Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

That’s utter trash. Plenty of leakers have come in gone in the period that I’ve read EB and most of the legit ones are very quickly corroborated by other leakers, pictures, or links to retailers with product info. This is another force solo ghost load of nonsense.

2 hours ago, Chocolate Frog said:

One thing I'd really like is many more figures with the uniform from the first two movies like we saw in the CMF collection and with different houses too. I find those much more iconic than the grey school jumper look and actually the CMF figures with those uniforms are now quite pricey.

We’re unlikely to see them standard issue in sets, because of the extra printing. But if they really were popular in the cmf then it’s definitely possible we’ll see versions for the other houses in a future cmf. (And I was sort of stumped on who they might use for Hufflepuff, but then my brain said ‘young Newt Scamander’ and now it won’t shut up)

2 hours ago, LegoSims20 said:

I hope we get a regular Neville at some point (preferably in a DADA classroom) because that hat with the earmuffs drives me coconut insane.

Tbh I’m pretty sure half the reason we got such an out of the way variation of Neville is because they didn’t want to overlap with uniformed/casual cloths versions that will inevitably pop up in future sets. Same with Luna, they made her in one of her most iconic casual outfits, as opposed to a uniform, because she only ever appears in that outfit on the Hogwarts Express, and they knew they won’t be doing a HBP remake of that set anytime soon. Basically, I’d expect to see more of both these characters this time around, now that Lego’s had time to realize what fan favorites they are. 

9 hours ago, BrickSantorum said:

Eurobricks: Come for the leaks, stay for the drama! :laugh:

:head_back:

It is strange if we do not get any more new Hogwarts student in this 5 sets, there are plenty we miss, but hopefully someone is in other sets/advent calendar .. If Harry is not in the knight bus it is fine by me, the more sets that Harry or the trio is not in the better as long as they are replaced by other more uncommon characters. A knight bus with a lot of bricks (?) and only 2 figs is not good and not living up to the high fig count standard in HP sets.  E.g. a passenger witch or wizard would be great to use as a "civilian" :wink:

8 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

:head_back:

It is strange if we do not get any more new Hogwarts student in this 5 sets, there are plenty we miss, but hopefully someone is in other sets/advent calendar .. If Harry is not in the knight bus it is fine by me, the more sets that Harry or the trio is not in the better as long as they are replaced by other more uncommon characters. A knight bus with a lot of bricks (?) and only 2 figs is not good and not living up to the high fig count standard in HP sets.  E.g. a passenger witch or wizard would be great to use as a "civilian" :wink:

Perhaps they’re giving such a good upgrade to the shrunken head that he’s being counted as a minifigure :snicker:

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

Perhaps they’re giving such a good upgrade to the shrunken head that he’s being counted as a minifigure :snicker:

I actually wouldn't be that suprised if lego counted that thing as a figure

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

Hopefully it’s better than the previous two versions, a printed window panel piece or a 1x1 round brick won’t do this time :tongue: My first instinct was the Mandrake piece from last year’s CMF series, but then I remembered the bar at the bottom of that mould. I highly doubt they’d produce a new mould for this, so either they omit it, use an existing part in a clever way or revert to a 1x1 brick (please don’t) :grin:

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Hopefully it’s better than the previous two versions, a printed window panel piece or a 1x1 round brick won’t do this time :tongue: My first instinct was the Mandrake piece from last year’s CMF series, but then I remembered the bar at the bottom of that mould. I highly doubt they’d produce a new mould for this, so either they omit it, use an existing part in a clever way or revert to a 1x1 brick (please don’t) :grin:

I'm leaning towards the 1x1 circular brick, Maybe they could use the Mandrake upside down? Though that isnt the right shape

2 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Had not thought about that, but they could give him/it a baby sized head, would probably win the ugliest baby contest easy over the sewer babies :tongue:

16 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Had not thought about that, but they could give him/it a baby sized head, would probably win the ugliest baby contest easy over the sewer babies :tongue:

That's entirely possible, they could print the face on upside-down and attach baby heads to the bottom of bars hanging from the roof. 

30 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

That’s actually a really good idea :thumbup: It has the right size as well as a bar-sized hole and would thus fit perfectly! And it also has potential for nightmare fuel MOCs :head_back:

Can you all stop arguing about leaks/lies/story-time ?

