Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

lol @The Dangerous HC, wolf vs werewolf. I am sure these aren't the same.

Also i think you missed the point. OF COURSE they will advertise some things to sell a book, Lego encourages this, but other images will be guarded more.

Haven't you seen more similarities in the Lego books and the sets recently?

@Guyon2002 is 100% correct with his statement about budgets for Lego. Keep up the good work.

Just now, Whovastron said:

Why do people keep posting the leaks, it’s not allowed

I was like *oh2* HP fans are crazier than Marvel SH. 

Probably he is new? I don't think he knew about the rules. 

9 hours ago, Lego Lad said:

Hermione will probably have a happy smiling face on one side and then an upset face on the other aha. I am curious what hair piece they will use for Ron, a longer hair piece or the same Han Solo one from the CMF series?

The Qi'ra hairpiece would work well for Ron at the Yule Ball, I'd definetely recommend watching Just2Good's Harry Potter CMF Series 2 draft!

1 hour ago, Taure said:

Here they are, for people like me who get annoyed that people post these on Instagram rather than on proper websites:

Looks like the middle one is Lupin as a werewolf. No idea what's going on with the tail.

That has been confirmed to be from Ninjago. There isn't anything in Harry Potter that looks like that anyway, the closest we get to a wolf is werewolf Lupin

17 minutes ago, 0khrana said:

Sorry I don't understand why there are two dates, could you please clarify?

Two different releasewaves

Edited by Guyon2002

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

I was like *oh2* HP fans are crazier than Marvel SH. 

Probably he is new? I don't think he knew about the rules. 

Two different people have done it now though, bizarre :laugh_hard:

Just now, Acura said:

wolf vs werewolf. I am sure these aren't the same.

What the hell are you on about? I never said they were the same ??‍♂️

Just now, Acura said:

Haven't you seen more similarities in the Lego books and the sets recently?

No, not at all, the Lego books have always been the same, artist are given free liberty with their designs

21 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Why do people keep posting the leaks, it’s not allowed

'If you find an image of a new LEGO set and it is incredibly blurry or stamped "Confidential", it is a leak-please don't post it here'

What have I done wrong? 

Edited by Jawaguy4

Just now, Jawaguy4 said:

'If you find an image of a new LEGO set and it is incredibly blurry or stamped "Confidential", it is a leak-please don't post it here'

What have I done wrong? 

I know it says that there, but any sort of leak just isn’t allowed. Hardly any leaks have ‘confidential’ on them now. But you’re not allowed to post them because lego could come and take them down themselves I believe and the site could get into trouble

Edited by Whovastron

Just now, Whovastron said:

I know it says that there, but any sort of leak just isn’t allowed

That contradicts what has been discussed on most this thread.

Just now, Jawaguy4 said:

That contradicts what has been discussed on most this thread.

Not really, discussing them is allowed, but images are not

the ‘leaked’ heads for the champions weren’t leaks as someone just took pictures of old heads as that’s whats coming

Edited by Whovastron

15 minutes ago, The Dangerous HC said:

What the hell are you on about? I never said they were the same ??‍♂️

No, not at all, the Lego books have always been the same, artist are given free liberty with their designs

Are you seriously saying that any book has free liberty with Lego products that are designed around Harry Potter? Free reign on a licensed product?

Able to draw anything they want without the Lego company seeing or approving it? Does anyone else see holes in this?

I was showing a bit of sarcasm before, but it probably wasn't appropriate anyway so i am glad you didn't pick up on it and i apologize.

were·wolf

Dictionary result for werewolf

/ˈwerˌwo͝olf/
noun

1. (in myth or fiction) a person who changes for periods of time into a wolf, typically when there is a full moon.

So of course Lego would be crazy to use a wolf figure for a werewolf, or would they? Especially as they don't want to use just a mask anymore. And they dont want an unhealthy looking wolf or dog to represent Lupin. 
    Also Lupin, literally means wolf in French.

and as i said before
    Again, take my words as only those and nothing more. Don't show too much negative feedback to others as this discussion if for people to share. Doubt, but don't attack.

Just now, Acura said:

Are you seriously saying that any book has free liberty with Lego products that are designed around Harry Potter? Free reign on a licensed product?

Able to draw anything they want without the Lego company seeing or approving it? Does anyone else see holes in this?

I was showing a bit of sarcasm before, but it probably wasn't appropriate anyway so i am glad you didn't pick up on it and i apologize.

were·wolf

/ˈwerˌwo͝olf/
noun

1. (in myth or fiction) a person who changes for periods of time into a wolf, typically when there is a full moon.

