Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

2 hours ago, Azani said:

75958 Confidential - ~$54.99 US

75964 Confidential - $39.99 US

75965 Confidential - $14.99 US

Thanks for the pricing update :thumbup:

Interesting... The Knight Bus is probably 75964, can't imagine it being larger than the previous versions. The rumored Graveyard Duel set could be either of the others and no idea what the final one might be :shrug_oh_well:

9 hours ago, The Dangerous HC said:

Also if you look at this wave you can see what the budget went on, new Stag, new Hippogriff, probably a new head for Horntail, it has been spent very wisely, I’d rather get new creatures than new face prints, especially when heads can be easily replaced

Well, there goes my hopes of a potential shreiking shack set if graveyard duel is coming out. It would be impossible for a shrieking shack or graveyard duel to be $15.

Just now, HalfBloodPrince said:

Well, there goes my hopes of a potential shreiking shack set if graveyard duel is coming out. It would be impossible for a shrieking shack or graveyard duel to be $15.

Wouldn’t be impossible for the graveyard duel. The build can just be the statue that Harry gets held by, and then a cauldron. And then the figures be Harry, Voldemort and either wormtail or Malfoy

Just now, Whovastron said:

Wouldn’t be impossible for the graveyard duel. The build can just be the statue that Harry gets held by, and then a cauldron. And then the figures be Harry, Voldemort and either wormtail or Malfoy

Exactly :wink: The whole scenery with the small shack and the carriage was a tad unnecessary in the original set as well. A 15$ set would suffice I'd say and could even include Wormtail *and* Malfoy if we're lucky :classic:

A Shriecking Shack for 55$ wouldn't be unreasonable, but it might just as well be a GoF set or even an OotP "preview" set (assuming we got the other two sets right), hard to tell at this point. I hope parts from the mysterious August sets will start leaking soon as well, otherwise we might be in the dark for quite a while, no Toy Fairs or events in a similar vein in sight :grin:

Just now, Whovastron said:

Technically, the rumor only states a graveyard set, most of us have just been adding the ‘duel’ part because it’s automatic to think of it as a remake of the Graveyard Duel set from the old wave. But technically, it doesn’t have to illustrate the fight part. If it does exist, it could be the Riddle gravestone and cauldron as the build, with Harry , Wormtail and baby Voldemort as the figures, with Nagini possibly thrown in. Definitely within the $15 range. 

I highly doubt they would include two versions of Wormtail in the same wave, seems highly unlikely

I’m hoping by the time the first wave is released, we’ll start getting detailed information for the second wave

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I highly doubt they would include two versions of Wormtail in the same wave, seems highly unlikely

Why not? There's two versions of Fleur, Cedric and Krum in this wave and they're even from the same movie, Wormtail's two versions in that scenario would at least be from different movies :tongue:

Just now, Accio Lego said:

Technically, the rumor only states a graveyard set, most of us have just been adding the ‘duel’ part because it’s automatic to think of it as a remake of the Graveyard Duel set from the old wave. But technically, it doesn’t have to illustrate the fight part. If it does exist, it could be the Riddle gravestone and cauldron as the build, with Harry , Wormtail and baby Voldemort as the figures, with Nagini possibly thrown in. Definitely within the $15 range. 

When I first think about it, my mind says that scene should be a bigger set because it's an important scene in the film and lots of characters were present during it, however Lego could make it into a small $15 set, considering they made a small cheap set back in 2011 I think, of when Harry meets Voldermort in the forbidden forest which was an important scene, and that small set came with 4 minifigs and a snake, plus a small tree build.

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Why not? There's two versions of Fleur, Cedric and Krum in this wave and they're even from the same movie, Wormtail's two versions in that scenario would at least be from different movies :tongue:

True, but Wormtail is on a different level of character than they are. Idk it just seems different. Two different versions from two different movies in the only two sets being released at that time just seems unlikely to me

I'm saying it and I'm not taking it back: if (and that's a big "if") the two currently unknown sets are indeed the Graveyard Duel and the Shrieking Shack, I officially declare this my favorite wave of sets of all time :thumbup: 

True, but Wormtail is on a different level of character than they are. Idk it just seems different. Two different versions from two different movies in the only two sets being released at that time just seems unlikely to me

I'd argue Wormtail is much more important to the overall plot than either of the Champions :wink: Without him, James & Lilly wouldn't have been betrayed and Voldemort couldn't have regained his strength... Thinking about it, that guy is indirectly responsible for every single major character death in the series *oh2*

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I'm saying it and I'm not taking it back: if (and that's a big "if") the two currently unknown sets are indeed the Graveyard Duel and the Shrieking Shack, I officially declare this my favorite wave of sets of all time :thumbup: 

I'd argue Wormtail is much more important to the overall plot than either of the Champions :wink: Without him, James & Lilly wouldn't have been betrayed and Voldemort couldn't have regained his strength... Thinking about it, that guy is indirectly responsible for every single major character death in the series *oh2*

Even more messed up when you think about him being Ron's pet rat that hes had in his room and takes everywhere with him for years lol.

