Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Last year we got pictures for every Harry Potter set except the Aragog Escape about 5-6 weeks before they got released in the US on July first.

Let‘s expect first official pictures about mid April I‘d say!

Just now, topiku said:

Last year we got pictures for every Harry Potter set except the Aragog Escape about 5-6 weeks before they got released in the US on July first.

Let‘s expect first official pictures about mid April I‘d say!

Well we can all hope

Just now, The Dangerous HC said:

We’ve known that for quite a while now

It was only known that the production had been given extra time. Up untill now the movie was still slated for november 2020

27 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It was only known that the production had been given extra time. Up untill now the movie was still slated for november 2020

Really? A podcast I listen to discusses the pushes back release date a few weeks ago.. hmmm

i hope we get a brick built goblet of fire in one of the sets, just a cup on some bricks will do

29 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Nope, it’s been known for at least a month, if not a bit longer

Just now, Whovastron said:

Really? A podcast I listen to discusses the pushes back release date a few weeks ago.. hmmm

It’s been known for a while

29 minutes ago, The Dangerous HC said:

Nope, it’s been known for at least a month, if not a bit longer

It’s been known for a while

I'd like to end this right here as its not really appropriate for this thread but you're wrong. It was only known the production was delayed and there were rumors the movie would be pushed back too. Only today it has been confirmed that it is really been pushed back, to summer 2021, with Dune taking its original releasedate. The info from a few weeks ago were completely based on rumors, while this is based on facts

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I'd like to end this right here as its not really appropriate for this thread but you're wrong. It was only known the production was delayed and there were rumors the movie would be pushed back too. Only today it has been confirmed that it is really been pushed back, to summer 2021, with Dune taking its original releasedate. The info from a few weeks ago were completely based on rumors, while this is based on facts

You don’t end something by saying “you’re wrong”, you end it by ending it, I know I’m right, I don’t need verification from you ???‍♂️, but yes, let’s end it here because this is a Lego discussion, not who is or isn’t right about a film release date

Right tread:

:wink:

Maybe we have discussed the idea already (?) but what about a collectible series like mixels just with a minifig,the proper patronus animal for the fig and a small build :tongue: Could that be something Lego would make, a excellent way of getting patronus animals easy without using a lot of the mould budget in a wave. They could off course be included in last battle sets or a room of requirement set  :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

I’m questing Hermione and fleur will use the dress piece

I've been thinking about that. Would work for Fleur if she's meant to be 17, but I wonder what they'll do for Hermione when Harry is supposedly using the new medium legs in the triwizard tournament set

1 hour ago, diepotato47 said:

Picture of Yule Ball Krum’s torso is up, looks great! 

Just saw it..

Looks funtastic.Hope the rest too.

Just now, kirkwoodproductions said:

I've been thinking about that. Would work for Fleur if she's meant to be 17, but I wonder what they'll do for Hermione when Harry is supposedly using the new medium legs in the triwizard tournament set

Hermione is around 15 and a lot of girls is fully grown at that age, so would not be strange if she also uses it :shrug_oh_well:

Just to add fuel to the fire. Why couldn't Dumbledore's room just be a stand alone set. Does it really need to be able to connect the the castle sets?

I wouldn't mind the inside view of his room, would be cool with all the pictures, pensive and things.

By the way, this is for a future set that they may or may not built in the coming years for anyone who is having trouble following the thread.

Just now, Acura said:

Just to add fuel to the fire. Why couldn't Dumbledore's room just be a stand alone set. Does it really need to be able to connect the the castle sets?

I wouldn't mind the inside view of his room, would be cool with all the pictures, pensive and things.

By the way, this is for a future set that they may or may not built in the coming years for anyone who is having trouble following the thread.

I don’t see why they can’t just shove it into any part of the building. Yeah we kind ahad a desk in the great hall set, but that doesn’t mean they can’t make a bigger, more detailed one in the future. I mean if they’re sticking the Yule ball somewhere else then continuity clearly isn’t an issue

13 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Pretty sure the Hogwarts Express is a retailer exclusive. Unless you’ve seen it somewhere other than barnes & noble (and apparently target and Walmart? It’s not available for small toy stores to stock - it’s likely it was meant to be toys r us exclusive). iirc the Quidditch match is retailer exclusive for Target (and maybe Walmart). The news that they were coming last year came out somewhat after the retailer catalog leaks (and maybe even the set names/descriptions?), but exactly what they were remained under wraps for a while. The Quidditch set leaked before the actual release (someone lets slip it was a ‘sporty’ set and some of the figures leaked) but there were a lot of people convinced the second retailer exclusive was a Knight Bus set up until the official press release bitofanastyshockforthemwhentheyfoundout :wink: Point is, finding out about 2 retailer exclusives now (since one of those ‘confidentials’ is apparently the Knight Bus) is pretty in line with last year, and it’s likely we won’t get any more info until Lego says so. 

