Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

11 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Do you wonder why Dumbledore's Yule Ball outfit is based on the concept art and not the final movie look?

It is the final look as well, it's just that the actual materials used were all quite shiny and reflective so that in the movie scene the costume ends up looking even lighter and paler. LEGO doesn't have colours quite that pale, so I'm glad they went with the colours they did for the robes rather than going for silver-ish. Only the hat colour is a bit wrong.

Just now, LDDproductions said:

Any of y’all who read the books hoping they give Cedric a Labrador retrievor?:moar:

You can hope but they won't do it

Just now, Guyon2002 said:
Just now, LDDproductions said:

Any of y’all who read the books hoping they give Cedric a Labrador retrievor?:moar:

You can hope but they won't do it

Just like we won’t get brick built versions of the welsh green, Swedish shortsnout and Chinese fireball :sad:

Just now, Accio Lego said:

Just like we won’t get brick built versions of the welsh green, Swedish shortsnout and Chinese fireball :sad:

I’m going to be suing Ninjago dragons as my version of those ?

I just looked at Ron, and his casual attire seems to just be a recolor of the Womping Willow set.

Any one else wondering what hair they will use for Ernie and Stanley stunpike  (I probably butchered that last name) wonder if they will just use the police cap in purple again

Just now, notarealperson said:

Any one else wondering what hair they will use for Ernie and Stanley stunpike  (I probably butchered that last name) wonder if they will just use the police cap in purple again

It’s Shunpike, so you didn’t butcher it at all, just got one letter wrong ?, and it wouldn’t surprise me if they gave him the cap or similar because he’s only in one part of the film and you don’t see his hair, and Ernie to be accurate would need a new hairpiece (but screw accuracy, ‘ey Lego) so they’ll possibly use the same hairpiece again, or possibly the hair used for Ollivander but in pure white

1 hour ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Ernie to be accurate would need a new hairpiece (but screw accuracy, ‘ey Lego) so they’ll possibly use the same hairpiece again, or possibly the hair used for Ollivander but in pure white

What about Alfred Pennyworth's hairpiece ?

Just now, Queen Whatevra WaNabi said:

What about Alfred Pennyworth's hairpiece ?

Not wild enough unfortunately, but I do get where you’re coming from

Just now, notarealperson said:

Actually I think the doc brown hair could work but a would have to watch the movie again

The Doc Brown hair is the same as Ollivanders

Last year we got that many minifigleaks the pictures where revealed about a week later, let‘s hope we‘ll get them soon! :)

1 minute ago, topiku said:

Last year we got that many minifigleaks the pictures where revealed about a week later, let‘s hope we‘ll get them soon! :)

Hopefully some sets will get revealed soon 

30 minutes ago, topiku said:

I’m sorry to say it, but minifigure leaks have no correlation with the release. People do not have the idea of stealing minifigures as soon as the pictures are revealed, all it says is that the sets are simply in production. I’d also like to remind you the only reason we got the pictures last year was because of some toy convention. Let’s not get out hopes up so we don’t get let down when nothing happens.

3 hours ago, LDDproductions said:

Now I’ve read goblet of fire, and my girlfriend has read all the books at least 3 times each. But neither of us understood this reference :laugh:

3 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

so they’ll possibly use the same hairpiece again, or possibly the hair used for Ollivander but in pure white

That would be a good choice, they could even use Filch's headpiece in white. I'm also exited to see what the Shrunken Head will look like :excited:

24 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Now I’ve read goblet of fire, and my girlfriend has read all the books at least 3 times each. But neither of us understood this reference :laugh:

Cedric turns a rock into a retriever to get the golden egg in the first task

Guys, it’s worth noting that the leaker has put the wrong legs on Harry and Ron, Harry’s legs are the dark tan medium legs and Ron’s legs are the dark grey medium legs, instead of how the leaker had them

3 hours ago, notarealperson said:

Tbh I think they might use the Doctor Who hairpiece for Ernie or the Alfred one. For Stan I think they will use a recolour of the new police cap (I believe it's from cmf series 9, but the mold might have slightly changed over the years as seen in set 60042)

24 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

Guys, it’s worth noting that the leaker has put the wrong legs on Harry and Ron, Harry’s legs are the dark tan medium legs and Ron’s legs are the dark grey medium legs, instead of how the leaker had them

So many new colours for medium legs, I'm so excited!

Anyway. Dumbledore looks pretty good, same with Fleur. 

But did Hermione really need ANOTHER new moulded wig? That's budget that could be going to Marvel, damnit. 

6 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

So many new colours for medium legs, I'm so excited!

Anyway. Dumbledore looks pretty good, same with Fleur. 

But did Hermione really need ANOTHER new moulded wig? That's budget that could be going to Marvel, damnit. 

Hermione’s hair is not a new mould, it’s the Wonder Woman mould, also for Ms. Marvel but now it comes in a lighter brown for Hermione

2 hours ago, Whovastron said:

In the books, Cedric transfigured an object (I believe it was a rock), into a Labrador Retirevor to distract the horntail to get his egg.

10 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

But we may get a Norwegian Ridgeback or Ukrainian Ironbelly down the road :wink:

6 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

That's budget that could be going to Marvel, damnit. 

Have you not heard that WW steal mould budgets from other themes, so you will have no luck begging there :tongue:

5 hours ago, LDDproductions said:

In the books, Cedric transfigured an object (I believe it was a rock), into a Labrador Retirevor to distract the horntail to get his egg.

Swedish Short-Snout :wink:

The reused faces for Hermione (Carina) and Yule Ball Dumbledore (PS/CoS) further prove that they cannot reuse CMF prints. At least they made good choices for both minifigs :thumbup:

Oh, and now there is no shadow of a doubt that @TheRandomBlocker was right about every single thing he said, there’s just no way he got everything right on accident :grin: