Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Known Harry Potter 2019 info as of March 2 2019 (summed up by @Lego-Freak with additions by Clone OPatra):

If we only consider info from reliable sources, that leaves us at this:

75945: -

75946: -

75947: Hagrid's Hut (source: azani)

75948: -

75957: Advent calendar (source: brickshop.nl)

sets without clear assignment: Expecto Patronum, Triwizard Challenge, Knight Bus, Hogwarts Watch Tower (source: brickfanatics)

rumour: Graveyard (source: stonewars)

Additionally, Harry and Fleur in Yule Ball outfits appear in a set.

Original Post, Nov. 14 2018

Today it was confirmed there will be more Harry Potter sets next year

Edited by Robert8
Added info

Cue 25 pages of wishlists, speculation, and random conversation before some real rumours/details surface :laugh:

I'll take this opportunity to remind anyone looking in this topic that there are to be no spoilers for Crimes of Grindelwald until at least a few weeks after it has opened everywhere in the world. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Krikkit said:

ahh 3 hours I was waiting for him to get the ring to mordor...

He did. Then he boarded his ship, USS Enterprise, but was suddenly in a dogfight with the Millennium Falcon. 

2 hours ago, Vindicare said:

He did. Then he boarded his ship, USS Enterprise, but was suddenly in a dogfight with the Millennium Falcon. 

And then Galactus grabbed them both and threw them onto the planet Apokolips, where he met with the MF's pilots, Johnny Thunder and Pikachu, and the 13th Doctor attacked them with the four Golden Weapons.

75945 through 75948 will see what I currently and truthfully think is a mainline 2HY release. I haven't heard anything with regards to 75957 and beyond. Cheers!

Edited by Azani

22 minutes ago, Alegrispa said:

...what?

It’s a joke, don’t worry about it.

After seeing Crimes Of Grindelwald, I really hope to see some sets with the inclusion of some main and side characters we haven’t gotten yet. I’m still kinda hoping there might end up being a small COG wave early in the year, but that’s not looking likely. This is not a rumor at all btw, so don’t take it as such.

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

I really hope we get more than three sets.Because if that's the case then it's LotR all over again.

I'm still angry about the fact that the only way to get Grindelwald with a mushstache is via the collectable minifig series.I hope we get a future set that includes a proper version of him.

48 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

I really hope we get more than three sets.Because if that's the case then it's LotR all over again.

I'm still angry about the fact that the only way to get Grindelwald with a mushstache is via the collectable minifig series.I hope we get a future set that includes a proper version of him.

With a new hair piece that’s actually the right color instead of pure white!

Obviously this isn’t the place for wishlists but I just very sincerely hope we don’t get let down by only a small amount of sets in 2019. I hope the wave(s) will be as big as the one this year, it’s such a popular theme, it definitely deserves large waves and there’s so much to cover

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

To me, it makes sense for next year‘s wave to be a smaller one. Since the design process takes about a year, these sets had to have been in development before this year‘s set hit shelves, so they had no evidence whether the theme would be as succesful as they hoped. The effort they put into these (even preying on the budget for other themes) clearly shows their confidence, but they probably wanted to cut their losses if the reboot hadn‘t been succesful :wink: I‘d expect a bigger wave in 2020 again, which is also the year the third FB movie will be released, further justifying a bigger wave again.

Gonna call it now, the large set is another Hogwarts building; probably the clocktower with film 3/4 related goodies.

the 400 piece set, and the 4th set will be either Knight Bus, Hagrids Hut or the first task, 

the tiny Set...no idea, maybe Hagrid’s buckbeak lesson if we don’t get the hut? Maybe a werewolf set? Literally no idea

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 12:32 PM, Black Numenorean said:

Hi guys

75947 will have 496 bricks and 75948 will have 922 bricks

The information came from amazon.fr:

https://www.amazon.fr/Lego-Potter-75948-Confidential-Multicolore/dp/B07G3S3M9J

Please remain careful to avoid saying this in the future. We will never see updates from Amazon.fr if you keep doing this. :)

That being what it is, here's what I should have said upfront:

75945: No later than June. $9.99 US. 7+, 121 pieces.

75946: Release date could be whenever. 8+, 265 pieces *huh* Nothing on this one yet, save the piece count.

75947: As it runs, again, we're in the dark. I'd bet on a Release date that coincides with 75946-75948. 8+, 496 pieces.

75948: 9+, 922 pieces.

Edited by Azani

If they try to go with chronological order again, we can at least make good guesses. With probably just 3 sets for Harry Potter, I think they'd concentrate on the more iconic stuff:

the two smaller sets could be pretty much everything. I assume, one is reserved for FB, the other ones could be Graveyard fight, something with Dementors and Sirius Black
Hagrids hut with buckbeack - could be the 500p set
the biggest set could be another random castle part, but I'd guess it's a chamber of secrets playset.

If they do part IV I'm sure we'll get a dragon set at one point - maybe instead of the Arena, we could get a decent castle part. That would surely be popular

After seeing the movie, I cannot make out any set for FBII. The chinese tiger-dragon-thing was too big, and nothing else would really make sense as a set to me. I still hope we get a young Dumbledore :wub:

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 4:37 PM, Clone OPatra said:

Cue 25 pages of wishlists, speculation, and random conversation before some real rumours/details surface :laugh:

13 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

If they try to go with chronological order again, we can at least make good guesses. With probably just 3 sets for Harry Potter, I think they'd concentrate on the more iconic stuff:

Funny as it runs, we're over here hoping that you'll be pleasantly surprised. There are four sets confirmed for the Wizarding World banner in 2019. 75945-75948.

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 3:12 PM, Krikkit said:

ahh 3 hours I was waiting for him to get the ring to mordor...

Your timing was rough. Jokes notwithstanding, I'll be seeing the film tomorrow night. :P

3 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

After seeing the movie, I cannot make out any set for FBII. The chinese tiger-dragon-thing was too big, and nothing else would really make sense as a set to me. I still hope we get a young Dumbledore :wub:

I would be soooo happy if there was a Paris Ministry of Magic- but somewhat doubt it. Or maybe Newt’s place where he keeps his creatures, with Bunty? 

Maybe a couple of others but I can’t get the spoiler tag on mobile so I won’t say them. 

If they made sets for FF2, I could see a few sets:

The ministry of Magic escape, with Zouwu (brick built with molded head).

The Tomb Battle.

Newt's Zoo building.

Young Dumbledore's DD class ( as a Hogwarts expansion).

8 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

If they made sets for FF2, I could see a few sets:

The ministry of Magic escape, with Zouwu (brick built with molded head).

The Tomb Battle.

Newt's Zoo building.

Young Dumbledore's DD class ( as a Hogwarts expansion).

Oo I really like the idea of that last one! I've been hoping a DAtDA classroom might be part of the next wave, as we have a few of the teachers for it now (Quirrel, Lupin, Moody, and Umbridge), but nowhere for them to teach!

Honestly, they shouldn't waste time with Fantastic Beast sets if they're only going to do one Wizarding World wave.

There's so much Harry Potter to cover now that they're revisiting it, and honestly, all everyone wants is a new Dumbledore and updated Grindelwald, which sucks because they weren't in any scenes together. I'm sure we'll get those figures at some point.