Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

24 minutes ago, Ultron said:

I imagine they didn't want to cover the second task just yet because getting 3 sets with 3 different variants of the champions seems like a bit much. It also hinders what they can do from GoF in the future, should they hopefully revisit these earlier movies. 

That said, $55 for the Graveyard is quite crazy! I except it to have some sort of battle feature for the priori incantatem. Hopefully we'll get a good little handful of death eaters

I think it would be cool to see a bunch of death eaters with a new mold for there pointy hood and maybe a "baby" voldamort  and it would be really cool to see harrys parents but I don't know what they will do with the build to make it different then the hidden side one 

28 minutes ago, Ultron said:

I imagine they didn't want to cover the second task just yet because getting 3 sets with 3 different variants of the champions seems like a bit much. It also hinders what they can do from GoF in the future, should they hopefully revisit these earlier movies. 

I think they’re skimming over all the movies so far. We didn’t see any of the forbidden corridor or the troll in the bathroom from Sorcerer’s Stone. Everyone’s commented on how we didn’t get the Chamber of Secrets or anything with Gilderoy Lockhart from the second movie (the polyjuice scene would be cool as well). It looks like we won’t be getting the Shrieking Shack or any other part of Hogsmeade from the Prisoner of Azkaban. And the second task, prefects bathroom, Drumstrang Ship and Beaubatons carriage seem to be missing from the Goblet of Fire line up. Definitely leaving some stuff to get back to. 

12 minutes ago, notarealperson said:

I think it would be cool to see a bunch of death eaters with a new mold for there pointy hood and maybe a "baby" voldamort  and it would be really cool to see harrys parents but I don't know what they will do with the build to make it different then the hidden side one 

I feel they'll skip the pointy hooded death eaters. They're very..specific looking to us American viewers. 

5 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I think they’re skimming over all the movies so far. We didn’t see any of the forbidden corridor or the troll in the bathroom from Sorcerer’s Stone. Everyone’s commented on how we didn’t get the Chamber of Secrets or anything with Gilderoy Lockhart from the second movie (the polyjuice scene would be cool as well). It looks like we won’t be getting the Shrieking Shack or any other part of Hogsmeade from the Prisoner of Azkaban. And the second task, prefects bathroom, Drumstrang Ship and Beaubatons carriage seem to be missing from the Goblet of Fire line up. Definitely leaving some stuff to get back to. 

Yeah, that's a good point. I would love several go arounds. I imagine having a flow like this also keeps it fresh, unlike with Star Wars where they just kind of regurgitate whatever sets they want from whatever movies at any time

6 minutes ago, Ultron said:

Yeah, that's a good point. I would love several go arounds. I imagine having a flow like this also keeps it fresh, unlike with Star Wars where they just kind of regurgitate whatever sets they want from whatever movies at any time

Exactly, skim over things the first go around (especially the first few movies) so you can get through as much as you can if the theme doesn’t last long. Then you can go back and fill in the gaps if it does well (it has been so far). If it’s lucky enough to become evergreen, then by the time they get to doing the Great Hall again the 2018 one will have been off the shelves long enough to warrant a new version. (As opposed to having half a dozen x-wings all from different movies)

I assume that since the second wave was just a filler in case the theme does well, the third wave will probably have many more sets to come, maybe summer/winter 2020, we’ll get around 10 sets, 1-2 from POA 2-3 from GOF, and 3-4 from OOTP and HBP. Maybe even more. Maybe there’s even the possibility of them introducing battle packs.

3 minutes ago, LDDproductions said:

I assume that since the second wave was just a filler in case the theme does well, the third wave will probably have many more sets to come, maybe summer/winter 2020, we’ll get around 10 sets, 1-2 from POA 2-3 from GOF, and 3-4 from OOTP and HBP. Maybe even more. Maybe there’s even the possibility of them introducing battle packs.

I want a Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff Quidditch battlepack so much :look:

(you gave us the tiles to put them on the scoreboard in the set Lego, now give us the actual players)

5 hours ago, Ultron said:

That said, $55 for the Graveyard is quite crazy!