Just want to add (just in case anyone is curious) In Canada, the new Hogwarts Express was an exclusive to Toys R Us stores (as they are still open in Canada) as was the Bricktober pack, the Quidditch set was exclusive to Chapters/Indigo stores. 

8 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Welllll......

x107.png

This thread is getting harder and harder to read, but as there's not much of anything substantive to discuss at the moment, I can't see any way around that.

Could the mods pin the summer set list to the front page of this thread and just flag them as unconfirmed rumours? Otherwise I feel like the set list will just keep getting repeated every few pages.

7 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Oh yes please. 

The hairpiece used for the Dimensions/cmf figure doesn’t look enough like any of Harry’s hairstyles, most notably it has longer bangs than Harry ever wore in the movies. It worked much better on Ron in the 2010-11 waves and I suspect they only used it in Dimensions because they couldn’t use his original hair but didn’t want to invest in a new hairpiece or recolor something more suitable. 

So yeah, give me a hairstyle that will actually show that iconic scar, because not being able to see it is kind of a letdown. I distinctly remember grumpily going through hairpieces that would work better for Harry’s long hair than that Bieber one, and thinking a recolor of Lloyd’s would work for GoF. (Also the hairpiece used for Ian Malcolm in the Jurassic Park bricktober pack could work. I’m not sure where it first appeared, but I’ve got one in brown and it definitely leaves the scar uncovered while still being nice and messy looking)

What the hell lego?!? :facepalm:

It would be amazing if Harry's hair was the same mold as Lloyd's! I found the hair used for the Dimensions and CMF figure really underwhelming so this would be a much better alternative. What I wonder is whether all the Harry minifigures will have the same hair even though they're from two separate films, as that's what Lego did for Harry's new hair mold in the first wave. 

5 minutes ago, Acura said:

I feel like what Lego is doing is trying to fit a lot of memorable scenes into iconic buildings or vehicles. I get the feeling that for the larger sets of Hogwarts especially only the really memorable parts of the castle will be included, while mid-range sets will just have generic parts of the castle like the Whomping Willow set. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if we got the Astronomy Tower next year with a Room of Requirement and Dumbledore's office to recreate scenes from Order of the Pheonix and Half-Blood Prince (though this is just speculation)

It's been confirmed we're getting these versions of Fleur, Krum and Cedric. They will all reuse old faces, none of the arms are printed and only Cedric has leg printing!

image.jpeg.e5f0c94aaf00848c783864419b624277.jpegimage.jpeg.9b45e23d256368c2a7d67a20ed5f373f.jpegimage.jpeg.a9ba14c18de8009091c8d1434e43e995.jpeg

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

It's been confirmed we're getting these versions of Fleur, Krum and Cedric. They will all reuse old faces, none of the arms are printed and only Cedric has leg printing!

image.jpeg.e5f0c94aaf00848c783864419b624277.jpegimage.jpeg.9b45e23d256368c2a7d67a20ed5f373f.jpegimage.jpeg.a9ba14c18de8009091c8d1434e43e995.jpeg

Well, they (Fleur/Krum) don't really need arm printing if you look at the pictures so I'm okay with that. The 'leaker' stated that they use old faces as in their age and not from previous sets. 

Just now, HalfBloodPrince said:

What Lloyd hair would be they using? The show version or the movie version?

Technically the movie version is the show version since the show kept the movie redesigns. But I hope they're using the old hairpiece, the current one doesn't look anything like Harry! 

Just now, Hoth Rebel said:

Well, they (Fleur/Krum) don't really need arm printing if you look at the pictures so I'm okay with that. The 'leaker' stated that they use old faces as in their age and not from previous sets. 

You actually got that the wrong way around, the original quote: ''old face means ''not new'', doesnt mean they look old:laugh_hard:''.

So they're reusing old faces, maybe Cedric reuses the CMF head?

Wait, so does anyone think that this is not accurate? Because I think it will be awesome and i see the similarity there.

lego-ninjago-lloyd-garmadon-hair-hoodie-high-school-outfit-minifigurehp4gf_022GrintRadcliffe.jpg?zoom=2