Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

At first I was disappointed about Stan‘s lack of an alternate expression, until I realized there‘s currently no fitting hat-hair combo mould to cover up the back of the head :grin: I wonder which mould they‘ll use, I think it‘s either the police hat that‘s been around since CMF series 9 or the captain‘s cap that was introduced in series 10    :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It’s true that we have seen the specific torsos and we’ve also seen the heads, legs, and hair pieces on the first task figures. But technically we have yet to see those two Yule Ball figures in their entirety, all assembled. We know what they will look like but we still haven’t seen those torsos with the correct heads, legs, and hair attached

General question: do you guys think Stan’s head could potentially work for Krum? It’s not at all perfect but it does have facial hair that is fairly close to what Krum’s should look like. It may at least look better than the face they actually gave Krum. What do you think?

Don’t think it would work at all. The spots and expression just don’t make sense for Krum in my opinion 

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I named all figures we've either hadn't seen yet or are incomplete as of now. Reading is hard :wink:

Where exactly are they then? They aren't on the leaks # on instagram page.

45 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Don’t think it would work at all. The spots and expression just don’t make sense for Krum in my opinion 

True but the one Lego is actually using makes even less sense in my opinion

45 minutes ago, Geoh said:

Where exactly are they then? They aren't on the leaks # on instagram page.

They were. They’ve been steadily coming in for weeks, but people don’t keep them up forever. I guess you’re a little late. You could probably find all of them if you search deep enough on google

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

can‘t wait to see how Madame Maxime turns out, can‘t be long till we get Sirius‘ whole body as well

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

No. We dont know what is coming next year for the CMF. Series 20 is very likely but the other two series are unkown

I hope Stan will return later as a Death Eater!

Stan was never a death eater, that was just a rumour / misunderstanding

1 minute ago, IzzyLEGOFreak said:

Stan was never a death eater, that was just a rumour / misunderstanding

It was neither rumour nor misunderstanding, Stan was a death eater, but not through choice, he was under the Imperius curse, that’s what gave Harry away in the book (unlike Hedwig in the film), he used expelliarmus in Stan when everyone else (including Ron and Hermione) were using the Killing Curse on all the death eaters

Minilegogo just posted some info on Fudge. He has reused printed legs (probably the same General Hux legs used on a lot of HP figures including Snape) and has a new torso

19 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Minilegogo just posted some info on Fudge. He has reused printed legs (probably the same General Hux legs used on a lot of HP figures including Snape) and has a new torso

I believe so far it’s been Hux, Snape, Fury, and Cedric. It works really well for all of them which is rare for a reused print

40 minutes ago, LDDproductions said:

For people wanting to switch out the face on Victor, I recommend the Poe Dameron face from TLJ or TFA. It’s not perfect, but I think it’s close.

That’s not a bad shout actually.

im presuming Fudge comes with a Bowler hat. A small cape like Robin’s would work quite nicely to.

I guess Macnair has a new face print since there isn‘t any currently available that would suit him. Fudge on the other hand doesn‘t really require a new face print :purrr: Ken Wheatley‘s from JW:FK might work?

56 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I guess Macnair has a new face print since there isn‘t any currently available that would suit him. Fudge on the other hand doesn‘t really require a new face print :purrr: Ken Wheatley‘s from JW:FK might work?

I do see some kind of resemblance (although Wheatley looks a little younger) but I feel like Fudge would only use this face if they do give him a bowler hat, if they give him a hairpiece I'd rather have another (or new) face with an alternate expression. 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I do see some kind of resemblance (although Wheatley looks a little younger) but I feel like Fudge would only use this face if they do give him a bowler hat, if they give him a hairpiece I'd rather have another (or new) face with an alternate expression. 

I imagine they‘d go with the bowler hat, it‘s his signature headgear after all :laugh: I wouldn‘t mind a new face print, but it‘d be kind of weird for them to design a new face print for a minor character like Fudge but resorting to recycling faces for the champions (minus Harry), Hermione and Dumbledore :grin:

Sure, other minor characters such as Stan and Ernie get new face prints as well, but those are justified since there‘s nothing currently available that suits their unique appearances :wink:

21 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

At first I was disappointed about Stan‘s lack of an alternate expression, until I realized there‘s currently no fitting hat-hair combo mould to cover up the back of the head :grin: I wonder which mould they‘ll use, I think it‘s either the police hat that‘s been around since CMF series 9 or the captain‘s cap that was introduced in series 10    :thumbup:

I'm really hoping for one of those large police caps.  If they reuse the one that's been around forever (the one that was used in the previous two Knight Buses) I will be severely disappointed.
Speaking of severely disappointed, the Shrunken Head is not good.  It's a fantastic head print, but not really fitting for that character, IMO.  I'm planning on starting a thread soon about previous pieces/figures that were (arguably) better in their previous iterations:

-Shrunken Head
-Basilisk
-Madame Hooch's cape
-Snape from 2010
-McGonagall from 2010

etc.

12 minutes ago, Jawaguy4 said:

I think you mean 2007 :wink:

That one was quite poor to be honest with the printed hair and everything, the 2010 one was way better and the 2018 version trumps even that one IMO :wink: It‘s all a matter of personal preference of course, but at least we can certainly all agree that the very first one was the worst bar none. After 18 years I still have no idea what they were thinking with the glow-in-the-dark head :roflmao:

20 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I'm planning on starting a thread soon about previous pieces/figures that were (arguably) better in their previous iterations:

-Shrunken Head

The new one may not be perfect, but it‘s still better than a 1x1 sand green round brick or a print on a windshield :tongue:

46 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I'm really hoping for one of those large police caps.  If they reuse the one that's been around forever (the one that was used in the previous two Knight Buses) I will be severely disappointed.
Speaking of severely disappointed, the Shrunken Head is not good.  It's a fantastic head print, but not really fitting for that character, IMO.  I'm planning on starting a thread soon about previous pieces/figures that were (arguably) better in their previous iterations:

-Shrunken Head
-Basilisk
-Madame Hooch's cape
-Snape from 2010
-McGonagall from 2010

etc.

I have to disagree on Snape, especially the new face is near perfection. I do agree with the others, McGonagall could've easily be fixed by one of the new dress pieces with a print but its still weird to me why they chose normal legs. Hoochs cape is also understandable as they now use a different material for capes. The Basilsisk in the GH was just a cobbled together build out of the remaining parts budget and was lackluster because of it.

Personally, I think the new shrunken head is really good, it’s an excellent likeness. Having the hair printed onto the head piece makes it look a little odd but I understand the need for it since they need the exposed stud in order to hang it in the Bus

I think if Lego did not have budget constraints, for the shrunken head, they would've definitely made a hair piece with an exposed stud on top. I imagine the hairpiece can hold the head piece exactly how Lego did the lanterns. There is nothing to keep the 1x1 yellow piece in but it never falls out!

If lego ever did follow the books (theoretically) give me a Lockhart from st mungo's please :tongue:

ptal2m4l.jpg

C’mon guys, if Lego made a new hairpiece for the shrunken head, what the heck would they use it for after that? Lego isnt just going to get Lobo’s hairpiece and add a stud to it and never use it again.

Edited by HalfBloodPrince

2 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

C’mon guys, if Lego made a new hairpiece for the shrunken head, what the heck would they use it for after that? Lego isnt just going to get Lobo’s hairpiece and add a stud to it and never be used again.

And besides that, there is no way a hairpiece with long hair would fit inside what is most likely already a relatively small space

2 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

-Basilisk

I'm pretty sure the snake in the great hall was not the one from CoS, I think its from PS.