Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I might misremember things, but I think last year‘s sets weren‘t even on display at either of the fairs they attended, apart from the Great Hall of course. If this year‘s anything like that, we won‘t even get a set list *huh*

As far as I remember, Lego was for some reason not present on the London fair so notting there off course. In Nuremberg they had the sets on display, but only (some?) retailers had access to they room where they kept them.. In New York they had the GH on public display.. So it is a fair chance they will have HP sets on display in London, the question is if we have a spy there :def_shrug: Brickset and other fan sites are not invited, so it could point to that Lego have something to hide there :grin:

So LEGO just revealed a new Summer 2019 LEGO Movie 2 set at London Toy Fair (completely out of the blue!). So maybe there's a chance we'll get a glimpse of the Summer 2019 Wizarding World sets! Let's hope so!

I hope so too :thumbup: I don’t expect any official reveals though, more like some vague descriptions from a sneaky retailer (my favourite!) :grin: 

The thing is that LTF lasts only three days and I wouldn’t count on more than one reveal a day, leaving two themes (probably SW and SH). That of course is under the assumption there even is more than one reveal in total :tongue:

The production start has been postponed from Summer to Autumn, but we don't know how much this affects the release date, maybe it's only pushed back a couple of weeks? :purrr: I don't think this would affect the theme all that much, considering it's a combined theme (if it was FB only, it'd be a different story)...

8 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Apparently Fantastic Beasts 3 has been delayed. I wonder what that will mean for the lego theme.

Probably nothing at all, since it still will be on cinemas in 2020. Lego apparently had very little info to go on when making 75951 Grindelwald's escape due to all the secrecy. I assume it is the same this time around, and off course sets from a new movie can be potential bestsellers. On the other hand it is much easier for the designer to make sets from HP since all the movies is made and all the details is known by now. So design wise it would probably be better to make sets from FB 1-2 next year and wait with FB3 sets to after 2020, but they will naturally have minimum 1 set from the new movie as usual *huh*

17 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

So LEGO just revealed a new Summer 2019 LEGO Movie 2 set at London Toy Fair (completely out of the blue!). So maybe there's a chance we'll get a glimpse of the Summer 2019 Wizarding World sets! Let's hope so!

Second The Lego Movie 2 wave comes out on May 1st, which is 1HY, therefore 2HY sets are less likely to be revealed or be on display.

13 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Apparently Fantastic Beasts 3 has been delayed. I wonder what that will mean for the lego theme.

I hope this is a very bad joke. FB3 is already too late.:cry3:

Please take the following with a grain of salt, but we might have the proper set list here, courtesy of brickfanatics:

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-harry-potter-summer-2019-set-rumours/

• Expecto Patronum
  • Tri-wizard Challenge
  • Hagrid’s Hut
  • Knight Bus
  • Hogwarts Watch Tower

Please let this be true *oh2*

Edited by Lego-Freak

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Please take the following with a grain of salt, but we might have the proper set list here, courtesy of brickfanatics:

• Expecto Patronum
  • Tri-wizard Challenge
  • Hagrid’s Hut
  • Knight Bus
  • Hogwarts Watch Tower

So no Shrieking shack? Hmm ? 

Here’s what I think we might expect if the list is real: 

- Expecto Patronum: Probably the smallest set of the bunch. The spell is used quite often, but the most memorable instance is during the climax of PoA (by the frozen lake). If it is based on that, this would be our chance to finally get an updated version of Sirius! Alternatively, it could be based on the scene in the Room of Requirements in OotP.

- Tri-Wizard challenge: if the list is in ascending order, this has to be the second task (so basically a remake of the 2005 set). Viktor and Fleur anyone? :sweet:

- Hagrid’s Hut: I hope it’s the design from PoA onwards. If we’re lucky, we might get Fang and/or Buckbeak.

- Knight Bus: if it’s larger than the hut, then the latter is really tiny or this one features some scenery, which I’d be down for. Throw in Sirius in his Animagus form and we’re all set :thumbup:

- Hogwarts Watch Tower: I have no idea what this refers to... the Astronomy Tower? Or the part with the huge pendulum from PoA?

I hope it’s the proper list this time, or else we’re back to square one. At least this one sounds more reasonable than the last list did :grin:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

- Hogwarts Watch Tower: I have no idea what this refers to... the Astronomy Tower? Or the part with the huge pendulum from PoA?

I hope it’s the proper list this time, or else we’re back to square one. At least this one sounds more reasonable than the last list :grin:

Probably the Clock Tower:

https://harrypotter.fandom.com/wiki/Clock_Tower

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Expecto Patronum: Probably the smallest set of the bunch. The spell is used quite often, but the most memorable instance is during the climax of PoA (by the frozen lake). If it is based on that, this would be our chance to finally get an updated version of Sirius! Alternatively, it could be based on the scene in the Room of Requirements in OotP.

