goatman461

Factions - Introduction, Discussion, and Core Rules

32184243177_61e13d41a8_n.jpg

Hello, my name is Nikki Woutenhaumer and I hail from the planet of Eriadu. My father was killed by a CIS starfighter that crashed onto my home. I got into smuggling 14 years later, after being separated from my mother and brother for 5 years during an Imperial invasion of the planet we were living on. I raided a scrap yard to get the parts for my personal starship. After smuggling for several years and gaining enough credits to pay off my debts, I decided to join the Confederacy of Free Systems as they were weary of war, just as I was, and am. I still have not found the rest of my family, after 16 years of searching.

(By the way, I submitted a character creation form but noticed that it has not shown up yet in the player index).

Edited by BlueSamuraiNinja

33275305668_a7471d7b5d_n.jpg

Journal Entry 077 - 5 ABY

It's been a few months now since my former employer the empire went down over Jakku. Can't say I'll miss them - while they kept me employed most of my work-life being freelance archeologist has a lot going for it (Besides, I have AF-R4 to keep me company). Well, I should say it had a lot going for it. Some may say working for the Black Sun maybe be swapping one evil for another but I don't care too much for galactic politics or the new republic's self-righteous set of morals. They are one of many who have a new interest in my area of expertise and had deep enough pockets to get me interested in joining. And unlike the Empire, they don't have someone high up who cares for every old Jedi or sith trinket I dig up which leave me free to sell them away to collectors or scam some tourists on Coruscant for paying a hefty price for a genuine old republic Jedi padawan braid. They do seem to care about these Holocrons, though, as everybody seems to be going crazy for them. I've recently uncovered this one from a Jedi tomb on a moon in some uncharted sector I've been searching for for months, so maybe this will be my big break. 

Journal Entry 078 - 5 ABY

It's a dud.

(Unsure what year this will be taking place in so I'll be using the starting point of 5 aby until someone can help me with that :laugh:)

Edited by LegoPercyJ

I am officially signing up!

32259393477_895e2e4e1f_t.jpg

Hello my name is Agent Sway. I served at many of the key battle for the Empire, including the Battle of Endor and the Battle of Jakku. Now I am a Spy for the Commoner Remnant. 

(I am filling out the form just waiting to upload my photos)

Edited by LegoRacer1

28 minutes ago, LegoRacer1 said:

What do we do with old SoNE XP? I have been told they do something but I'm not sure what. 

It will be converted to IP and your faction leader gets to decide where to post it. It's a way to reward SoNE builders and get the map fleshed out more to start the game.

11 minutes ago, LegoRacer1 said:

Thanks, all I have to do is fill out that forum right?

No. Leave that to your faction leader, or get their permission. You should only be filling out submission forms for your own builds, with guidance from your faction leader.

Just now, goatman461 said:

No. Leave that to your faction leader, or get their permission. You should only be filling out submission forms for your own builds, with guidance from your faction leader.

Got it, that makes a little more sense. One final question, after I apply to join a faction how do I know if I am in, also do a have to wait for that sign to start posting builds?

2 hours ago, LegoRacer1 said:

Got it, that makes a little more sense. One final question, after I apply to join a faction how do I know if I am in, also do a have to wait for that sign to start posting builds?

Your faction leader has to given the final go ahead. But I'd say you're pretty safe to start posting builds. Worst case we can re-label them for a different faction.

On 2/17/2019 at 1:32 AM, BlueSamuraiNinja said:

Hello, my name is Nikki Woutenhaumer and I hail from the planet of Eriadu. My father was killed by a CIS starfighter that crashed onto my home. I got into smuggling 14 years later, after being separated from my mother and brother for 5 years during an Imperial invasion of the planet we were living on. I raided a scrap yard to get the parts for my personal starship. After smuggling for several years and gaining enough credits to pay off my debts, I decided to join the Confederacy of Free Systems as they were weary of war, just as I was, and am. I still have not found the rest of my family, after 16 years of searching.

(By the way, I submitted a character creation form but noticed that it has not shown up yet in the player index).

I've fixed the form and you are actually showing up twice now. Do you care which line I keep?

On 2/22/2019 at 6:51 PM, LegoPercyJ said:

(Unsure what year this will be taking place in so I'll be using the starting point of 5 aby until someone can help me with that :laugh:)

Welcome! Don't forget to fill out the Character form. 5 ABY is a good place to start. The game is officially set during the Aftermath books which take place from 4 ABY to 5 ABY.

On 2/24/2019 at 4:24 PM, LegoRacer1 said:

I am officially signing up!

Hello my name is Agent Sway. I served at many of the key battle for the Empire, including the Battle of Endor and the Battle of Jakku. Now I am a Spy for the Commoner Remnant. 

(I am filling out the form just waiting to upload my photos)

Welcome!

On 2/26/2019 at 8:16 AM, sebathorus said:

Rim Gromak, engineer, joined the Mining Guild.

Welcome!

