Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

5 hours ago, Ultron said:

Err I wouldn't say that at all? I would say Mega actually understands they have an adult audience and aren't afraid to cater to them...

Except both Mega and LEGO are toys which are still primarily bought by and for children, no matter how big the adult communities have grown. Catering to adults may work short-term, but probably isn’t that wise of a long-term strategy, especially when you care about your reputation :wink: TLG could easily make tons of short-term money by releasing sets based on currently popular adult-oriented franchises, but probably at the cost of their reputation. They always try to find a balance, so that most themes usually have elements that adult fans may appreciate (easter eggs or minifigs kids wouldn‘t care about much, HP being a good example: what kid really wants a Fudge minifig?) and collector-oriented sets still have some play features sometimes :classic:

In essence, you‘re right about competition being a good thing and that Mega has some well-selling themes, but they also have lots of questionable themes (like ones based on realistic FPS or other violent content). I’ve never seen any sales figures, but I can’t imagine some of the themes doing too well when they end up in pound stores for ashens to review :head_back:

18 minutes ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

Are we getting Cedric in the Clock/Watchtower set? 

According to reliable reports, no. But some people on IG are under the impression that we are. So far, everything has lined up perfectly with those initial reports from @TheRandomBlocker so I’m gonna go with what he’s told us. Could some minor changes have been made since the preliminary sets were shown at TF? Sure. It’s not all that likely but it’s not impossible

6 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

According to reliable reports, no. But some people on IG are under the impression that we are. So far, everything has lined up perfectly with those initial reports from @TheRandomBlocker so I’m gonna go with what he’s told us. Could some minor changes have been made since the preliminary sets were shown at TF? Sure. It’s not all that likely but it’s not impossible

It’s not impossible at all, it’s happened before I do believe, they could easily add new characters, and it would make sense for them to add Cedric or just have had him planned all along but not show him at TF

25 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

It’s not impossible at all, it’s happened before I do believe, they could easily add new characters, and it would make sense for them to add Cedric or just have had him planned all along but not show him at TF

If they did change it, I would rather they add Parvati than Cedric honestly

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’d probably see Parvati or Padma turning up in the next CMF series rather than the set to be honest. Cedric seems like the most feasible bet purely because the other three champions are included, seems a bit odd to leave him out 

May I remind you all we got a Susan Bones in the Hogwarts castle. One of the least mentionable characters in the entire franchise.

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Honestly, I’m with you on that one, more Lego PoCs and I will be happy

and if I’m honest I think they’ve done it they way they’ve done it because then we’ve got 2 of each champion, Task 1 and Yule Harry, Task 1 and Yule Fleur, Task 1 and Yule Krum and Task 1 and Task 3 Cedric

1 hour ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

and if I’m honest I think they’ve done it they way they’ve done it because then we’ve got 2 of each champion, Task 1 and Yule Harry, Task 1 and Yule Fleur, Task 1 and Yule Krum and Task 1 and Task 3 Cedric

I totally would understand their logic with that but I also think it would be important to include Parvati since she’s Harry’s Yule Ball date, I mean come on, he can’t go alone and look like a loser

2 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I totally would understand their logic with that but I also think it would be important to include Parvati since she’s Harry’s Yule Ball date, I mean come on, he can’t go alone and look like a loser

I wasn’t disagreeing with you, haha, I was saying he’s probably not included to keep it even between all 4 champions, plus if we got Parvati it would be super easy to make Padma seen as they’re literally identical twins

What are you guys thoughts about the 2019 sets boxart, do you think its gonna be the same as last year? If different what color(s) are you hopeing for? 

I love Madame Maxime! Hopefully she looks good next to Hagrid, I’m a bit worried since he has a specialized body and different arms. Is that a new tall sloping dress piece or is it just a taller slope brick? I’m hoping it’s a proper dress piece especially since it’s printed on both sides but it’s hard to tell. 

5 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I love Madame Maxime! Hopefully she looks good next to Hagrid, I’m a bit worried since he has a specialized body and different arms. Is that a new tall sloping dress piece or is it just a taller slope brick? I’m hoping it’s a proper dress piece especially since it’s printed on both sides but it’s hard to tell. 

It’s a normal sloped Brick, not the dress piece

2 hours ago, TurboTj-DK said:

What are you guys thoughts about the 2019 sets boxart, do you think its gonna be the same as last year? If different what color(s) are you hopeing for? 

