Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Just now, Griggbyn said:

what if they decide to use a fabric dress piece for the legs, like cho and luna in the cmf, for Hermione on her yule ball outfit?

I had that in mind, like if for some reason Lego do not use the new dress pieces for Hermione and Fleur but use the mid legs and the normal legs, they might use small printed fabric dresses instead, but I still think the actual dress pieces would look better.

I think Fleur's hair works well for the First Task, I would have preferred it to be Brick Yellow, but good. I hope that at least they use another hair for the Yule ball version and they use the one from Padme Amidala from episode 2. It fits really well.

The face of Krum and Fleur ... no comments. I hope that with the money you have saved, make the Firebolt for the first Task Set. :sceptic:

Edited by ETELENZOS92

Just now, ETELENZOS92 said:

I think Fleur's hair works well for the First Task, I would have preferred it to be Brick Yellow, but good. I hope that at least they use another hair for the Yule ball version and they use the one from Padme Amidala from episode 2. It fits really well.

The face of Krum and Fleur ... no comments. I hope that with the money you have saved, make the Firebolt for the first Task Set. :sceptic:

Would be amazing if Lego makes a new decent looking brick built or moulded Firebolt broom, they have used the same basic broom piece for years, I'm also guessing they will use the egg piece in gold (with or without print for extra detail) for the egg in the first task.

Just now, ETELENZOS92 said:

The current color is already way too bright, the normal Brick Yellow would be even more off. I personally think Draco's haircolor would be the best option

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

The current color is already way too bright, the normal Brick Yellow would be even more off. I personally think Draco's haircolor would be the best option

I've never seen brick yellow or that yellow even look good on a figure. The sand Draco color is always the best option. 

26 minutes ago, Ultron said:

I've never seen brick yellow or that yellow even look good on a figure. The sand Draco color is always the best option. 

Well, it does look good on Ellie Sattler

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Well, it does look good on Ellie Sattler

I don’t think it looks good on anyone, the lips are MASSIVE and it just looks weird

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I don’t think it looks good on anyone, the lips are MASSIVE and it just looks weird

I don't understand why Lego didn't just make new face prints, they did it with nearly all the Harry Potter minifigs from last years wave, and they even had a new face print for Cedric in the CMF series, it's just really odd.

to Be fair, Lego have given all the Avengers (bar 1) existing face prints for the biggest movie in the MCU. Secondary characters reusing faces, but getting new great torsos isn’t too shabby, especially after how overboard they went with prints and moulds last year

Just now, Lego Lad said:

I don't understand why Lego didn't just make new face prints, they did it with nearly all the Harry Potter minifigs from last years wave, and they even had a new face print for Cedric in the CMF series, it's just really odd.

Lego only made  new faces for what lego considered to be the most important characters

Just now, Whovastron said:

to Be fair, Lego have given all the Avengers (bar 1) existing face prints for the biggest movie in the MCU. Secondary characters reusing faces, but getting new great torsos isn’t too shabby, especially after how overboard they went with prints and moulds last year

That is a fair point, but Lego could have at least reused the Cedric face from the CMF series, but changed it to two new expressions of that same face design aha.

Edited by Lego Lad

Secondary characters reusing faces, but getting new great torsos isn’t too shabby

I’m gonna get shit for saying this, but Krum, Fleur and Cedric are definitely NOT secondary characters in GoF, I’d say each is more important than Ron and Hermione for most of the film, especially Cedric

Just now, The Dangerous HC said:

I’m gonna get shit for saying this, but Krum, Fleur and Cedric are definitely NOT secondary characters in GoF, I’d say each is more important than Ron and Hermione for most of the film, especially Cedric

I agree. They are the three Triwizard Champions chosen from the cup (not including Harry) and if they come in a Triwizard task set they should all have new face prints, but oh well, at the end of the day like people here have said you can always swap out the heads. I won't be doing that though I will just come to accept how they look aha.

Edited by Lego Lad

2 minutes ago, The Dangerous HC said:

From s narrative/filmmaking point of view they are 100% secondary. None of them have arcs, or even many lines. Cedric gets the most, but even he doesn’t do much. I’d say they still yet have more character in the movie than in the book. Importance to what’s happening doesn’t necessarily mean they’re primary characters. They are important pieces in the story, but they aren’t important characters in the traditional terms of people we get development from, and follow with the narrative.

TLDR: basically they are important to the story for what they are, but their characters are not that important and we don’t follow them

Edited by Whovastron

I may be in the minority’s but I would much rather the budget be spent on a new buckbeak or fang mold and get slightly off reused faces than get new accurate fades and have some off looking brickbuilt animals (like Fawkes and basilisk from great hall)

Honestly if anyone gets a new face print, I hope it's Harry in the first task set. I would love if you got one normal looking face on one side of an older teen Harry, and then the second face he is more serious and has the little cut on his left cheek (like my current profile picture image) to show the battle damage he gets flying from the dragon. They could maybe add some dirt on his face too, but that might be overdoing it with too much detail.

