Nequmodiva

Nequmodiva's Technic Alternates

I've decided to make a topic for all my C-models/alternates from Technic sets. I've started doing alternates some years ago, but only about one year ago I learned how to make instructions with MLCad and LPub3D. Since then I managed to make instructions for all my older alternates too. Except for the two which already had photographic instructions. So while most of these alternates might not be new to you, many of the instructions certainly are.

Since I was still learning during this year the quality of the instructions is varying. The first one I even remade later on. You can compare it: 42061 Forklift first instructions, 42061 Forklift improved instructions. The first version not even had submodels.

Alternates with PDF instructions:

8032 Telehandler:
8032_Telehandler_thumbnail.png

8046 Twin Propeller Seaplane:
8046_Twin-Propeller-Seaplane_thumbnail.j

8261 Helicopter:
8261_Helicopter_thumbnail.png

9395 Spaceship:
9395_Spaceship_thumbnail.png

9396 Deep Sea Exploration:
9396-deep-sea-exploration_thumbnail.png
(own topic)

9396 VTOL:
9396_VTOL_thumbnail.png

9396 Mini Chinook:
9396_Mini-Chinook_thumbnail.png

42053 Cherry Picker:
42053_Cherry-Picker_thumbnail.png
(own topic)

42060 Mining Truck:
42060_Mining-Truck_thumbnail.png

42061 Forklift:
42061_Forklift_thumbnail.png
(own topic)

42064 Helicopter:
42064_Helicopter_thumbnail.png

42074 Airboat Racer:
42074_Airboat-Racer_thumbnail.png

42078 Forklift:
42078_Forklift_thumbnail.png

Alternates with photographic PDF instructions:

8051 Helicopter:
8051_Helicopter_thumbnail.jpg

8067 Harbour Crane:
8067_Harbour-Crane_thumbnail.png
(own topic)

Models by other designers that I made instructions for:

42078 SUV and Trailer, instructions on Youtube

Edited by Nequmodiva
added model to list

Thanks for your comments! Here is my next alternate: an Airboat Racer made from 42074.

800x533.jpg

The propeller in the back is driven by one of the front wheels. All gears from the original set are used here.

It's inspired by similar Lego models like 8223 Hydrofoil, which was by the way my first Technic set as a child. Although I don't think hydrofoil is the right name for such a boat. Other similar vehicles include the boat from 31023 Yellow Racers. 42045 Hydroplane Racer however is a different kind of machine, as these are not driven by airborne propellers. So I named this one Airboat, because the propeller is clearly above the water surface. Unlike those airboats used to travel the swamps this one however is more of a racer.

Cool alternative model for Corvette! Didn't you think about lowering its cab little bit? It looks too high to me.

6 hours ago, Tomik said:

Cool alternative model for Corvette! Didn't you think about lowering its cab little bit? It looks too high to me.

You are right. The back of the cab uses 13M beams, so there is a limit for lowering it without completely redesigning the model. But to lower it by one is possible. And it already looks better. Thanks!

800x533.jpg