Or does the thread need closing a while so everyone can cool off?

Hey everyone, just in case anyone's out of the loop I'm just going to post the information here that TheRandomBlocker told me and presumably quite a few others over PM 

1) Hagrid's hut Includes Hagrid, Harry, Hermione, Ron, Macnair, Minister and a Moulded Buckbeak

2) Tri-Wizard Challenge includes Cedric, Fleur, Harry, Krum and a Brickbuilt Horntail

3) Patronus includes Dementor, Harry, Sirius and Stag

4) Clocktower includes Dumbledore, Fleur, Harry, Hermione, Madame Maxime, Ron and Viktor

5) Knight Bus includes Ernie and Stan

TheRandomBlocker has also said on this forum that he saw these at the Toy Fair and the displays were preliminary, with labelled cardboard cutouts for the characters present instead of physical minifigures. Before anyone gets upset about any of the details here, there is a chance its fake but there is also a chance that the builds and possibly even the figure inclusions (such as the absence of Harry in the Knight Bus and the molded stag in the dementor set) may be different when the sets are actually officially revealed. 

An example of a not finalised set display at the Toy Fair is the Great Hall from last year, which had a slightly different build and a few prototype minifigures in the absence of the new molds we actually got https://www.fbtb.net/lego-harry-potter/2018/02/17/toy-fair-coverage-2018-harry-potter/

Hope this helps, just trying to help if anyone's a bit confused about what's going on :classic:

Sorry if this got covered recently, I've tried to check back but can't find it — did the advent calendar come from a source or is it rumour/speculation?

Also, CMF Series 2 is definitely just predictions/rumours at this point right? :)

48 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Hey everyone, just in case anyone's out of the loop I'm just going to post the information here that TheRandomBlocker told me and presumably quite a few others over PM 

1) Hagrid's hut Includes Hagrid, Harry, Hermione, Ron, Macnair, Minister and a Moulded Buckbeak

2) Tri-Wizard Challenge includes Cedric, Fleur, Harry, Krum and a Brickbuilt Horntail

3) Patronus includes Dementor, Harry, Sirius and Stag

4) Clocktower includes Dumbledore, Fleur, Harry, Hermione, Madame Maxime, Ron and Viktor

5) Knight Bus includes Ernie and Stan

TheRandomBlocker has also said on this forum that he saw these at the Toy Fair and the displays were preliminary, with labelled cardboard cutouts for the characters present instead of physical minifigures. Before anyone gets upset about any of the details here, there is a chance its fake but there is also a chance that the builds and possibly even the figure inclusions (such as the absence of Harry in the Knight Bus and the molded stag in the dementor set) may be different when the sets are actually officially revealed. 

An example of a not finalised set display at the Toy Fair is the Great Hall from last year, which had a slightly different build and a few prototype minifigures in the absence of the new molds we actually got https://www.fbtb.net/lego-harry-potter/2018/02/17/toy-fair-coverage-2018-harry-potter/

Hope this helps, just trying to help if anyone's a bit confused about what's going on :classic:

Do you even read this thread? This list has been posted a lot over the last couple of days...

17 minutes ago, GalacticHippo said:

Sorry if this got covered recently, I've tried to check back but can't find it — did the advent calendar come from a source or is it rumour/speculation?

Also, CMF Series 2 is definitely just predictions/rumours at this point right? :)

Calendar comes from reliable leakers, CMF is speculation, not even rumour at this point

16 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Do you even read this thread? This list has been posted a lot over the last couple of days...

Ah sorry, I have been following this forum I just missed out on the last few days and after reading the latest two pages of posts there seemed to be a bit of confusion and not much actual discussion about the rumoured sets themselves. 

Going back to the sets its the builds of the larger sets that are going to decide if I get many of them or not. The Patronus set and Advent Calender will be definite buys for me though as I need one of the new Dementors and hopefully a few of the minifigures from the larger sets last year will be included in the Advent Calendar such as Lupin, Quirrel, Mcgonnagal or Susan Bones, as well as the trio and a few nice minibuilds  

19 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Ah sorry, I have been following this forum I just missed out on the last few days and after reading the latest two pages of posts there seemed to be a bit of confusion and not much actual discussion about the rumoured sets themselves. 