4766-1: Graveyard Duel had 548 parts so that is not so far from a $55 price-tag :shrug_oh_well:

4 hours ago, LDDproductions said:

I agree that this years wave was mostly planned and made before they knew how well the first wave was selling and that we probably will see a increase in sets sets and waves next year (some FB also), but I do think they will stick to the original plan to make sets from two HP films per year. So probably no POA or GOF sets next year, the later films have also very few sets made in the past, so a lot to make there for the first time.. After the first 4 years, they will probably start over and make the sets they missed the first time in addition to some remakes :wink:

8 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Entirely possible and would indeed be cool, and yes, it was confirmed that the $55 set is the Graveyard, there is no mistake about that

Huh? A couple pages ago you clearly said i‘m absolutely wrong,and there def.won‘t be a Graveyard? What changed your mind? 

Just now, Diggydoes said:

Huh? A couple pages ago you clearly said i‘m absolutely wrong,and there def.won‘t be a Graveyard? What changed your mind? 

I’ve had it corroborated by an incredibly popular source, the price and set number, I apologise for calling you wrong, but at the time I too had been told it wasn’t happening by someone I now know to just be lying constantly

As to global pricing structure, Lego is definitely not alone. All markets are different, taxes are different, expenses Income, demand etc. etc. The goal being of course, to maximize profits.

I’m certain that we would all do the same thing if this were our business.

10 hours ago, topiku said:

I think it won‘t take long till we get pictures of them, I‘d say a week or so, seeing how many have leaked in the past few days

It's probably going to be a few months though, we'll most likely have the official reveal in may with the pictures leaking some time earlier.

4 hours ago, Buckeye J said:

As to global pricing structure, Lego is definitely not alone. All markets are different, taxes are different, expenses Income, demand etc. etc. The goal being of course, to maximize profits.

I’m certain that we would all do the same thing if this were our business.

I must say I understand that, but one has to wonder why we in Europe have to pay more in euro then Americans in USD , when euro is stronger currency atm AND sets for Europe are produced here

on topic: looking forward to new sets, I'm curious if they have already planned all main sets till the end, would be nice to know when we connect all Hogwarts parts together how much space will be needed to display it like that

1 hour ago, Duxx said:

I must say I understand that, but one has to wonder why we in Europe have to pay more in euro then Americans in USD , when euro is stronger currency atm AND sets for Europe are produced here

on topic: looking forward to new sets, I'm curious if they have already planned all main sets till the end, would be nice to know when we connect all Hogwarts parts together how much space will be needed to display it like that

I know right? Trust me, I love Lego, but I think they're a really ****** company when it comes to pricing. Especially regional differences like Europe and America

23 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I know right? Trust me, I love Lego, but I think they're a really ****** company when it comes to pricing. Especially regional differences like Europe and America

I always assumed that Americans are known for their conspicuous consumption, and therefore LEGO faces way more competition here from other toys, electronics, and other things that would occupy people's free cash.  I don't know how much truth there is to this, but that was always my take on it.  :wall:  Keep in mind different taxes, health care, housing, population size, etc.  There are so many factors that make the United States economy different from Europe, and I'm certainly not saying better...

Sincerely,
A discontented American AFOL who can't wait for June

Edited by RogueTwo
clarity

As has been discussed before, the euro pricing is more partially because Americans pay sales tax (usually around 6% depending on the state) on top of the prices shown. THat doesn't fully make up for the price difference but it does account for some of it.

I imagine there are a number of economic factors that contribute to it being more than a simple conversion.

Not trying to mini-mod here, but I think there are separate price discussion threads on EB :poke:

12 hours ago, LDDproductions said:

I assume that since the second wave was just a filler in case the theme does well [...]

Hm, the amount of new sets, minifigs, prints and moulds suggests otherwise :wink: If this wave really was supposed to be filler, they wouldn‘t have invested that much money (especially for the moulds) and the amount of sets would have been reduced as well. The 2011 wave could be considered as filler (no new moulds and only three sets, but quite a few new prints), but the 2019 is clearly more than that :sweet:

Yeah, on the topic of the second wave being filler. If all 7 are HP sets then it’s 1 more than last year. Of course one last year was a D2C, but still. Pretty substantial wave imo.

for the $15 set. I really wanna see just a classroom. The builds can be a workbench with glasses and a cauldron, and then there could be a book cabinet and a teachers desk maybe. And then the students can just be one from each house. Could have named characters, like Ginny, Crabbe etc. And then you could buy multiples to make other characters. It would be awesome to someday be able to populate hogwarts with tons of students.

and it you made the Griffindor Katie Bell, you could take her head and hair and boom make another quidditch player. 

