Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Just now, The Dangerous HC said:

They do indeed, there are 3, 1 is the knight bus which comes out on June 1st and 2 come out on August 1st

That's really awesome then. It now makes sense (to me ) why the sets were going to be released in July. It was so the waves could be spaced out.

Just now, The Pearson said:

I so confused. What is confirmed, rumored and incorrect? I’m having trouble keeping up.

Well nothing is confirmed because Lego hasn’t announced anything yet, that’s only when it will be confirmed, and if you want to know what is or isn’t accurate, look at the list of sets and prices I posted and the minifigure list that was posted a few days back, however ignore the set information posted earlier today as that is 100% incorrect

Just now, The Pearson said:

I so confused. What is confirmed, rumored and incorrect? I’m having trouble keeping up.

Right now if my  information is correct, there will be a total of seven sets for the wizarding world theme this year along with a advent calender.

The five coming out in June are:

75945- Expecto Patronum- €20

75946- Triwizard Challenge- €30/35 ($35)

75947- Hagrid’s Hut: Buckbeak Rescue-€60/65 ($50)

75948- Hogwarts Clocktower- €90/100 ($90).

The Knightbus( listed on the last 2 pages of this forma as a confidential set.

In August we are getting  2 additional sets that at this time are labeled as confidential.  At this time one of them is assumed to be the Grave Yard which was previously rumored on instagram.

The advent calendar is suppose to come out in September for €40

At this time the only other information we know is that there is going to be a new buckbeak in the Hadgrids hut which is inspired by the design from  Prisoner of Azkaban onward, the hogwarts clock tower contains the scene from the yule ball, and that both Fleur and Harry in their yule ball robes/outfits. There is great controversy in this form about what figures we will be getting so their is no need to list them again because we don't know what is true. All this information should be taken with a grain of salt though however seems to be all confirmed. 

Just now, LegoSims20 said:

The UK better NOT get them later again

They’re all out at the same time worldwide, they were only out in America early last year because it was a new theme and Target made a deal with Lego

Edited by The Dangerous HC

30 minutes ago, legogoblin2099 said:

In August we are getting  2 additional sets that at this time are labeled as confidential.  At this time one of them is assumed to be the Grave Yard which was previously rumored on instagram.

I’m even more skeptical about the graveyard now that it would be coming out in August. Hidden Side is coming out in September, 2 graveyards released within a month of each other? 

It just seems really unlikely the Lego would risk the sales for both sets/themes and much more likely that someone saw the Hidden Side set before the new theme was announced and mistook it for something it wasn’t. (I seem to recall the source of this ‘leak’ usually reports on Star Wars, and wouldn’t necessarily be able to tell if a graveyard was actually Harry Potter or not)

And let’s stop beating around the bush here - I haven’t seen a single person here excited about the possibility of a graveyard set because of the fun and exciting new builds. Everyone’s excited about the possible minifigures, because we all know the actual building elements would be bland and repetitive. Lucius Malfoy is going to appear in future OotP/DH sets (and frankly Lego doesn’t want to make screen accurate GoF death eaters). And I still think Wormtail and babymort would work better in a cmf, with the correspondingly larger minifigure budget. 

In the end I guess it’s just a wait and see game :def_shrug:

23 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I’m even more skeptical about the graveyard now that it would be coming out in August. Hidden Side is coming out in September, 2 graveyards released within a month of each other? 

It just seems really unlikely the Lego would risk the sales for both sets/themes and much more likely that someone saw the Hidden Side set before the new theme was announced and mistook it for something it wasn’t. (I seem to recall the source of this ‘leak’ usually reports on Star Wars, and wouldn’t necessarily be able to tell if a graveyard was actually Harry Potter or not)

And let’s stop beating around the bush here - I haven’t seen a single person here excited about the possibility of a graveyard set because of the fun and exciting new builds. Everyone’s excited about the possible minifigures, because we all know the actual building elements would be bland and repetitive. Lucius Malfoy is going to appear in future OotP/DH sets (and frankly Lego doesn’t want to make screen accurate GoF death eaters). And I still think Wormtail and babymort would work better in a cmf, with the correspondingly larger minifigure budget. 