Going back to the sets its the builds of the larger sets that are going to decide if I get many of them or not. The Patronus set and Advent Calender will be definite buys for me though as I need one of the new Dementors and hopefully a few of the minifigures from the larger sets last year will be included in the Advent Calendar such as Lupin, Quirrel, Mcgonnagal or Susan Bones, as well as the trio and a few nice minibuilds  

Don't be sorry.  Thank you!!!!  I too come back to this thread every couple of days to see if there is any new information.  But I find pages and pages of arguing about what a leaker is or isn't.  I try to backtrack to find the actual list that everyone is arguing about, but that gets tedious after a while. 

So thank you for reposting and re-summarizing the list.  I find this to be helpful.

48 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Calendar comes from reliable leakers, CMF is speculation, not even rumour at this point

Seems like the calendar is more than a mere rumour now: https://m.brickshop.nl/lego/lego-harry-potter/lego-75957-advent-calendar-2019-harry-potter.html

There’s definitely no CMF series this year, this year’s remaining two series are Disney 2 and series 19 :classic:

This is my first post on this site, and I must say it's a lot more exciting than I expected. Tempers running high and all that!

Me, I take all of this as a bit of fun, with nothing certain until Lego announce it.

Quite pleased with the leaked/ speculated/ guessed sets and minifigure lists, although I'd rather swap the Clocktower Krum for someone else.

What I'm really hoping is that the Clocktower set is a large castle piece, and another step towards getting close to a minifigure scale version of the microscale Hogwarts, not just a long connected line of bits and pieces. If is is Yule Ball themed, I wonder if the Christmas parts will be changeable so it's not stuck on Christmas Eve?

Like lots of others have said, fewer Harrys and more non-Gryffindor students would be brilliant - Crabb, Goyle, Pansy Parkinson, Colin Creevey, Justin Finch-Fletchley, Padma, Anthony Goldstein - there's a battle pack or ten out there if Lego would only start making them.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy this forum while I wait for some definite revelations to appear.

Cheers 

1 hour ago, CLK143 said:

Like lots of others have said, fewer Harrys and more non-Gryffindor students would be brilliant - Crabb, Goyle, Pansy Parkinson, Colin Creevey, Justin Finch-Fletchley, Padma, Anthony Goldstein - there's a battle pack or ten out there if Lego would only start making them.

Very unlikely. Given Harry's presence in the last wave of sets, and in all the 2010/11 normal retail sets, it is highly unlikely he won't be in just about every set in future too. Harry sells. I can only think of a few of the small sets from the early 2000's where he wasn't in them.

1 hour ago, CLK143 said:

In the meantime, I'll enjoy this forum while I wait for some definite revelations to appear.

Cheers 

While I'd like to see some other students I dont really mind including Harry, you can just swap his head and you get a random Gryffindor student. Only problem is nobody neads a Gryffindor army

6 minutes ago, MAB said:

Very unlikely. Given Harry's presence in the last wave of sets, and in all the 2010/11 normal retail sets, it is highly unlikely he won't be in just about every set in future too. Harry sells. I can only think of a few of the small sets from the early 2000's where he wasn't in them.

The first 2 Hagrid’s Hut sets weren’t exactly small, neither was the Drumstrang Ship from the GoF wave. Harry’s usually included because he’s present in most scenes as the main character, but there have been notable exceptions over the years. 

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

:excited:

2 hours ago, CLK143 said:

Cheers 

Welcome :classic:

36 minutes ago, MAB said:

Well they do things slightly different this time, so maybe they will skip him in a few sets in the future :shrug_oh_well:

I can independently corroborate the inclusion of Buckbeak and Macnair (or someone who looks much like Macnair) in 75947. And it will be $49.99 US, as predicted.

2 hours ago, Azani said:

I can independently corroborate the inclusion of Buckbeak and Macnair (or someone who looks much like Macnair) in 75947. And it will be $49.99 US, as predicted.

It’s kind of interesting that we’re app getting McNair, I’ve always thought of him as being fairly generic in that scene, although I suppose the people who MOC medieval settings will like having an executioner. I’m more interested in the rumors we’ll get Fudge as well - personally I’m hoping for another detail from the book getting snuck in and Lego giving him a lime green bowler hat. 

As for Buckbeak, well, the magical creatures are my favorite part of Harry Potter :grin: I wonder if they’ll make it so he can rear, the horse hind legs already exist after all.