Sign in to follow this  
adde51

Kaliphlin at Work - Day 9: Mophet - guardtower

As Mophet grew, so did the need for a proper defense. Just outside the city, guard towers had been constructed and manning them were the newly formed city guard. They were a mixed bunch, mostly consisting of people from the badlands. Most of them saw it as a chance to better themselves, and most of them surely had a need to do so. No formal training was required to become part of the guard but once you were sworn in, it was a sacred promise to defend Mophet at all cost. A promise not taken lightly by those who served. 

45770944992_ae0c0e3758_c.jpg

Change of the guards, sergant Lumphaza greets a new recruit. 

45770948272_c0cd4deecc_c.jpg

Keeping a lookout at the top of the tower is tiresome work...

45770950012_a60794250c_c.jpg

Another addition to the collab, hope you guys like it!

Lovely tall watchtower with nice texture and decoration. The orange tones help place it in Mophet! Really nice. Mophet probably is moving up the HSS scale now.

Wonderful architectural details on the tower. I don't think I'll ever tire of seeing tan and dark orange together.

Like the partially paved road leading up to the tower, certainly helps to keep it interesting!

Very nice build, I like the little details you put into the tower. It turned out very well!

The detailing in the tower really make this build.  Burnt orange and the tan really pop too. :thumbup:

Really outstanding tower.  I love the blend of the various tan/browns, from the tan, to dark tan, to medium flesh to dark orange.  Very well done.  There's a lot of nice detail here, from the ornamental 1x1 bricks to the SNOTted tooth bricks and tiles.  I like the sparse vegetation as well.  I'm not entirely convinced by the rocky road, but it definitely serves its purpose.  Does the tower have an interior?  Very nice work!

16 hours ago, Muakhah said:

Lovely tall watchtower with nice texture and decoration. The orange tones help place it in Mophet! Really nice. Mophet probably is moving up the HSS scale now.

Cheers! Mophet is growing so I’ll try to make a proper post for it in HSS soon. More to come though, haha! 

12 hours ago, Basiliscus said:

Wonderful architectural details on the tower. I don't think I'll ever tire of seeing tan and dark orange together.

Like the partially paved road leading up to the tower, certainly helps to keep it interesting!

Thank you! Fun to design a tower using a little less common colours (for this type of build). Glad you liked the road as well! 

2 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Very nice build, I like the little details you put into the tower. It turned out very well!

Thanks a lot! Had some fun ”decorating” it :laugh: 

25 minutes ago, mrcp6d said:

The detailing in the tower really make this build.  Burnt orange and the tan really pop too. :thumbup:

Thank you, I’m glad you liked the decorations. A lot of fun working with these type of colours :sweet:

21 minutes ago, Grover said:

Really outstanding tower.  I love the blend of the various tan/browns, from the tan, to dark tan, to medium flesh to dark orange.  Very well done.  There's a lot of nice detail here, from the ornamental 1x1 bricks to the SNOTted tooth bricks and tiles.  I like the sparse vegetation as well.  I'm not entirely convinced by the rocky road, but it definitely serves its purpose.  Does the tower have an interior?  Very nice work!

Much appreciated man, glad you liked it! Still trying to decide for a more cohesive look for roads in Mophet but felt this worked fairly well for the environment (maybe a little too ”rocky”). It does not have an interior, thought about it but was starting to run out of tan bricks...*huh*

Very nice tower.  The top part with all the detailed pieces is just lovely.  The corners are great with the two by one bricks.  The doorway is just fantastic, love the arches and the door itself.  Wonderfully done.  

Great tower here adde, as others have said the dark orange really makes it stand out!  Good job on the details and texture as well. :thumbup: 

Very good watch tower, possibly my favorite building in Mophet so far!  That guard should read to while away the time: actually, he would be better off listening to audio-books so he can keep a good watch, hah.I like the row of teeth and the other decorations and details, brilliant! 

11 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Very nice tower.  The top part with all the detailed pieces is just lovely.  The corners are great with the two by one bricks.  The doorway is just fantastic, love the arches and the door itself.  Wonderfully done.  

Cheers man, glad you liked it!

2 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Great tower here adde, as others have said the dark orange really makes it stand out!  Good job on the details and texture as well. :thumbup: 

Thanks buddy, can't get enough of that dark orange, haha! Appreciate it!