On 2/25/2019 at 6:39 PM, Puvel said:

Umzaar Lulmo is an explorer of the Confederacy of Free Systems

40248470193_65b732a07a_t.jpg

Welcome! Your flick picture is set to private, so it's not displaying on the Player Index. If you can make it public it should start showing.

"The galaxy is a dark place."

Mused Dania, crossing her long legs as she leaned against the cold concrete wall, smoking her death stick. 

"It's dark and even tho it's fulla stars they don't help none." 

She inhaled deeply, "it's high time someone spread a bit of light in the darkness."

332nwk0.jpg

Dania Longstrider formally requests to join the Confederacy of Free Systems. Once she was a Private Investigator, helping those the Empire wouldn't deal with... now... she seeks to put that life behind her... and make a new life for herself in the galaxy.

Announcement! We are changing the way scores are posted for freebuilds, contest entries, and others. Instead of adding a new post to the thread, a moderator will add the score as a new line of text to the first post of each MOC. This will help keep topics from getting bumped. All recent freebuilds and Episode 1 entries have already been scored this way. Let me know what you think!

14 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

This will help keep topics from getting bumped

I guess it makes sense to do this, but it would also be nice to find out when scores are posted. Maybe for episodes you could do a summing-up post with scores?

On 3/5/2019 at 11:19 PM, MKJoshA said:

Announcement! We are changing the way scores are posted for freebuilds, contest entries, and others. Instead of adding a new post to the thread, a moderator will add the score as a new line of text to the first post of each MOC. This will help keep topics from getting bumped. All recent freebuilds and Episode 1 entries have already been scored this way. Let me know what you think!

I like it. It's simple, non-intrusive and convenient when browsing the builds.

On 3/5/2019 at 11:19 PM, MKJoshA said:

Love the new way - agree with @dvogon :yoda:

Hi guys,
Some of you have been asking for the banners I've been using in my mocs. Here's a link to a high res version. I look forward to see how you use them - if you do. :)

Star Wars banners

For the sake of the Story I'm working on... How connected are these "Factions" to the New Republic? Like Black Sun is a Criminal Gang... are the planets they control still part of the republic... like... austensibly? Or are they like... gangland? And the Companies like the Correllian Company and the Mining Company... they're companies that exist within the republic? Or are they outright eschewing Republic Control?... and the Confederacy and Remnant... is it safe to assume they're Seperatists who have cut ties with the Republic/were never incorporated? Or are they working within the Republics laws?

~Insectoid Aristocrat 

Edited by Dannylonglegs
Fix

4 minutes ago, Dannylonglegs said:

For the sake of the Story I'm working on... How connected are these "Factions" to the New Republic? Like Black Sun is a Criminal Gang... are the planets they control still part of the republic... like... austensibly? Or are they like... gangland? And the Companies like the Correllian Company and the Mining Company... they're companies that exist within the republic? Or are they outright eschewing Republic Control?... and the Confederacy and Remnant... is it safe to assume they're Seperatists who have cut ties with the Republic/were never incorporated? Or are they working within the Republics laws?

~Insectoid Aristocrat 

We aren't trying to change Star Wars canon. So if Hosian Prime were controlled by the Black Sun in Factions, that doesn't mean the "New Republic" has been removed. Storywise for Factions, it would mean Black Sun has the true ruling presence, even if Hosian Prime is still where the Senate is located according canon. Does that make sense? 

3 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

We aren't trying to change Star Wars canon...

If I was wrong, please correct. My understanding is, you mean once there obvious information (Canon or Wookieepedia) specified, AN LOCATION belong to some other faction/organization, and once I want pass or stand on it, there must be some build/scene to explain and create the relationship to my own faction, isn't it? No matter by battle or negotiation.

6 hours ago, JoeChu1980 said:

If I was wrong, please correct. My understanding is, you mean once there obvious information (Canon or Wookieepedia) specified, AN LOCATION belong to some other faction/organization, and once I want pass or stand on it, there must be some build/scene to explain and create the relationship to my own faction, isn't it? No matter by battle or negotiation.

I wouldn't say you have to build a scene explaining your faction's relationship. But it would help. For example, if you are part of the mining guild you shouldn't build a huge industrial mining center on Kashyyyk. But you also don't have to build an elaborate scene explaining why a Mining Guild person would be on Kashyyyk. Another example, a member of CorSec can visit Nal Hutta. They wouldn't have to explain how a CorSec person would be able to visit. But they also couldn't say CorSec has overthrown the Hutts and now rules Nal Hutta. If CorSec had faction control on Nal Hutta, the in-game reasoning would be that they had enough agents on the planet that they "control" it. But the control would be through information brokerage not elected leadership. Does that help?

1 hour ago, Darth Bjorn said:

It's been awhile since XP has been awarded? Any updates?

Should be up soon. If it’s been submitted, it’s been scored. Just bottlenecked by the actual posting of scores. We’re trying to get it moving more efficiently. Thank you for the patience