So of course Lego would be crazy to use a wolf figure for a werewolf, or would they? Especially as they don't want to use just a mask anymore. And they dont want an unhealthy looking wolf or dog to represent Lupin. 

and as i said before
    Again, take my words as only those and nothing more. Don't show too much negative feedback to others as this discussion if for people to share. Doubt, but don't attack.

The werewolf in Harry Potter looks nothing like a traditional wolf, and most certainly not like the leaked one

and yes, they do get free reign to draw things in Lego’s style. Lego obviously have to approve it, but not because it might feature leaks, the artists most likely don’t get to look at upcoming sets.

also before when you said the graveyard set hadn’t been approved by Lego, do you have any inside info? Or are you just guessing? Because you sounds like you’re staying it as a fact

Didn't expect these to leak that soon. The Patronus looks absolutely amazing, beautiful new piece. It appears the horns are a different material. Buckbeak looks fine, but a little bit boring. I'm missing the feathers on the neck the original one had and the unmoveable back legs should be a thing of the past. But I'll wait with my final judgement until I've seen him with the wings. 1 thing is certain for me, he won't beat last year's thestral.

I was surprised to wake up this morning and see Buckbeak and the Patronus. A surprise to sure, but a welcome one. I quite like both of them, and I hope the deer mold will be used in the future. I haven’t talked about it yet, but the reuse of previous face prints for Cedric, and Krum really don’t bother me. I’m kinda glad Krum is using Flynn’s head from the Tron Ideas set (that is that face print right?) Not because of accuracy, but because I wanted that face print. The reuse of Ellie Saddler’s face for Fleur doesn’t work. I am going to have to find a replacement for that one. I really wish official images would drop already. I didn’t receive any LEGO for my birthday because I am holding out for the new HP sets, as well as, the Tantive IV.

5 minutes ago, Acura said:

were·wolf

/ˈwerˌwo͝olf/
noun

and as i said before

If you think that a werewolf and a wolf are the same thing then I’m afraid you’re a lost cause, and no, they wouldn’t use that piece because as stated above, LUPIN DOESNT LOOK LIKE A WOLF IN HIS WEREWOLF FORM,

look at any form of media that featured werewolves and you will notice that only 1 features werewolves that actually look like wolves and that is Twilight, therefore you are sooo wrong it’s actually painful

and yes, the designers of books aren’t shown sets that are set to release so they design things that they like and then Lego approves the designs, if you use the books as a source of leaks then you’re looking in the wrong place

Just now, The Dangerous HC said:

If you think that a werewolf and a wolf are the same thing then I’m afraid you’re a lost cause, and no, they wouldn’t use that piece because as stated above, LUPIN DOESNT LOOK LIKE A WOLF IN HIS WEREWOLF FORM,

look at any form of media that featured werewolves and you will notice that only 1 features werewolves that actually look like wolves and that is Twilight, therefore you are sooo wrong it’s actually painful

and yes, the designers of books aren’t shown sets that are set to release so they design things that they like and then Lego approves the designs, if you use the books as a source of leaks then you’re looking in the wrong place

My poor son. You are reading into it too much. The definition is that one stated.That is all. Don't attack the messenger for showing a dictionary definition.

They probably will not use a gaunt wolf as in the movies as it might not be quite appropriate for kids. (of course just my opinion, dont attack that too please.)

Just to be clear. You stated what I said about the books right. --> Lego approves the designs <--

Did i say the books were a source for leaks? (Don't read into things too much. Attacking others is not what this forum was for)

Also i do believe that Lego does indeed give some insight into possible figures and colors used in future sets (to a degree and then they are told not to display these pages when pre-selling a book). This will help some things blend more and seem more uniform between platforms.

Please don't be a wet blanket for others.

1 minute ago, Acura said:

My poor son. You are reading into it too much. The definition is that one stated.That is all. Don't attack the messenger for showing a dictionary definition.

They probably will not use a gaunt wolf as in the movies as it might not be quite appropriate for kids. (of course just my opinion, dont attack that too please.)

Just to be clear. You stated what I said about the books right. --> Lego approves the designs <--

Did i say the books were a source for leaks? (Don't read into things too much. Attacking others is not what this forum was for)

Also i do believe that Lego does indeed give some insight into possible figures and colors used in future sets (to a degree and then they are told not to display these pages when pre-selling a book). This will help some things blend more and seem more uniform between platforms.

Please don't be a wet blanket for others.

You’re being really patronising to @The Dangerous HC. There’s no call for it

Edited by Whovastron

@Whovastron True. It is just chance for some things between the book and the Lego sets to be the same. I dont mean to be rude. Just dont like the negativity and people going after others.

