MKJoshA

Factions - General Discussion

Second faction just got revealed. Man, I'm so longing for the next four to reveal. 

And I'm so eager to make my first moc. Today I had such a great idea - i hope this will work out with these factions there that will come hopefully soon. ?

1 hour ago, Scorch93 said:

Second faction just got revealed. Man, I'm so longing for the next four to reveal. 

And I'm so eager to make my first moc. Today I had such a great idea - i hope this will work out with these factions there that will come hopefully soon. ?

I can almost guaranty that whichever faction you join your MOC will fit in one way or another so get building!

Another great faction introduction, I like the way it's written from one character's perspective, totally different from the CFS in both writing style and faction mechanics.

Just four more to go!

WOW.  That Nar Shaddaa MOC is something else.  Great job @MstrOfPppts!  I can almost hear that tinny Cantina music from SWTOR in my head. :laugh:

(I commented here so to not clutter up the Black Sun intro thread)

Totally agree with @Kwatchi - the MOC in the Black Sun faction introduction is fantastic!

Another piece of masterful writing, currently I'd like to join all three factions please! :laugh:

Wow, this is looking great. I may have to join once this starts up. 

Random question, where are all the red torsos from in the second image of the black sun thread? They look really nice.

Very fascinating what "types" of fractions are able to choose so far. ? 

I actually really got no clue what the last two will be. I hope they are going to get revealed soon. ??

Right now my choice is already made, but that depends on the two coming up hopefully very soon. 

Edit: What I can truly say, after reading them over and over again - they all fit together in this whole thing so far - great job on creating those guilds guys!  

Edited by Scorch93

I'm guessing that the factions are getting released one per day?

One further question I have is - can factions go to war? I don't see anything in the rules saying they can't. Surely if two factions build on the same planet containing a holocron there's going to be some friction.

Apart from the question for "war" between factions: is there some system in place for place to earn somethign other than XP? One example I have in mind is the EGS from BotBS ( @MKJoshA will know it).

Curious for the last faction to be unveiled! :thumbup:

On 12/5/2018 at 10:20 PM, goatman461 said:

We didn’t have you in mind. It’s very common across IG and Flickr, and with allowing custom parts we wanted to be sure to curb their inappropriate use in the forum. 

Truly, we work hard on these forums because we like to see people improving their builds and supporting each other while enriching the Star Wars universe

Yep, I'm definitely gonna be more on the supporting side...

4 hours ago, Basiliscus said:

can factions go to war?

Absolutely. 

3 hours ago, Drunknok said:

is there some system in place for place to earn somethign other than XP? One example I have in mind is the EGS from BotBS ( @MKJoshA will know it).

Not right now. We discussed using credits a lot, but wanted to keep the game mechanics as simple as possible for now. We do expect other forms of unofficial currency or bartering to develop, but that is up to the factions and how they want to interact with each other 

With the last faction being revealed now, when are we able to join one of them, or when does the game itself start? ? 

11 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Apart from the question for "war" between factions: is there some system in place for place to earn somethign other than XP? One example I have in mind is the EGS from BotBS ( @MKJoshA will know it).

7 hours ago, goatman461 said:

Absolutely. 

Not right now. We discussed using credits a lot, but wanted to keep the game mechanics as simple as possible for now. We do expect other forms of unofficial currency or bartering to develop, but that is up to the factions and how they want to interact with each other 

Seeing this is making me think about another question quite close to Drunknok's one.

Will it be possible to make something similar to the Trade Runs like there is in the MRCA in BOBS ? There are so many great routes to use ! And licensing Spaceships for a faction team or players could be great !

3 hours ago, Faladrin said:

Will it be possible to make something similar to the Trade Runs like there is in the MRCA in BOBS ? There are so many great routes to use ! And licensing Spaceships for a faction team or players could be great !

Good point!

The way I see it, hyperspace routes so far only define where a faction member can or can not build. I assume this keeps things clean and easy, and still allows fighting over strategic locations (by player XP). Adding space travel in a more meaningful way later on is definitely somethign I would like to see though! :thumbup:

Edited by Drunknok

I probably don’t know enough about BOBS to answer your question correctly. We will have challenges and other building events but no licensing of spaceships or other uses for hyperspace routes is planned. 

Small clarification to avoid confusion, planet control (fighting) is by IP, not XP. Hyperspace routes are one way of determining if XP will be converted to IP. Players can build anywhere at anytime, but their faction’s access via hyperspace lanes or proximity determines whether they get IP for their build. 

2 hours ago, goatman461 said:

I probably don’t know enough about BOBS to answer your question correctly. We will have challenges and other building events but no licensing of spaceships or other uses for hyperspace routes is planned. 

Small clarification to avoid confusion, planet control (fighting) is by IP, not XP. Hyperspace routes are one way of determining if XP will be converted to IP. Players can build anywhere at anytime, but their faction’s access via hyperspace lanes or proximity determines whether they get IP for their build. 

OK ! Thank you for the clarification !

It helps a lot, I thought players were stuck to the territory of their Faction. So, we can build everything in every place but our Faction is winning points only if we build in its controlled area. Ok ! Great !

38 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

When shall this new Era start ?

With all Factions introduced - I believe it did. :wink:

Or... if you are asking of the timeline - it is right after the Battle of Jakku.

Edited by WickNole

6 hours ago, Faladrin said:

Seeing this is making me think about another question quite close to Drunknok's one.

3 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Good point!

The way I see it, hyperspace routes so far only define where a faction member can or can not build. I assume this keeps things clean and easy, and still allows fighting over strategic locations (by player XP). Adding space travel in a more meaningful way later on is definitely somethign I would like to see though! :thumbup:

Factions will never have as many game mechanics as BoBS. The world is not big enough for BoBS, let alone 2 games of that sort! :grin:

We will be launching the first challenge soon after everyone has had a chance to sign up for their factions. Apart from challenges, the biggest game mechanic is controlling planets and sectors with IP (XP earn also earns IP on eligible planets). You want to control planets and sectors because you want to find and control the holocrons!

And yes! You can sign up for your factions now! Use this web-form to officially sign up. Introduce yourself in the appropriate Faction Intro thread and in the core Intro thread. And make a signature using this new generator! (Please note that Flickr pictures are not supported yet. We hope to fix this in the near future.)

18 hours ago, WickNole said:

With all Factions introduced - I believe it did. :wink:

Or... if you are asking of the timeline - it is right after the Battle of Jakku.

I had already asked about the timeline... this time I was asking for the game start

Could someone explain more about the skills ? for example , in AG there were some bonus for a built if depending on the character relevant skill.

Edited by Professor Thaum

17 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Factions will never have as many game mechanics as BoBS. The world is not big enough for BoBS, let alone 2 games of that sort! :grin:

We will be launching the first challenge soon after everyone has had a chance to sign up for their factions. Apart from challenges, the biggest game mechanic is controlling planets and sectors with IP (XP earn also earns IP on eligible planets). You want to control planets and sectors because you want to find and control the holocrons!

And yes! You can sign up for your factions now! Use this web-form to officially sign up. Introduce yourself in the appropriate Faction Intro thread and in the core Intro thread. And make a signature using this new generator! (Please note that Flickr pictures are not supported yet. We hope to fix this in the near future.)

OK Great ! That' perfectly clear now !

Thank you for the answer ! I think I'll join soon then if suscriptions are now open !