goatman461

Factions - Introduction, Discussion, and Core Rules

Gubi was a former Stormtrooper as TG-0222, currently he is a leader of a special forces squad of the Commenor Remnant.

P10123371.jpg

Karlan Teg was as deep-space scout with the Imperial Survey Corps who had been exploring the galactic south.  After the fall of Palpatine, the empire issued a recall notice to all its explorers; a message that took considerable time to reach him.   Once he finally returned to the core worlds for debriefing he found the galaxy forever changed and his employing department dissolved.

i9Q6lzf.jpg

He briefly toyed with completing contracts for corporate clients but found himself unhappy.  Never a zealot and admittedly quite of a free-thinker himself, he missed the sense of assurance that there was an order to things; something that the Empire had given him.  So he promptly searched out the nearest Imperial colony and offered his services (and those of his 'scraptastic' droid B-9N) for reconnaissance and surveillance duties.  He now works for the Commenor Remnant.

NacIM21.jpg

Alright, still a work in progress but here is a viewable Player Index. I'm working on sorting it right now, but it's currently defaulting to order of sign ups. I failed to add the Eurobricks username for the first few sign ups. I figured out most, but whoever "Roman" is, can you tell me? Also, if no picture is displaying next to your info it's because you added the wrong kind of hyperlink. It's needs to be the right click version of the link. You can PM me with the link and I can update the form. Examples of working hyperlinks are:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/...
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/...
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/...
https://bricksafe.com/files/...

1 minute ago, MKJoshA said:

Alright, still a work in progress but here is a viewable Player Index. I'm working on sorting it right now, but it's currently defaulting to order of sign ups. I failed to add the Eurobricks username for the first few sign ups. I figured out most, but whoever "Roman" is, can you tell me? Also, if no picture is displaying next to your info it's because you added the wrong kind of hyperlink. It's needs to be the full link. You can PM me with the full link and I can update the form.

Sorry Roman is me, still working on a picture foe him, I will have one up for you before the end of the weekend :cry_happy: I am assuming I can still link through Flickr right? Also seem to have lost my Star Wars pin from the last chapter that was played, it was there last week..just noticed now..

Edited by Jody Meyer
Edit

Hello, fellow citizens,may i introduce myself:

44446304940_8cdf73215f_h.jpgFactions by johannsued,

I am Commander Tarkin,cousin of the famous Grand moff. I joined the remnant immediatly after it was established and i am now seeking to bring the Empire to former glory!

MAKE THE EMPIRE GREAT AGAIN!

Edited by Johannsued

On 12/27/2018 at 5:23 PM, Professor Thaum said:

This could lead to players choosing to release a huge amount of craps instead of one valuable built

This was a big problem in AG but we can wait and see if it is an issue here.

Would this not be somewhat countered by the judging process? I mean: there are only a few people doing the judgement, and they will spread their attention between players equally (or so I assume). So somebody doing masses of poor builds would get as many builds judged as somebody with good ones - essentially nullifying the effect the "mass building" could have.

An alternative could be a specific number of builds that can be entered into the judging process per person per month (similar to licensing in BotBS).

In the end I think only time will tell.

2 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Would this not be somewhat countered by the judging process? 

Of course. That's one reason why we expanded the possible number of XP somebody could earn for a build. We're still working through the judging scale, which is why this first round of judging will take a bit longer, but crap builds will be given crap scores; good builds, good scores; etc., regardless of the number of builds actually posted. 

2 hours ago, Drunknok said:

they will spread their attention between players equally

Not necessarily. The amount of time we take to judge a build has nothing to do with who posted the build or how many they posted recently. What if somebody saves up their good builds to post all at once? We're not going to penalize them for that. 

If somebody does try to post 50 crappy builds to take a planet, figuring they'd get 1 XP each, I'm not opposed to giving out 0 XP as it is deserved. I doubt we'll have that problem though. Faction Leaders are there as a filter to people posting garbage and any abusive poster could be kicked out of their faction.

2 hours ago, goatman461 said:

If somebody does try to post 50 crappy builds to take a planet, figuring they'd get 1 XP each, I'm not opposed to giving out 0 XP as it is deserved. I doubt we'll have that problem though. Faction Leaders are there as a filter to people posting garbage and any abusive poster could be kicked out of their faction.

We absolutely reserve the right to give out 0XP scores. The scenario above would certainly warrant that. This game is about improving MOC skills, story building in the SW universe, and having fun! If you try to game the system you will not get far.

On 1/3/2019 at 5:10 PM, MKJoshA said:

Alright, still a work in progress but here is a viewable Player Index. I'm working on sorting it right now, but it's currently defaulting to order of sign ups. I failed to add the Eurobricks username for the first few sign ups. I figured out most, but whoever "Roman" is, can you tell me? Also, if no picture is displaying next to your info it's because you added the wrong kind of hyperlink. It's needs to be the right click version of the link. You can PM me with the link and I can update the form. Examples of working hyperlinks are:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/...
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/...
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/...
https://bricksafe.com/files/...

ok...here's the link flickr gave me...i'm not sure what you mean by "right click version.."

IMG_5305

or...or....do you need a "headshot" version?  Can it be higher definition than the one we have to use for the signature panel?

Edited by Vedauwoo

Just now, Vedauwoo said:

ok...here's the link flickr gave me...i'm not sure what you mean by "right click version.."

It says you've disabled downloading of the picture, so I can't grab the URL for you. But if you go to this link, and right click on the picture, you should be able to choose "copy picture location." Then paste that here for me.

46332184311_42b7caff49_t.jpg

Yeah, had to disable downloads when I moved back to Charleston and found several of my images being used (without permission) by various city agencies and architecture firms.....

Edited by Vedauwoo

53 minutes ago, Vedauwoo said:

Yeah, had to disable downloads when I moved back to Charleston and found several of my images being used (without permission) by various city agencies and architecture firms.....

You're all set now!