2 hours ago, W Navarre said:

Very good watch tower, possibly my favorite building in Mophet so far!  That guard should read to while away the time: actually, he would be better off listening to audio-books so he can keep a good watch, hah.I like the row of teeth and the other decorations and details, brilliant! 

Glad you liked it man! Haha, it's a lonely job at the top of the tower :laugh: . Cheers!

Lovely colours and presentation was the first that came up for me. 

I really like the barren landscape and the road with stones and pebbles. The tower it self with it colour combos looks perfect! 

The color combinations are just perfect here. The corner columns use the same technique that I did not really like as the columns of the stable, but here it works for me quite well. The more decorated top of the tower is also great. I like that you have done more with the path here, as it helps differentiate it from the rest of the ground, even if it still does not look "finished" for an established city. Congratulations on making village status in the HSS!

Nicely done mate, I really like the colors and detailing on the tower - probably my favorite of your Kali at Work builds so far! :thumbup:

On 11/12/2018 at 8:48 PM, de Gothia said:

Lovely colours and presentation was the first that came up for me. 

I really like the barren landscape and the road with stones and pebbles. The tower it self with it colour combos looks perfect! 

Big thanks man, very glad you liked it! 

On 11/12/2018 at 9:09 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

The color combinations are just perfect here. The corner columns use the same technique that I did not really like as the columns of the stable, but here it works for me quite well. The more decorated top of the tower is also great. I like that you have done more with the path here, as it helps differentiate it from the rest of the ground, even if it still does not look "finished" for an established city. Congratulations on making village status in the HSS!

Thank you very much good sir :sweet:! Glad you liked the columns in this one. Still trying to decide about the roads so you might see a few iterations as I figure out what looks best. Cheers! 

On 11/13/2018 at 12:43 PM, Garmadon said:

Nicely done mate, I really like the colors and detailing on the tower - probably my favorite of your Kali at Work builds so far! :thumbup:

Thanks a lot dude! Appreciate it :classic:

Very nice tower, it has some lovely texture and detailing and sits perfectly in the landscape. Morphet should be well defended with this beauty! :classic:

On 11/16/2018 at 12:46 PM, Gabe said:

Very nice tower, it has some lovely texture and detailing and sits perfectly in the landscape. Morphet should be well defended with this beauty! :classic:

Thank you! Hopefully I can keep my good relationship with gideon and Barqa  so the need for a defense isn't that great, haha! Glad you liked it!

hey nice job here! I'm unsure about the path: do you wanted a cobblestone or simply a path? Or maybe something unfinished was your aim? On the other hand, I really really like what you did with the log bricks there! :thumbup: My favourite part must be above the door though.. :wub:

35 minutes ago, en_zoo said:

hey nice job here! I'm unsure about the path: do you wanted a cobblestone or simply a path? Or maybe something unfinished was your aim? On the other hand, I really really like what you did with the log bricks there! :thumbup: My favourite part must be above the door though.. :wub:

Thanks :classic: . I'm still figuring out the roads, etc so it's been a real mix with these builds. In this one I did try to go with a somewhat unfinished look but still wanted to make it a clearly different from the surroundings. Glad you liked the log-columns. Cheers!

Very nice addition for Mophet. The decorations with scroll bricks and unique crenelation style up top look great :thumbup:

Good mix of colors for the desert landscape too :classic:

8 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

Very nice addition for Mophet. The decorations with scroll bricks and unique crenelation style up top look great :thumbup:

Good mix of colors for the desert landscape too :classic:

Thank you man, appreciate it! Probably most pleased with this build out of all my Mophet additions so far so I'm glad you liked it!

Great to see that the Oil Road is well defended :classic:

As others have said already, the color combinations both for the tower and ground are very well done :thumbup:
I also like the ornate but yet not overdone top of the tower.

Great tower, really liking its color scheme and the stone path! Keep the great work up! :thumbup:

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 11:52 PM, Gideon said:

Great to see that the Oil Road is well defended :classic:

As others have said already, the color combinations both for the tower and ground are very well done :thumbup:
I also like the ornate but yet not overdone top of the tower.

Thank you :wink: . Gotta keep it peaceful in the neighbourhood so that the honorable Lord Gideon can come and visit later on, haha! Glad you liked it buddy.

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:20 PM, LegoModularFan said:

Great tower, really liking its color scheme and the stone path! Keep the great work up! :thumbup:

Thanks man! Finally moved to a new house (with my own Lego-room!) so I should be able to get building again fairly soon :sweet: