goatman461

Factions - Introduction, Discussion, and Core Rules

7 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Hi everyone, I'm rejoining Factions, playing as former governor Fnab Bibbly, as part of the Triumvirate:

Glad to have you!

How does receiving additional Member Skill's work?

I just realise, I could choose 2 new and as I saw on the Player Index, everybody has just 1, but most of us could have multiples at this point.

@MKJoshA I had a suggestion for the Planet IP values spreadsheet, for the layout. Whenever I scroll down I always forget which faction was in which column. There is a way to "freeze" the top row so when you scroll, the row stays put while the rest of the sheet doesn't. It is called Freeze in Google Sheets.

16 hours ago, DarthsDonuts54 said:

@MKJoshA I had a suggestion for the Planet IP values spreadsheet, for the layout. Whenever I scroll down I always forget which faction was in which column. There is a way to "freeze" the top row so when you scroll, the row stays put while the rest of the sheet doesn't. It is called Freeze in Google Sheets.

Great suggestion! I've frozen it for you.

just joined! My name is Sergeant Reaper, member of the Shadow troopers corps. 

49063559276_77857e1a5c_t

Silly question, where are the results of Episode 3 to be found? Is there a summary post detailing who got what points, or is it just inside each individual topic?

Also are there overall scores for each of the factions?

Sorry if I'm being thick and it's obvious.

16 minutes ago, Basiliscus said:

Silly question, where are the results of Episode 3 to be found? Is there a summary post detailing who got what points, or is it just inside each individual topic?

Also are there overall scores for each of the factions?

Sorry if I'm being thick and it's obvious.

There wasn’t really a team or cumulative score aspect to this Episode, so I didn’t really think to do a summary. 
Scores are posted to each build. Factions are welcome to keep their own books, and Faction Leaders can reward their builders however they please. 

Seconding Basiliscus' question.... 

Is there a summary sheet for total scores for each player? 

Also, how do I fix my "sig card" dealie....my image has never worked properly in it and I don't seem to have any of my earned xp showing....

On 11/17/2019 at 7:54 AM, Vedauwoo said:

Seconding Basiliscus' question.... 

Is there a summary sheet for total scores for each player? 

Also, how do I fix my "sig card" dealie....my image has never worked properly in it and I don't seem to have any of my earned xp showing....

For the "sig card," or Signature Generator you'll need to use this. It's not as fancy as AG, it won't auto update with new XP. You'll have to periodically go and update it yourself.

For each player's overall score, you can see that here. There are a few bugs still, so if you see something that doesn't look right please let me know.

It may be because you created a new character when you switched factions and the spreadsheet doesn't know how to assign your latest builds. Please don't create other characters. We'll try to sort this out.

Quick question(s)

Seems to have slowed down, only few players. Game is still going right?

am I able to change my character since I haven't published anything yet?

are we able to use any of the Star Wars omnibus books for reference?

my wife and i are still dealing with cancer, and renovations on my house are still ongoing but I am getting closer to being able to set up my Lego room/area.

cheers

Jody

Hey @Jody Meyer

Yes - the game is still going. Not as many as before, but definitely good stories and role playing going on.

There should be no troublæe changing your character as long as you join one of the existing factions. You may want to consider joining The Confederacy of Free systems, CorSec, The Commenor Remnant or the Imperial Triumvirate as they are the most active right now. :wink:

Yes - since we are 5 years after the Battle of Jakku you should be able to use legends material as long as it does not conflict with the Canon timeline...

Sorry to hear that you are dealing with cancer - I wish you and your wife all the best.

Cheers
Bjorn

Edited by Darth Bjorn

Hey everyone, we're ramping up to some fun things for Factions in the coming months! One of the things we're doing is trying to make information easily available to all players. So I'm updated the Player Index with separate tabs for each Faction, the overall IPs for each faction by planet, and a color coded map! Go check it out and let me know if you have any suggestions. If you don't see a photo next to your player's info it's because you didn't provide a link when you filled out the Character Creator form or because the link is dead. Please PM me if you have an updated photo and I can fix that for you. @Moff Wibbles, you requested to be on Darth Bjorn's team. @MouseBricks you requested to be on Commander Beltar's team. And @Steven the toa of flight you requested to be on Commander Beltar's team. Is that all still accurate?

Next, in case you haven't noticed, we have a main challenge going on!

1280x535.jpg

Does the planetary IP values spreadsheet update automatically? A couple of the planet's that I'm looking at seem out of date.

33 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

Does the planetary IP values spreadsheet update automatically? A couple of the planet's that I'm looking at seem out of date.

Which ones? That’s usually where we catch formula errors, like when somebody spelled a planet wrong and the points don’t go through. 

@goatman461 I was particularly looking for Scarif, Rishi and Gigor. With the latter, I fully accept that It may be my fault for filling in forms incorrectly, but Scarif and Rishi have builds done by my team mates.

Just now, Ross Fisher said:

@goatman461 I was particularly looking for Scarif, Rishi and Gigor. With the latter, I fully accept that It may be my fault for filling in forms incorrectly, but Scarif and Rishi have builds done by my team mates.

I can check on that later this morning if no one beats me to it. It's probably a spelling error. The form only picks up on your IP if it finds an exact match.

11 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

And turns out I had time to do it now :grin:  I check all 3 planets and everything seems to be in order. We still need to judge the most recent freebuild on Rishi, but apart from that everything looks to be flowing correctly on the spreadsheets. For your team. Rishi currently has 15IP, Gigor has 13IP, and Scarif has 58IP.

Is there something else I'm missing? I only looked at the last 3 months worth of entries.