16 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

That’s what I’m saying. He’s too main of a character to just throw around in sets, they’ll want to keep him exclusive for a while

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

So that means the sets that are most likely for the August wave are:

Task 2 

Graveyard Duel

Shrieking Shack

OOTP Set

We are only getting 2 sets for the August wave!

Just now, topiku said:

I think they meant that it’ll likely be 2 out of those four options

So that means the sets that are most likely for the August wave are:

Task 2 

Graveyard Duel

Shrieking Shack

OOTP Set

One of the three "confidential" sets is the Knight Bus, one is rumored to be the Graveyard Duel and the third one is unknown...

That’s what I’m saying. He’s too main of a character to just throw around in sets, they’ll want one keep him exclusive for a while

Oh, I misinterpreted your "different level" then, I thought you meant on a lower level :grin:

Just now, topiku said:

@Azani has upped it to three, if the set numbers are anything to go by, or maybe the Knight Bus is still a June release despite being grouped with the August releases

Edited by Lego-Freak

I thought he said 5 June sets, 2 August sets, and 1 September set (advent calendar)

My bad, I lumped the Knight Bus in with the August releases since it's among the three "confidential" sets :blush:

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

Awesome! I’m surprised that everything cheaper than previous lists have said. I have a feeling Sirius won’t be in the £13 set, 3 figures plus moulded creature seems a bit much. 

I hope the uk get them all on the same release day as America this time round. We just got one big wave in August last year due to one of the American stores having a 2 month exclusivity deal.

i hope the other £13 Set end up being a students pack, like a generic classroom, maybe with a recognisable teacher, but then generic students from each house.

Perhaps the knight bus is in fact the $40 Set rather than the $55, would make sense it be cheaper if there’s no side build.

Seen as how Sirius and the Stag are the main sellingpoints of the scene there's no way Sirius isn't included

43 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

I'd say Harry, Wormtail, Malfoy and then a reprint of the CMF wrapped baby (series 15 I believe?) for Voldemort. As there would be no big new mould required for this set

30 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m hoping by the time the first wave is released, we’ll start getting detailed information for the second wave

What other set would he be in besides the possible graveyard set?

27 minutes ago, Lego Lad said:

When I first think about it, my mind says that scene should be a bigger set because it's an important scene in the film and lots of characters were present during it, however Lego could make it into a small $15 set, considering they made a small cheap set back in 2011 I think, of when Harry meets Voldermort in the forbidden forest which was an important scene, and that small set came with 4 minifigs and a snake, plus a small tree build.

There really isn't that much important scenery in that scene though. The most prominent parts are Tom Riddle Sr's grave, the cauldron and the characters themselves

21 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Based on what information if I may ask?

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

What other set would he be in besides the possible graveyard set?

People were discussing the two sets being the Graveyard Duel and the Shrieking Shack

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Based on what information if I may ask?

None, that's why I said it's a big "if" :wink: I was just wondering what a potential set for PoA or GoF could be at a price point of 55$ (assuming it's neither the Knight Bus nor the Graveyard) and a Shrieking Shack could theoretically fit. I didn't want to insinuate anything, my apoplogies if it came across that way :classic:

Just now, Lego Lad said:

Even more messed up when you think about him being Ron's pet rat that hes had in his room and takes everywhere with him for years lol.

Tbh I try not to think about how Wormtail had unfettered access to a preteen boys’ dormitory for seven years. Too many implications :wacko:

on the topic of sets though, how different would the 2 versions of Wormtail even be in the speculated Shrieking Shack/Graveyard? Same face, same hair, costumes similar enough. What? One has a silver hand and the other doesn’t? Not too big a deal budget wise (but possibly enough to get the adult collectors interested). Definitely nothing like investing in both Yule Ball and first task outfits for all the triwizard champions. 

That’s what I’m saying. He’s too main of a character to just throw around in sets, they’ll want to keep him exclusive for a while

What? You mean like how Harry or Ron is exclusive? The Shrieking Shack will have Lupin and possibly his Werewolf form, the Graveyard will include either the first death eaters or babymort. Essentially, enough exclusives to make them desirable without Wormtail - who isn’t a fan favorite and really doesn’t have any other sets to appear in unless Lego makes malfoy manor and goes way overboard with the minifigure line up. 

All that said, we have no confirmation on what EITHER of the August sets are. Let’s not forget how long people were convinced the second retailer exclusive from last year was going to be the Knight Bus. 

Exactly, as of now, it's a mixture of a weak rumor and speculation for the August releases, nothing more. Sometimes I get a bit carried away with excitement, so let's focus the discussion on the confirmed stuff :wink:

I just want to see a leaked image of the Goblet of Fire Harry with his first task robes on lol.

Just now, Lego Lad said:

I just want to see a leaked image of the Goblet of Fire Harry with his first task robes on lol.

Since we have a description of that exact figure, I hope a picture isn’t too far behind