Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Fleur‘s Dress 100% does not have any printing, I just compared it to another dress piece I have and it‘s definitely put on the right way. :(

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

Omg I love these so much.

From what I can tell, Ron looks definitely the weakest, not bad but he just doesn't have anything special, torso also looks a bit different than the one on the movie, but that's hard to see so I'm not sure.

The new Harry looks really good, I like the torso and the head works better on this figure.

Fleur (imagining the other body) looks alright, but the dress definitely needs printing. At least the torso makes up for it.

Hermione looks absolutely amazing, I'm not even mad about the head reuse because it fits so well. Hair is also perfect. The torso is the best part, although I'm not a huge fan  of the printed time turner, oh well could still kinda work as a necklace.

I'm happy they switched dumbledore and Fleur around so we get a better look at the amazing new torso they gave him. I would almost go as far and say that this might be my favourite Dumbledore yet. I think the new hat colour could even work for philosopher's stone Dumbledore. I wonder if his face print is new or the one from last year's sets, not sure.

I think it's now absolutely save to say TheRandomBlocker was 100% right, if anyone still had any doubts.

Overal I love these figures, way better than what I saw from the first task set.

thanks for bringing up Dumbledore's face. I thoght it was the same one from the great hall as well.

Just now, Scarlet_Patronus said:

Does anybody think it’s odd that this is the second HP wave, following a CMF series and we still haven’t seen Ginny anywhere ... ? 

I think it’s odd. Although she’s only really a big character in Chamber of Secrets, Order of the Phoenix, Half Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows 1 and 2 in the movies. It’s odd that they skipped over the chamber of secrets but hopefully we will see her in an Order Of the Phoenix set next year. I’d love to see Fred and George soon too

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

3 minutes ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

Does anybody think it’s odd that this is the second HP wave, following a CMF series and we still haven’t seen Ginny anywhere ... ? 

This is very true. I was thinking (note: with no basis at all) that if she's not in the Advent calendar using all re-used pieces then she'd be in the unconfirmed CMF Series 2. People seem sure (again speculation) that that'll have Gilderoy, so at least there'd be a bit of a Chamber of Secrets vibe going on.

Okay, I'm loving these new figures. The Harry is everything I'd hoped for and more. I hadn't even thought of them using last year's hairpiece with the new face, but it looks fantastic, and the torso is perfect, not to mention the super-useful grey mid-legs.

Ron is admittedly a bit underwhelming, though I mainly think that because we can't see the finer details of his design yet, so all I can see is the hairpiece, which isn't great for PoA, but l get why they chose to keep the Solo hairpiece exclusive to the CMF, as it makes that variant more exclusive and, y'know, collectable. Oh, and the tan mid-legs are great.

Hermione has to be one of my favorites from this lineup so far, she looks incredible. The hairpiece is perfect for the finale of PoA, as is the torso, and I love the application of the Time Turner (though I hope that at some point we get it printed on a 1x1 tile as well). The face is a reprint, but I don't care, it looks so cute! Not perfect for Emma Watson, but no design ever has been, and this face still works better than, say, the CMF version. Not to mention that the face is super uncommon, so most won't have it anyway.

Dumbledore looks so great. I wasn't expecting to see the double-molded cap/hair combo outside of the CMF, so this is quite a nice surprise. The torso and dress are both exquisite, and my only (minor) complaint is that they're using a Richard Harris face for a Michael Gambon variant, but that doesn't really matter. 

I love the new torso designs we're getting for the champions, both for the first task and the Yule Ball. I really like the face they used for Cedric (I honestly think it fits better than the print from the CMF), but Fleur and Krum are a different story. They aren't atrocious (I mean, this isn't LEGO Marvel), but they aren't that good either. The costumes overweight these issues for me though. 

Overall, these figures give me such hope for the new sets, all of which I plan to pick up on day one. My only fear of the minifigs we haven't seen yet is that Madam Maxime, only because I fear her arms will look way too short. Still though, I have continuously high hopes for this line.

3 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I think it’s odd. Although she’s only really a big character in Chamber of Secrets, Order of the Phoenix, Half Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows 1 and 2 in the movies. It’s odd that they skipped over the chamber of secrets but hopefully we will see her in an Order Of the Phoenix set next year. I’d love to see Fred and George soon too

I agree that she doesn’t really fit with any of the sets that have been released so far (considering no Chamber of Secrets and no “generic” Hogwarts Castle as such, but you’d think LEGO would incorporate her into CMF. (Having said that, I’m glad they didn’t because we got more unusual characters). Just thought it was odd and wondered what everyone else thought :shrug_oh_well:

Just now, GalacticHippo said:

This is very true. I was thinking (note: with no basis at all) that if she's not in the Advent calendar using all re-used pieces then she'd be in the unconfirmed CMF Series 2. People seem sure (again speculation) that that'll have Gilderoy, so at least there'd be a bit of a Chamber of Secrets vibe going on.

You’re right about Lockhart too. But I do have a feeling that this time around, LEGO will do justice to creating all the figures and DADA professors from each year are pretty important! 

11 minutes ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

I could see her being in the Advent Calendar as an exclusive, or maybe in the unknown $15 August set (which I predict will be of the World Cup riot, which would be a good place to fit her in.) It is odd, I will admit.

20 minutes ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

She'll probably be in either The Burrow remake or Diagon Alley. I think we will see at least one of those sets next year. 