In the end I guess it’s just a wait and see game :def_shrug:

I wasn’t saying that it  was happening or that i thought it was happening. Personally I agree with you. I was just providing the information for @The Pearson 

I really don’t understand all this ‘they wouldn’t release two graveyards at once’

a Lego styled graveyard with app features and ghosts is alot different to a licences theme depicting a scene that just happens to be in a graveyard. It’s lile saying they wouldn’t release a Lego city lighthouse at the same time as the scooby doo one, or saying they can’t release a train in the hidden side line because there’s a similar type train in city. it’s apples and oranges

EDIT: also, why wouldn’t lego want to make GoF death eaters? The Tomb defender people in one of the Indiana Jones sets had the exact same masks

Edited by Whovastron

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

I really don’t understand all this ‘they wouldn’t release two graveyards at once’

a Lego styled graveyard with app features and ghosts is alot different to a licences theme depicting a scene that just happens to be in a graveyard. It’s lile saying they wouldn’t release a Lego city lighthouse at the same time as the scooby doo one, or saying they can’t release a train in the hidden side line because there’s a similar type train in city. it’s apples and oranges

EDIT: also, why wouldn’t lego want to make GoF death eaters? The Tomb defender people in one of the Indiana Jones sets had the exact same masks

Having 2 sets that could be confused with each other released at the same time could lead to some people mixing them up, and getting upset when they didn’t get what they expected. 

Yes, Lego has certain things (like trains) that they have multiple sets depicting, but they usually don’t release the ones from different themes so close together. The Hidden Side train for instance, will be released over a year apart from the a Hogwarts Express. (On top of that, the themes’ magical and supernatural basis are more similar than most). 

I’m not saying that I can’t see them having 2 similar sets out at the same time, I just can’t see them releasing them so close together. 

As for the Goblet of Fire Death Eaters - repeat after me everyone: Lego. Is. Not. Going. To. Make. KKK. Hoods. 

24 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Having 2 sets that could be confused with each other released at the same time could lead to some people mixing them up, and getting upset when they didn’t get what they expected. 

Yes, Lego has certain things (like trains) that they have multiple sets depicting, but they usually don’t release the ones from different themes so close together. The Hidden Side train for instance, will be released over a year apart from the a Hogwarts Express. (On top of that, the themes’ magical and supernatural basis are more similar than most). 

I’m not saying that I can’t see them having 2 similar sets out at the same time, I just can’t see them releasing them so close together. 

As for the Goblet of Fire Death Eaters - repeat after me everyone: Lego. Is. Not. Going. To. Make. KKK. Hoods. 

I imagine they would stick to a film accurate costume but use traditional lego hoods

Also, apparently in the Triwizard Challenge set, Harry has plain black medium legs and Lloyd’s hair in black. Personally I think the CMF hair would have been fine, Lloyd’s hair is a little longer than Harry’s. Lloyd’s hair may have worked better for Ron or Fred and George in GOF. Harry’s hair wasn’t quite as long as theirs.

Tbh I do want to see a graveyard duel set, with a small bit of the maze to come along with it (I can see them including a move able wall as play feature.) I always loved the original set and I still wish to get my hands on it someday. Of course the minifigures would be the most interesting part of the set, there's no denying that, but it would still be cool to see. Only reason why I'm not too excited about it at the moment is because I prioritise the other rumored sets for now (mostly poa sets), but there might be a need for this set because of the lack of villain characters as someone else mentioned earlier. I do want the set and I'm not surprised if the rumors are true, but I'm not in a hurry to get it.

Now about Dumbledore's office. I think it's pretty save to say now that Lego doesn't really mind if the inside is movie accurate to the outside, as was proven with the marble staircase tower, potions class, gryffindor common room and most likely soon with the yule ball. I could even see them including his office in the clock/watch tower depending on its size, especially since dumbledore is supposedly included.

Now again about Hagrid, the way I see it there are only 2 likely options if we'll ever get a variant, the poa one as seen 2 pages back, which is also used for ootp and dh or the suit one with the tie, which were only seen in poa and gof. Ofcourse the mold is not ideal, but that never stopped Lego before, and printing can do wonders. Now if I had to make a bet I would say the one with the tie is the most likely candidate considering the other sets in this wave, especially since it will take a long time until we could ever see that variant again, same can't be said for the other variant. Sorry for the long comment xD

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

Lego. Is. Not. Going. To. Make. KKK. Hoods. 

Welllll......

x107.png

This thread is getting harder and harder to read, but as there's not much of anything substantive to discuss at the moment, I can't see any way around that.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Also, apparently in the Triwizard Challenge set, Harry has plain black medium legs and Lloyd’s hair in black. Personally I think the CMF hair would have been fine, Lloyd’s hair is a little longer than Harry’s. Lloyd’s hair may have worked better for Ron or Fred and George in GOF. Harry’s hair wasn’t quite as long as theirs.

Oh yes please. 