I really hope they'll do the side of the boxes the same way as they did with the Endgame boxes. The legostyle drawn figures look so great!

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I really hope they'll do the side of the boxes the same way as they did with the Endgame boxes. The legostyle drawn figures look so great!

That would be really cute. I've just ordered another Mirror of Erised sticker sheet actually because I love the minifigure style drawings. :)

7 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

That would be really cute. I've just ordered another Mirror of Erised sticker sheet actually because I love the minifigure style drawings. :)

I love all the portraits in the Hogwarts Castle D2C. The Whomping Willow set had some nice ones too, I really like that style, and of course the Mirror Of Erised looks beautiful

If you had asked me before the start of the year, I would‘ve guessed that the boxart stayed the same as last year‘s, just like in 2010/11. However, 2019 has proven to be quite a remarkable year in terms of boxart: Star Wars has the first LEGO-specific boxart since the early 2000‘s, Marvel and DC now have unique boxart for each subtheme and the 4+ sets either have their respective theme’s design (Star Wars) or a completely new one (Toy Story 4) :classic: Based on that, a new design might be in the realm of possibility :wink:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Slightly off topic but just bought Hogwarts Express for only £49.99 from Argos online in case any UK members don't have it yet. Cheapest I've seen it. Hope I've not broken any rules letting you all know.

On 4/5/2019 at 12:15 PM, badboytje88 said:

May I remind you all we got a Susan Bones in the Hogwarts castle. One of the least mentionable characters in the entire franchise.

Although that was likely just to give us school uniform torsos of all four houses than to actually include her as a character on purpose

On 4/5/2019 at 5:15 PM, badboytje88 said:

3 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Although that was likely just to give us school uniform torsos of all four houses than to actually include her as a character on purpose

The reason that we got Susan Bones is the most clear “obscure” minifigure inclusion ever, it’s the scene based on the sorting ceremony, we get every student that we saw getting sorted, Susan, Draco, Harry, Hermione and Ron

14 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

The reason that we got Susan Bones is the most clear “obscure” minifigure inclusion ever, it’s the scene based on the sorting ceremony, we get every student that we saw getting sorted, Susan, Draco, Harry, Hermione and Ron

The fact that we got a Hufflepuff uniform torso was definitely an added bonus though, and might very well have contributed to choosing that particular character line up. 

Personally, I’m really hoping that they use the fact that all four uniform torsos currently exist (finally!) to allow themselves to put some ‘obscure’ Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw students in the advent calendar (Draco and some combination of Gryffindors is basically assured). After all, from my understanding of the Star Wars calendars there’s only a limited number of exclusive prints in each year, so what better way to get people excited for the advent calendar with old prints than to release all four uniform torsos together for once. 

I had a thought. It could be completely wrong but I’ll just offer it up anyway. We saw that lighter brown Moody hair piece that people have found in the build a minifig stations at the Lego store. That most likely means those are currently in production in that color for a set. If you look closely at the leaked image of the Sirius minifigure, you can see that the beard is a lighter brown than the hair. That Luke hair piece doesn’t currently exist in dark brown but some bootlegs do have it in that color, I have some of them myself. It isn’t unheard of for someone to leak a figure with some bootleg parts as a filler. Could it be possible that they actually are using the Moody hair piece in medium brown that wasn’t shown in the leak?

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I had a thought. It could be completely wrong but I’ll just offer it up anyway. We saw that lighter brown Moody hair piece that people have found in the build a minifig stations at the Lego store. That most likely means those are currently in production in that color for a set. If you look closely at the leaked image of the Sirius minifigure, you can see that the beard is a lighter brown than the hair. That Luke hair piece doesn’t currently exist in dark brown but some bootlegs do have it in that color, I have some of them myself. It isn’t unheard of for someone to leak a figure with some bootleg parts as a filler. Could it be possible that they actually are using the Moody hair piece in medium brown that wasn’t shown in the leak?

I don’t know, but that beard looks dark brown to me. Besides, they make pieces exclusive to the build a figure section. Besides, I doubt the hairpiece is bootleg.

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

We saw that lighter brown Moody hair piece that people have found in the build a minifig stations at the Lego store. That most likely means those are currently in production in that color for a set. 

Do new pieces that are in production for an unreleased set typically leak via the minifigure building stations? I don’t get to root around in my local Lego store often, but usually when I see new elements in there it’s after they’ve been released in whatever they were originally made for.