12 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

I could see her being in the Advent Calendar as an exclusive, or maybe in the unknown $15 August set (which I predict will be of the World Cup riot, which would be a good place to fit her in.) It is odd, I will admit.

I would love to see that set! I did a MOC on LDD once of some little brick built tents in the Bulgaria and Ireland colours 

2 hours ago, Jawaguy4 said:

Someone pointed out Hermione's new face is just a reuse of Carina Smyth from Pirates of the Caribbean.

I just had a look at my the head of my Carina figure and I can confirm Hermione reuses that head

1 hour ago, kirkwoodproductions said:

Ernie Prang's torso is out

That leaked yesterday so its old news

1 hour ago, GalacticHippo said:

People seem sure (again speculation) that that'll have Gilderoy, so at least there'd be a bit of a Chamber of Secrets vibe going on.

I never heard that Rumor/speculation? Would be cool but idk about it.

1 hour ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

I was pretty shocked she wasn’t in the cmf. Especially since she was the only member of the ‘sacred seven’ to be left out. I guess maybe they couldn’t think of an appropriate variation of her? Yeah, seems weird. But at least we got Cedric, Dean and Cho, so no real complaints.

That said, Ginny was only in a limited number of sets the first time around. The most notable was a yellow skinned version back in the Chamber of Secrets, which we all know Lego has skipped for now. The 2010 sets had an updated version of her in both the Hogwarts Express and Burrow sets (uniform and casual clothes). Lego also hasn’t remade the Burrow yet and the train last year was based off the 3rd movie as opposed to the 2nd/6th movie train from 2010. 

So it’s not really surprising she’s not in any of the sets yet. She’s not really in Sorcerer’s Stone and while she’s important to Chamber of Secrets, she doesn’t take part in the action sequences until the big climax, which Lego has decided to shelve for now. Again she’s not very prominent in Prisoner of Azkaban, and while she gets more screen time in Goblet of Fire it’s usually as a less prominent member of group settings. 

Ginny doesn’t really come into her own as a character until Order of the Phoenix, which, unfortunately, is when Lego really cut down on doing sets the first time around. It’s the same reason we only ever got 2 versions of Neville and 1 of Luna with the old sets. 

I’m pretty excited to see what we get next year actually, because proper OotP/HBP wave is the first chance for loads of characters to get a chance at the spotlight. 

Dumbledore looks disturbing in that pic *huh*

Im not sold on that hairpiece for Hermione. I think it's just too much hair. 

So, this means the CMF is not from PoA, because the hair is not the same

4 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

No, Harry, Ron, and Hermione in the CMF are definitely from POA but none of them have the same hair as these versions. I guess Lego just wanted to come up with new designs for this year 

2 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Yeah, tbh I think her hairpiece in the CMF was pretty great.

years 1&2: 2018 hairpiece

years 3-5: CMF hairpiece

years 6&7: dimensions pack hairpiece

and just for fun Harry’s:

yesrs 1-3: 2018 hairpiece

year 4: lloyd’s Hairpiece

year 5: Mutt Williams hairpiece

year 6&7: not sure, something slightly longer than mutts, but not as messy as the 2018 piece

and Ron:

year 1&2: 2018 hairpiece

year 3: Han Solo hairpiece

year 4: Quira’s hairpiece

year 5-7: either the 2018 piece again, or the 2010 hairpiece

12 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Yeah, tbh I think her hairpiece in the CMF was pretty great.

years 1&2: 2018 hairpiece

years 3-5: CMF hairpiece

years 6&7: dimensions pack hairpiece

For just jear 2, I'd go with her original hair from 2001. 

17 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Right I’m not sure about set numbers (although there’s been conflicting things. But here we gooooo

Thank you my friend, really appreciate you taking the time to give me such an extensive list :)

59 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

and Ron:

year 1&2: 2018 hairpiece

year 3: Han Solo hairpiece

year 4: Quira’s hairpiece

year 5-7: either the 2018 piece again, or the 2010 hairpiece

Please don’t give me the disturbing image of Ron with Qui’ra’s Landspeeder hair. It doesn’t look good on Ron. I think either the Rex hair, or the 2010/11 hair they used for him would be better.

hopefully the dragon looks good. I'd love a molded head akin to newts suitcase, but I don't want a full molded thing. I'd also rather they get the dragon right and not care as much about the other small builds or play features they feel is needed. It would also be cool to get the egg piece in gold or even a new mold for it

7 hours ago, Sir Godric said:

I love all the new leaked figures.

But most the dumbledore figure.

Sorry for that question,but i am not a Lego collector for a long time.

Where can i get single hairpieces?

I think your best bet would be Bricklink.

Regards,
Mitch

5 minutes ago, Noxus12 said:

hopefully the dragon looks good. I'd love a molded head akin to newts suitcase, but I don't want a full molded thing. I'd also rather they get the dragon right and not care as much about the other small builds or play features they feel is needed. It would also be cool to get the egg piece in gold or even a new mold for it

It has already been confirmed to be brickbuilt, so I'd expect something very similair to Lloyd's Golden Dragon from the Ninjago Legacy wave (but probably a little bit bigger)

1 hour ago, LDDproductions said:

Please don’t give me the disturbing image of Ron with Qui’ra’s Landspeeder hair. It doesn’t look good on Ron. I think either the Rex hair, or the 2010/11 hair they used for him would be better.

Won’t be better for his goblet look. He just has long straight hair with curls at the end

1 hour ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Thank you my friend, really appreciate you taking the time to give me such an extensive list :)

No worries mate, happy to help