Do you mean on stuff like Vassal, Knight or Duke? Or something else entirely?

If you're asking about stuff like Vassal or Duke, those are ranks that lean on post count. When you reached a certain number of post, you move up to a higher rank.

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

If you mean the extras ("Spam Hunter" for example) those are fun things we the staff award or "inflict" upon members.

Well, those are special tags. They kinda like badges. As far as I know, many can be obtained through winning contest/raffles (as long as they're open.) I would guess that it makes you feel that you're part of something? I'm sure the admins/moderators know much more about this about the other ways aside from winning them. (I would definitely like to know too.)

The current Xmas contest/raffle that's open doesn't reward a tag. Last month's halloween contest/raffle does give off special tags a reward though it is closed now.

So I guess you'll have to stay tuned and check the portal section regularly as they'll always announce when there is a contest/raffle.

Yes, Tags are prizes, or awarded at the whims of the Staff,  just like titles. It is all a bit of fun for the community.

Sometimes there are unique tags awarded for mystery reasons, others are handed out for participation in events or community building.

Though I am sure I will still be building with little plastic bricks when I qualify as older than dirt, I have a ways to go just yet (only 30!). 

Getting involved helps to earn a title or tag.