The hairpiece used for the Dimensions/cmf figure doesn’t look enough like any of Harry’s hairstyles, most notably it has longer bangs than Harry ever wore in the movies. It worked much better on Ron in the 2010-11 waves and I suspect they only used it in Dimensions because they couldn’t use his original hair but didn’t want to invest in a new hairpiece or recolor something more suitable. 

So yeah, give me a hairstyle that will actually show that iconic scar, because not being able to see it is kind of a letdown. I distinctly remember grumpily going through hairpieces that would work better for Harry’s long hair than that Bieber one, and thinking a recolor of Lloyd’s would work for GoF. (Also the hairpiece used for Ian Malcolm in the Jurassic Park bricktober pack could work. I’m not sure where it first appeared, but I’ve got one in brown and it definitely leaves the scar uncovered while still being nice and messy looking)

34 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Welllll......

x107.png

What the hell lego?!? :facepalm:

Re: hoods, the films depict them in multiple different ways, so I imagine Lego will take the OotP "decorated full face mask" approach over the GoF KKK hoods with eye masks. Which I'm fine with, as the OotP ones look better in my opinion. Probably they will be alternate faces.

Edited by Taure

I assume we are getting more leaks of moulds and minifigs in the time to come, but the sets themselves could stay hidden for a long time. Unless the June wave is in the Lego catalogue, which I do not think it is for this first half of the year?!
Lego are really keeping a tight lid over things now, even something like city is under wraps still *huh*

Just now, Taure said:

Re: hoods, the films depict them in multiple different ways, so I imagine Lego will take the OotP "decorated mask" approach over GoF hoods. Which look better in my opinion. Probably they will be alternate faces.

I‘d prefer that as well, even though it wouldn‘t be accurate at all for GoF :laugh: I always thought the GoF Death Eaters looked goofy and ridiculous. Of course that was the point when you consider what they’re obviously alluding to with those ‚dunce’ hats :iamded_lol: I see why they made that choice, but I‘m glad they opted for a more menacing look for the later movies.

4 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Lego has literally made figures of Nazi soldiers complete with stickers of Balkenkreuz, so nothing is impossible :laugh:

2 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Oh yes please. 

The hairpiece used for the Dimensions/cmf figure doesn’t look enough like any of Harry’s hairstyles, most notably it has longer bangs than Harry ever wore in the movies. It worked much better on Ron in the 2010-11 waves and I suspect they only used it in Dimensions because they couldn’t use his original hair but didn’t want to invest in a new hairpiece or recolor something more suitable. 

So yeah, give me a hairstyle that will actually show that iconic scar, because not being able to see it is kind of a letdown. I distinctly remember grumpily going through hairpieces that would work better for Harry’s long hair than that Bieber one, and thinking a recolor of Lloyd’s would work for GoF. (Also the hairpiece used for Ian Malcolm in the Jurassic Park bricktober pack could work. I’m not sure where it first appeared, but I’ve got one in brown and it definitely leaves the scar uncovered while still being nice and messy looking)

What the hell lego?!? :facepalm:

Only we don't actually know what hairpiece they will use. I hope its the pre-TLNM hair as its much more acurate to GoF than the current hairpiece 

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

I assume we are getting more leaks of moulds and minifigs in the time to come, but the sets themselves could stay hidden for a long time. Unless the June wave is in the Lego catalogue, which I do not think it is for this first half of the year?!
Lego are really keeping a tight lid over things now, even something like city is under wraps still *huh*

Sadly we're not getting any more pictures of leaks because lego is going after leakers. All major leakers have stated to only share information and no longer share pictures

22 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Sadly we're not getting any more pictures of leaks because lego is going after leakers. All major leakers have stated to only share information and no longer share pictures

A bunch of Ninjago stuff was just leaked, seems like some leakers didn‘t get the memo :grin:

We're getting new pictures, in fact! Victor Krum's Yule ball torso just leaked, along with some others from other themes, and a Bail Organa minifigure leaked a bit earlier.

36 minutes ago, Swamp said:

Lego has literally made figures of Nazi soldiers complete with stickers of Balkenkreuz, so nothing is impossible :laugh:

Really? I thought they had a strict ban on military stuff, and certainly can't believe they've ever made Nazi figures? There are custom ones out there, but surely nothing official.

NOTE: Sorry, off topic.

Edited by CLK143

34 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yes, but even if they are not in the 1HY catalogue they will be in shops in May I guess, they probably turn up in a web-shop photo before that even :wink:

Just now, Roebuck said:

Yes, but even if they are not in the 1HY catalogue they will be in shops in May I guess, they probably turn up in a web-shop photo before that even :wink:

How long before release are sets officially revealed? I used to think it was a month, but recently it seems like it’s only a couple of weeks