I think it’s more likely to be Lupin’s classroom, with Harry and a Dementor (boggart), could also be combined with a Riddikulus scene and have Neville and possibly another student, would go well with Boggart Snape

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

• Expecto Patronum
  • Tri-wizard Challenge
  • Hagrid’s Hut
  • Knight Bus
  • Hogwarts Watch Tower

Great list, I think it's real compared to that other bogus leak. I was thinking that the Expecto Patronum set would be the $10 set but I was wondering how they would stuff Harry, Sirius, a Dementor and a deer in such a small set. I know the prices for the HP sets have been very good but it seems odd. 

What part of the castle is exactly the watchtower? Is it where the Horntail was clinging on or was it where they saved Sirius from? It can not be from Deathly Hallows, all the sets are from POA and GOF.

Knight Bus and Hagrid's Hut were expected but still definetly plan on picking them up regardless. Last time I owned them was when I was a kid back in the early 2000's and the Knight Bus is a personal favorite vehicle. 

Tri-Wizard Challenge, would it be safe to say the Cemetery Battle? I think the Mermaid one has the least chance of being made and if we get a Horntail with the Watchtower, I think it's definetly that pivotal scene. 

Just now, RODDY said:

Great list, I think it's real compared to that other bogus leak. I was thinking that the Expecto Patronum set would be the $10 set but I was wondering how they would stuff Harry, Sirius, a Dementor and a deer in such a small set. I know the prices for the HP sets have been very good but it seems odd. 

The prices are $15, $30, $60 and $90 (according to French prices by FalconFan).

I doubt Lego Would call it ‘expecto patronum’ it’s not really a Lego set name, also there’s 4 prices, so how come there’s  5 sets listed 

Just now, Legoniche said:

I doubt Lego Would call it ‘expecto patronum’ it’s not really a Lego set name, also there’s 4 prices, so how come there’s  5 sets listed 

Could be they just missed a set? Though this list obviously isn't confirmed

I'm thinking the Expecto Patronum set could be similair to the Outrider set from Infinity War with Harry, Sirius (prisoner), 2 dementors and a brickbuilt deer

4 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Tri-Wizard Challenge, would it be safe to say the Cemetery Battle? I think the Mermaid one has the least chance of being made and if we get a Horntail with the Watchtower, I think it's definetly that pivotal scene.

I think the safest bet is either the Second Task or a small piece of the Third Task. The first task would need to be a much bigger set (with the Horntail) and if it would be based on Harry's duel with Voldy it wouldn't be called Tri-Wizard Challenge.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The prices are $15, $30, $60 and $90 (according to French prices by FalconFan).

Okay thanks that makes much more sense in regards to the Expecto Patronum set which I guess would be a $20 set in the US. Currency conversions messing me up here! 

$35 US would probably go to Knight Bus, $100 for the Watchtower, $70 for the Cemetery Battle, and I would say $50 for Hagrid's Hut. Which sounds pretty awesome. 

Just now, Legoniche said:

Same thing happened last year, no one was expecting the Hogwarts Express and it suddenly appeared in the press release. 

14 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

“garmadon, Garmadon, GARMADON!” also doesn’t look like a real set name :wink: Of course the LEGO movies are all a bit whackier than regular themes, but naming a set after a spell isn’t that far-fetched IMO :classic:

30 minutes ago, The Dangerous HC said:

I think it’s more likely to be Lupin’s classroom, with Harry and a Dementor (boggart), could also be combined with a Riddikulus scene and have Neville and possibly another student, would go well with Boggart Snape

That’s also an option, but I’d prefer a set with Sirius, I mean we already have Lupin, Neville and Boggart Snape :tongue:

30 minutes ago, RODDY said:

2011’s Forbidden Forest even had four minifigs :wink:

12 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

That’s also an option, but I’d prefer a set with Sirius, I mean we already have Lupin, Neville and Boggart Snape :tongue:

I think we’d all prefer that, but Lego doesn’t always give us what we’d prefer, plus we wouldn’t get Boggart Snape, and we’ve had multiples Snapes, Multiple Harry’s, Ron’s and Hermione’s, plus it could be tattered Lupin as opposed to train Lupin and we have year 2 Herbology Neville, not year 3 Neville

Edited by The Dangerous HC

45 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Okay thanks that makes much more sense in regards to the Expecto Patronum set which I guess would be a $20 set in the US. Currency conversions messing me up here! 

$35 US would probably go to Knight Bus, $100 for the Watchtower, $70 for the Cemetery Battle, and I would say $50 for Hagrid's Hut. Which sounds pretty awesome. 

Same thing happened last year, no one was expecting the Hogwarts Express and it suddenly appeared in the press release. 

These are not French prices. I used Brickset to make '€' prices '$'.

I'm really hoping we get a chamber of secrets, I feel it would be more fitting as its a key movie set, and is virtually un-available.