Sign in to follow this  
Rustinidiel

[MOC] Type 7b - Prowler Shuttle

hi all, recently i tried to create ships inspired by artworks to expand the star wars variety...

i found this awesome artwork by Tony Cardona, and with his authorization i share this moc with you

this is his work

ge_2013_prowler_0001.jpg

http://www.galacticempire.org/2013/04/star-wars-type-7b-prowler-shuttle.html

and now my creation

45136829334_5041c16455_z.jpgProwler_01 by Rusty B.

45811969122_7d91383125_z.jpgProwler_02 by Rusty B.

i made a interior cockpit and cargo space, with openable door... only for example i give the ship to a jedi (qui-gon jinn) and fitted inside his astromec droid

44948341575_c8d74490bd_z.jpgProwler_03 by Rusty B.

on the wall you can see a strange dark bluish gray thing....

45811970362_63c831fe06_z.jpgProwler_04 by Rusty B.

is the foldaway bed, used by Qui-gon to restore himself when the droid patrols the perimeter

44948342215_da9f50b655_z.jpgProwler_05 by Rusty B.

as always I created this moc only with existing bricks in existing colors (ofcourse with the LDD decoration limit)

hope you enjoy1

opinion, suggestions and criticism are always welcome

Edited by Rustinidiel

Very nice MOC. Fits well in the Star Wars universe. There also seems quite a lot of place inside, which isn't always easy to pull off, since we are often concerned with the exterior looks of our creations in the first place. Anyway, well done! :classic:

Nicely done, I like how there's so much interior space! The foldable bed is also a nice feature.

I've fixed the opening door... I think now the round shape of the ship looks better, and the door can be opened more... what you think?

45149653644_da44de166a_z.jpgProwler_06 by Rusty B.

32002758668_cd4c095ca5_z.jpgProwler_07 by Rusty B.

12 hours ago, Hollander said:

Very nice MOC. Fits well in the Star Wars universe. There also seems quite a lot of place inside, which isn't always easy to pull off, since we are often concerned with the exterior looks of our creations in the first place. Anyway, well done! :classic:

4 hours ago, JarJarBonks said:

Nicely done, I like how there's so much interior space! The foldable bed is also a nice feature.

thanks a lot, i'm glad you enjoy this creation!

yes, the interior space is big... as trooper transport (only for example i used Galactic Empire minifigs), mantaining the foldable bed, the ship can carry comfortably a pilot, 4 troopers with blasters and the astromec (or another trooper, or an armory, or a detention pod)

32002746898_f130c4ce0a_z.jpgProwler_08 by Rusty B.

3 hours ago, roadstermatt said:

nice work looks very good will there be any instruction coming in the future for it?

I'm glad you appreciate it and want the instructions

I'm working on a personal site, finished soon, where you will find all my mocs and mods instructions

for testing the space inside i made this thing:

44063039980_83b3827d76_z.jpgProwler_09 by Rusty B.

the shuttle can be used as Emperor personal ship, with ofcourse the pilot, 4 royal guard and the Emperor with his throne

32008264378_7a8e77a274_z.jpgProwler_10 by Rusty B.

30940483797_885d816cfa_z.jpgProwler_11 by Rusty B.

and the foldable bed still works :wink:

Your build is spot on to the source material and still looks like it fits with the Lego Lambda fleet. 

Great work!

I like this concept, fits nicely into the design language of sw, and the MOC is also nicely done, I can totally see this as a smaller version of the lambda-shuttle, as kind of a runabout vessel, or maybe an earlier version. Not necessarily for troops but yeah the emperor's maybe. (Although we know those Naboo people love them a bit of chrome :D)

19 minutes ago, brobert said:

I like this concept, fits nicely into the design language of sw, and the MOC is also nicely done, I can totally see this as a smaller version of the lambda-shuttle, as kind of a runabout vessel, or maybe an earlier version. Not necessarily for troops but yeah the emperor's maybe. (Although we know those Naboo people love them a bit of chrome :D)

Thanks for your comment!

The troops version is only a test to value the amount of space inside..

The thing of "crome", not exist the cromed Bricks necessary to build this MOC... Is possible create It in light bluish gray, but redesigning the engine