Kevin Flemming

Looking for interesting (free) MOCs to build.

I'm getting a little bored of the official sets, and was wondering if people had any suggestions for free MOCs, that were doable in LDD, please?

Preferably ones without lots of "plate" jiggery-pokery, such as with the official Millennium Falcon body and so on. I don't mind a little bit of hard work, and there is no limit to size.

I sometimes build my own projects, but haven't been able to concentrate recently (due to a new relationship lol).

Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated!

11 hours ago, Kevin Flemming said:

"that were doable in LDD"

LDD.

Figured I would ask, as who knows their MOCs better than the builders themselves. :sweet:

1 hour ago, Stephan said:

Try Madoca's Wing Body Truck ;)

Oh, wow. That is an impressive beast of a build. Will take some getting used to not having LEGO instructions, but that is far too amazing to not try out. Many thanks, friend!

Edited by Kevin Flemming

I love the Lola's MOCs, especially Miller's Nightmare and Undeads' Tower. You can find them here,

Maybe you want to try with that? I'll love to have the lxf files of these creations. :grin:

PS: even if you don't fear hard work and huge models, remember that the digital tools (especially LDD) are not able to manage large amount of bricks, so probably you should split large MOCs in smaller parts.

EDIT: it seems that the gallery for some of them, including the Undeads' Tower, is not available anymore: if you need it write here, I'll send the images to you.

Edited by Calabar

3 hours ago, Calabar said:

I love the Lola's MOCs, you can find here, especially Miller's Nightmare and Undeads' Tower.

Maybe you want to try with that? I'll love to have the lxf files of these creations. :grin:

PS: even if you don't fear hard work and huge models, remember that the digital tools (especially LDD) are not able to manage large amount of bricks, so probably you should split large MOCs in smaller parts.

EDIT: it seems that the gallery for some the Undeads' Tower is not available anymore: if you need it write here, I'll send the images to you.

Those are outstanding. Way above my pay grade I think, but I'll still keep a hold of them if ever there is a time I'm feeling more than adventurous lol. Thank you!

Don't worry, I know about LDD and limitations. I've managed to get some custom builds to around 26,000 bricks before it started to get a bit of a hassle. That was on my old laptop, and now I have a dedicated gaming tower, so performance-wise I should be okay. The only issue that should occur is with LDD itself not being able to handle it.

If you're interested, this is what I was building that required so many bricks:

Spoiler

olde_albion___settlement___current_progr

Wasn't even a quarter of the way through what I had planned. It would have never been finished lol.

Edited by Kevin Flemming

11 hours ago, Kevin Flemming said:

Will take some getting used to not having LEGO instructions...

I think that one actually does have photo instructions (as does many of @Madoca 1977's MOCs), so it shouldn't be too difficult :wink:

If you do want a challenge though, you might want to check out the MOCs on this topic:

Don't forget to check Rebrickable. There are tons of free MOCs.

Awesome. Thank you for the suggestions, guys! It's greatly appreciated.

I'll be gearing-up for some hardcore building soon. It's been a while, and I'm feeling the urge to do something other than smaller official sets. Technic ones can be a little bit of a pain in LDD at times, but even just doing the steps up until the point where you can't continue is still fun for me. LEGO is so therapeutic, even when it goes wrong lol.