From s narrative/filmmaking point of view they are 100% secondary. None of them have arcs, or even many lines. Cedric gets the most, but even he doesn’t do much. I’d say they still yet have more character in the movie than in the book. Importance to what’s happening doesn’t necessarily mean they’re primary characters. They are important pieces in the story, but they aren’t important characters in the traditional terms of people we get development from, and follow with the narrative.

TLDR: basically they are important to the story for what they are, but their characters are not that important and we don’t follow them

We’ll agree to disagree, Cedric helps to move the story by helping Harry and revealing Voldemort’s back, Fleur ends up marrying a g-damn Weasley and Viktor admittedly is the latter of the bunch, but still a primary character, all 4 of the champions are, if Hermione and Ron weren’t in the film the same things would’ve happened, the other 3 are 100% more primary than Hermione and Ron

Just now, Lego Lad said:

Honestly if anyone gets a new face print, I hope it's Harry in the first task set. I would love if you got one normal looking face on one side of an older teen Harry, and then the second face he is more serious and has the little cut on his left cheek (like my current profile picture image) to show the battle damage he gets flying from the dragon. They could maybe add some dirt on his face too, but that might be overdoing it with too much detail.

Well if nothing else Harry, Ron and Hermione DO need new face prints that are for their teen versions. The face prints from last year are all child proportioned, so they need an upgrade if we’re getting those 3 with the new medium legs. And unlike the triwizard champions, older faces for the Trio will be needed in basically all the future sets (the only champion who has a chance of turning up again is Fleur, and only if they make wedding or shell cottage sets)

6 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Well if nothing else Harry, Ron and Hermione DO need new face prints that are for their teen versions. The face prints from last year are all child proportioned, so they need an upgrade if we’re getting those 3 with the new medium legs. And unlike the triwizard champions, older faces for the Trio will be needed in basically all the future sets (the only champion who has a chance of turning up again is Fleur, and only if they make wedding or shell cottage sets)

Yeah I'd say its guaranteed we will get new teen face prints for Harry, Ron and Hermione with two new expressions on each side and I'm looking forward to seeing how they look. I just hope they make another head for Harry that is exclusive to the first task set, where like I said he has one side with some battle damage and some dirt.

Edited by Lego Lad

25 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

I may be in the minority’s but I would much rather the budget be spent on a new buckbeak or fang mold and get slightly off reused faces than get new accurate fades and have some off looking brickbuilt animals (like Fawkes and basilisk from great hall)

I am with you on that one. I  would rather have the molds for the animals be more realistic and  have better printing.

7 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

I think I know why Krum, Fleur, and Cedric don’t have new face or leg prints. They wasted the entire budget on the Lego Movie 2.

For one thing the Lego movie 2 is a lego made property which had a lot of money put into the movie so they wanted to produce good products for the movie as well  since it wouldn't sell as well as super heroes or Star wars with out being heavenly promoted. Also Lego can't put all their money into one theme. A lot of of their money  money goes to Star wars, Super hero's, and Ninjago.

27 minutes ago, The Dangerous HC said:

We’ll agree to disagree, Cedric helps to move the story by helping Harry and revealing Voldemort’s back, Fleur ends up marrying a g-damn Weasley and Viktor admittedly is the latter of the bunch, but still a primary character, all 4 of the champions are, if Hermione and Ron weren’t in the film the same things would’ve happened, the other 3 are 100% more primary than Hermione and Ron

Yeah agree to disagree. But what you’re describing isn’t what defines primary and secondary characters. Moving along the story isn’t what makes a characters. Harry is the main character because we follow his thoughts and feelings and experiences, Ron and Hermione are also main as they both have character development, arcs and affect each other and the story more than just ‘moving it along’. Secondary characters like dumbledore, hagrid, the champions, are just there’s as their characters to do things mostly, with some input. Their important in the grand scheme of things doesn’t relate to their position in focus on the story telling.

worhout Ron and Hermione you loose the drama between the characters, which makes up about 70% of the movie

I don’t like the face prints, I expected better quality after last year, but it isn’t all that bad. Fleur’s is easily replaceable and for Krum I might just have to deal with it but I agree that I’d rather the budget go to things like Buckbeak and the Horntail. Although I’m not often the one accusing lego of laziness but to give Krum a face that literally could not even remotely pass off as Krum is very lazy

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I don’t like the face prints, I expected better quality after last year, but it isn’t all that bad. Fleur’s is easily replaceable and for Krum I might just have to deal with it but I agree that I’d rather the budget go to things like Buckbeak and the Horntail. Although I’m not often the one accusing lego of laziness but to give Krum a face that literally could not even remotely pass off as Krum is very lazy

I mean I can accept the faces but the face they have given Krum could have worked if it also had a small goatee which the actor had, no idea why Lego used a completely clean shaven face print lol. I mean honestly an existing face print with a full stubble would have worked better than clean shaven.

Edited by Lego Lad