alanboar HK

[MOC] Taikoo Ropeway

LEGO Taikoo Ropeway 太古百年吊車 「銅鑼飛棧 」

We built the model reference from the painting of Qing Dynasty's Wu You-ru. I have interesting to represent the Mount Paker and hundred years Hong Kong buildings (First Hong Kong Cable car - Taikoo Ropeway , Taikoo Sanitarium) in chinese landscape painting using the bricks. We completed the project within 3 weeks. I am great thankful for my family helping, my son and my wife built alots of decoration and trees.

Taikoo Ropeway [1891-1932] Hunderd years ago in Hong kong , when the ropeway (another name for 'cable-car') was running, Quarry Bay held the Taikoo Dockyard and Taikoo Sugar Refinery, while Quarry Gap was known as Sanitarium Gap, and was the site of the Taikoo Sanitarium.

P.S. It is one of the LEGO display model represent "minifigs.net" community in HK Taikoo Brick exhibition (Nov-Dec 2018) held by TaiKoo , HK LEGO Store.

Builder : Alanboar Cheung , Ka Him Cheung, Fion Chan
Size : 1400cm (L) x 1100cm(W) x 60cm(H)
Pieces : 80000 pcs

Timelapse for Lego build construction :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGHAqRR26Do

1s.jpg

2s.jpg

3s.jpg

4s.jpg

5s.jpg

6s.jpg

7s.jpg

8s.jpg

9s.jpg

10s.jpg

11s.jpg

12s.jpg

13s.jpg

14s.jpg

15s.jpg

16s.jpg

17s.jpg

18s.jpg

19s.jpg

20s.jpg

21s.jpg

22s.jpg

23s.jpg

Old reference :
24s.jpg

25s.jpg

Flickr :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanboar

Creator : Alanboar
http://lego.alanstudio.hk
http://facebook.com/alanboar.creation

Edited by alanboar HK

WOW!!! this is a work of Art!!!

The Video and the Pics are Great!!!

The way you made this pop-up out of a scroll ( Genius!!! )

Thanks for this!

Greetings!

Indeed a work of art, very well done and it looks amazing. The thing I like most is it is a little different than most other MOCs, it has just enough color to not appear drab. 80,000 bricks too this thing must be huge, it would be a real pleasure to see in person. 

What really surprises me, is that no one else has much to say about this creation, almost as if they consider it ho-hum or boring, which it is definitely not. 

Oh my word, this is gorgeous and amazing! The white is so sharp but creates a beautiful effect. The technique for the ropeway is super too.

Thank you for sharing this.

This is very beautiful! The details look amazing, you replicated the scenes wonderfully. Great job!

This is gorgeous!

The ski lift chairs look a bit scary - in your model and the historic picture.

Does the ski lift actually work? Does Lego have the ability to make something like that work? 

Honestly, with or without it working, this is incredible... such a scene! Love it! 

It's fantasy and huge, the idea of presenting the scene on the opening roll, is cool! and as an Chinese, I think the letters of TaiKoo is beautiful 隶书

Spoiler

10s.jpg

Wow seriously impressive! I really like the ideas of creating the background as well and using white minifigures. I'd personally prefer a smoother snow with less visible studs but this would require a lot more pieces to an already huge MOC... Keep it up! :classic: :thumbup:

The monochrome is an interesting touch that calls back to your original reference image. It keeps your eyes hunting for details like the great use of minifigures throughout the scene, or the design of the chairlift itself. :thumbup: