait.

12 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

[...] although kinda weird they made that over a new dragon head [...]

Maybe the Occamy/Thunderbird head mould was designed with other creatures already in mind as well, like the Horntail as it turns out? Of course it‘s not a perfect match, but I find it weird that it has four bar-sized holes even though both creatures only make use of two of them each :shrug_oh_well: Adding unused studs to moulds isn‘t unheard of (Gollum, BB-8, Rancor etc), but this seems rather suspicious to me :wink: 

Either way, I agree that a new head mould would have been preferable, but it‘ll be the printing that makes or breaks the Horntail’s head. If the printing is as good as the Occamy’s and the Thunderbird‘s, then I‘m ok with the choice :thumbup: 

5 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Maybe the Occamy/Thunderbird head mould was designed with other creatures already in mind as well, like the Horntail as it turns out? Of course it‘s not a perfect match, but I find it weird that it has four bar-sized holes even though both creatures only make use of two of them each :shrug_oh_well: Adding unused studs to moulds isn‘t unheard of (Gollum, BB-8, Rancor etc), but this seems rather suspicious to me :wink: 

Either way, I agree that a new head mould would have been preferable, but it‘ll be the printing that makes or breaks the Horntail’s head. If the printing is as good as the Occamy’s and the Thunderbird‘s, then I‘m ok with the choice :thumbup: 

I hope you’re right. I hope it’s not as bad as I’m imagining. There’s still the size though, it just seems so small for the Horntail.

I was thinking about Yule ball hermione and they (in my opinion) need to have a new face print because they can’t use the cmf head and also the poa head probably wouldn’t look right 

2 hours ago, RandomSniper109 said:

I was thinking about Yule ball hermione and they (in my opinion) need to have a new face print because they can’t use the cmf head and also the poa head probably wouldn’t look right 

I agree, a new one would be nice, with a smile on one side and an angry hurt expression on the other. I’m more curious what piece they’ll use for her hair though

27 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I agree, a new one would be nice, with a smile on one side and an angry hurt expression on the other. I’m more curious what piece they’ll use for her hair though

Out of the existing hairpieces I think Barbara Gordon's fits pretty well. But to completely capture the look a new hairpiece would be needed (same with Fleur, but I guess we can't have everything we want)

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Hm, if they had a new face print in store they would‘ve used it on the PoA version as well, wouldn‘t they :wink:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Out of the existing hairpieces I think Barbara Gordon's fits pretty well. But to completely capture the look a new hairpiece would be needed (same with Fleur, but I guess we can't have everything we want)

Yeah, that‘s probably the best option :classic: Elsa‘s from the upcoming CMF series might theoretically work as well, but that one is surely off-limits, like all Disney-specific moulds. Hairpieces from the Friends theme shouldn‘t be ruled out either since they‘re willing to reuse them for minifigs, as evidenced by Qi‘ra. I‘m fine with most choices, as long as it doesn‘t end up being this one: 

62696.png

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

Hm, if they had a new face print in store they would‘ve used it on the PoA version as well, wouldn‘t they :wink:

Yeah, that‘s probably the best option :classic: Elsa‘s from the upcoming CMF series might theoretically work as well, but that one is surely off-limits, like all Disney-specific moulds. Hairpieces from the Friends theme shouldn‘t be ruled out either since they‘re willing to reuse them for minifigs, as evidenced by Qi‘ra. I‘m fine with most choices, as long as it doesn‘t end up being this one: 

62696.png

Now that you mention that hairpiece I actually think chances are fairly high of that piece being used :laugh_hard:

Decided to remind myself what Hermione’s hair actually looked like in that scene, and it really needs a new mold and not some generic ponytail. Personally, I’m hoping the reason they went with old heads and hair on some of the characters is so they can do the most iconic Yule Ball look correctly. 

4705DC68-0A61-4D2C-8BBE-EE69661274AA.jpeg

I have a feeling that her hair will be a massive disappointment for anyone hoping it will be either new or closely resemble her actual movie look.

It seems LEGO pulled out all the stops for the first new wave of Harry Potter to give it a proper kickoff, and now have fallen back to many of the compromises that we're used to with reused face and leg prints (though the leg print thing is clever), pre-existing hair moulds, etc.

I personally would've preferred even just new face prints for Krum and the Hermione that we've seen over that Stag Patronus, and I don't see how kids will find a static trans-blue animal to be all that fun either. Certainly if Yule Ball Hermione turns out to have an ill-fitting hairpiece and/or there's no new Hagrid and/or no Fang (or an existing mould named Fang in the set), any of those should've been prioritised over the new stag in my opinion.

All that said, I'm still quite grateful for what LEGO has done and is doing with this theme, as it's above and beyond the Wizarding World sets that have come before in all respects and honestly a dream come true that they're making new Harry Potter sets at all.

Yeah, I think Barbara Gordon's hairpiece is the most suitable option so far. Although not completey accurate, much better than the same ponytail they used on Fleur...

I hope too that the reason why none of her parts have leaked is because somehow she will indeed have new pieces and she's being produced elsewhere, I don't know. 

Aaand fingers crossed for fabric pieces for the other minifigs. That'll make them look more put together.

37 minutes ago, wesker said:

No one's brought up the Series 15 CMF Queen hairpiece? That one could work pretty well.

15499.jpg

Ooo... that’s probably the closest one we’ve seen yet - I’d actually be fine with this if the printing was new and well done (although new hair is still ideal)

59 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Man, I think the Harry Potter sets are the only wave for June that still haven’t been revealed yet.

Shouldn't be long now. But technically, none of the June sets have been officially revealed by lego as they were just put online by random toy stores