5 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Yeah, on the topic of the second wave being filler. If all 7 are HP sets then it’s 1 more than last year. Of course one last year was a D2C, but still. Pretty substantial wave imo.

for the $15 set. I really wanna see just a classroom. The builds can be a workbench with glasses and a cauldron, and then there could be a book cabinet and a teachers desk maybe. And then the students can just be one from each house. Could have named characters, like Ginny, Crabbe etc. And then you could buy multiples to make other characters. It would be awesome to someday be able to populate hogwarts with tons of students.

and it you made the Griffindor Katie Bell, you could take her head and hair and boom make another quidditch player. 

This would actually be a phenomenal idea!  Hogwarts is a school after all, it could use some classrooms.  Make it generic and modular enough, and I guarantee AFOLs would buy several to customize the classes and the students.  This $10 set from 2001 could have been phenomenal had it used realistic colors:

Image result for lego harry potter hogwarts classroom

Now just imagine (I hope most of you get that reference) that set with three more students and a slightly higher price point.  Not to mention no Mirror of Erised, because almost everyone's heart's desire was pretty well covered in the Hogwarts Great Hall set.  :laugh:

Regarding the summer 2019 wave, I'm stoked.  I really want them all, without having even seen pictures of the full sets, but if I had to choose, I'd buy them in this order:

1. Hagrid's Hut
2. Expecto Patronum!
3. Hogwarts Clocktower
4. Triwizard Tournament
5. Knight Bus

Just because I'm a huge Prisoner of Azkaban fan, but it's hard for me to imagine the Knight Bus flying off the shelves like a Hungarian Horntail.  :tongue:

12 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I want a Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff Quidditch battlepack so much :look:

(you gave us the tiles to put them on the scoreboard in the set Lego, now give us the actual players

I guess it’s time for more MOC’s

2 hours ago, Duxx said:

I’m American, so I really can’t say, but my theory is that Lego is more popular there, so they think they can get away with selling Lego for more money there than here.

13 hours ago, LDDproductions said:

I hope not, I like the current format of 5-7 sets a year. Easy to collect all the sets since you don't have to shell out a fortune and keeps the theme fresh unlike cough Star Wars cough. I also wouldn't call it filler either as that as a negative connotation of being lazy and half way done, just being done for the sake of filling space. I think this wave could surpass the first with what we have seen so far... and last year's wave was phenomenal. 

20 minutes ago, RODDY said:

I hope not, I like the current format of 5-7 sets a year. Easy to collect all the sets since you don't have to shell out a fortune and keeps the theme fresh unlike cough Star Wars cough. I also wouldn't call it filler either as that as a negative connotation of being lazy and half way done, just being done for the sake of filling space. I think this wave could surpass the first with what we have seen so far... and last year's wave was phenomenal. 

Filler is not the word I intended to use. I just couldn’t remember the word word I wanted to use cuz I typed that late at night, :laugh:

I think I might give Fleur from the first task the female genie hair piece. She should have a longer pony tail than what we’re getting without the bangs in the front so the genie hair piece will work well I think. 

9 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I think I might give Fleur from the first task the female genie hair piece. She should have a longer pony tail than what we’re getting without the bangs in the front so the genie hair piece will work well I think. 

That’s a good idea! I’ll probably also switch her face out with the female resistance trooper from the troop transport

I haven’t chimed in about any leaked figures so far, but I really like all of them. The champions look amazing! The reused faces are slightly disappointing but I’m only kind of meh about Krum’s- I think Cedric and Fleur look fine. The face used for Fleur reminds me of her book personality, where she’s very haughty and looks down on others. Dumbledore’s Yule Ball robes look great and I’m excited for this new tall dress piece! The main trio look good in their normal clothes. Hermione is my favorite by far with the pink hoodie and printed Time-Turner. That hair is quite heavy on a figure with medium legs but I like that piece a lot. Disappointed that Fleur’s ball robes don’t have printing since the vertical lines from the torso should’ve been continued.