I apologize for the second time today. But I do believe that Lego isnt always accurate with their likeness between movies and Lego Sets. (Just an opinion)

4 minutes ago, Acura said:

@Whovastron True. It is just chance for some things between the book and the Lego sets to be the same. I dont mean to be rude. Just dont like the negativity and people going after others.

I apologize for the second time today. But I do believe that Lego isnt always accurate with their likeness between movies and Lego Sets. (Just an opinion)

As @Whovastron said, you are the most patronising person I’ve ever spoken to, a werewolf and a wolf are not the same thing, I never said they’d do a big werewolf, if you refer back to previous comments I actually said it’s more likely to be a minifigure, and apologising for being rude doesn’t change the fact that you were incredibly rude, they may not be accurate with likeness, but they wouldn’t make Lupin into a basic megablocks wolf, he stands on hind legs majority of the time, and his forelegs/arms are a LOT longer than his hind legs, thus he literally could not be a normal wolf mould, I know I’m going to get a sarcastic reply back because that seems to be your speciality, so I’m just going to end this here, Lupin is a werewolf, not a wolf, that mould is a wolf, not a werewolf

Why keep saying the same thing? We are both right in our own way. Dont read too much into it.

Oh wow even with the leaks I couldn't believe we were finally getting a stag patronus! And in the smallest set too :wub_drool: 

The sidebuild of that set could literally be the ugliest assembly of bricks that lego has ever put in a set and I would still buy it the day it comes out! Especially since it comes with Sirius and a Dementor, both figures I've really wanted since the Hogwarts Express set last year! 

Honestly if Lego keeps this awesome theme going during the years between the Fantastic Beasts film I'm going to start running out of space to display my sets :grin:

Just wanted to apologize if i did offend anyone or go off topic here. I just want everyone to enjoy HP and Lego as much as I do.

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Don’t show the stag to my fellow Star Wars fans (even though the overlapping part of the Venn diagram between the two fandoms is probably quite large around here), or else we’ll never see the end of the Force Ghost discussions :laugh_hard:

The long limbed, scrawny boned werewolf that Lupin changes into in the movies is actually pretty scary, especially when you are a kid so I can't see Lego replicating that in a mould. And whilst I could understand Lego using the standard wolf head for transformed werewolf Lupin, I would not be at all surprised if they did in fact use this leaked wolf mould in a dark grey for Lupin. As @Acurasaid, the basic definition for a werewolf is someone who transforms into a wolf and also I'm sure it is commented in the books that Sirius and James needed their animagus' size to keep Lupin under control. Therefore, in terms of size, a minifigure with a wolf head really doesn't work for transformed Lupin. With this wolf mould, kids could make Lupin have a good old fight with the stag (yes I know it's a patronus stag, but imagination...) and any potential animagus Sirus dog mould. But I can see potential for both avenues ...

Edited by BacktoBricks

9 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Oh wow even with the leaks I couldn't believe we were finally getting a stag patronus! And in the smallest set too :wub_drool: 

The sidebuild of that set could literally be the ugliest assembly of bricks that lego has ever put in a set and I would still buy it the day it comes out! Especially since it comes with Sirius and a Dementor, both figures I've really wanted since the Hogwarts Express set last year! 

Honestly if Lego keeps this awesome theme going during the years between the Fantastic Beasts film I'm going to start running out of space to display my sets :grin:

I'd honestly just expect the build to be a small tree

8 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

The long limbed, scrawny boned werewolf that Lupin changes into in the movies is actually pretty scary, especially when you are a kid so I can't see Lego replicating that in a mould. And whilst I could understand Lego using the standard wolf head for transformed werewolf Lupin, I would not be at all surprised if they did in fact use this leaked wolf mould in a dark grey for Lupin. As @Acurasaid, the basic definition for a werewolf is someone who transforms into a wolf and also I'm sure it is commented in the books that Sirius and James needed their animagus' size to keep Lupin under control. Therefore, in terms of size, a minifigure with a wolf head really doesn't work for transformed Lupin. With this wolf mould, kids could make Lupin have a good old fight with the stag (yes I know it's a patronus stag, but imagination...) and any potential animagus Sirus dog mould. But I can see potential for both avenues ...

While it may not look like lego cares about accuracy they will never reuse a mold for a character if the mold doesn't look anything like that character. The most plausible option is still either no werewolf Lupin or a normal minifigure (which wouldn't even be that bad). 

And what does it matter what the definition of a werewolf is? If a werewolf in the HP universe looks like that lego will design a werewolf to look like that!