Sign in to follow this  
(Nexus)

[MOC] Green Arrow Dock Heist

43973231540_b9b4f742e3_b.jpg

There's not much about the build I really want to talk about, it was fun to work without a base though. I really pushed myself to figure out how to work around the various cheats I give myself. I must admit that it may be a bit crowded though.

After seeing your Harry Potter build, I wanted to see what else you have made, and I absolutely love the character in all of your stuff, so you have a new flickr follower out of me!

This build in particular has just soooo much detail in a well-contained space, and it's fantastic! How long does it take you to build something like this?

3 hours ago, BaneShake said:

After seeing your Harry Potter build, I wanted to see what else you have made, and I absolutely love the character in all of your stuff, so you have a new flickr follower out of me!

This build in particular has just soooo much detail in a well-contained space, and it's fantastic! How long does it take you to build something like this?

I don’t think I spend more than 2 days of 5/6 hours of building each session. I use a Discord with some friends that grew out of LEGO for some basic questions and a LEGO Discord channel for the whole process. It’s fun to post what I have made, good or not then see how feedback and ideas shape each build. I have another set remake that I started working on about 5 hours ago that’s near completion, from that completion I get feedback and ideas on how to make it better.

For this Green Arrow MOC in particular I had struggles with the dock’s borders along with the back corner looking plain. The little gate/door was a last minute decision but as you may see it pays off not only for spacial reasons but for characteristics themselves. Everything in every build has a purpose, my work may not be perfection to me yet but everything is there for some reason. I think finally getting to that point as a builder where I can distinguish between filler and something with purpose is when I start taking a build up a few notches. 

Thanks for the follow as well, hopefully I don’t have another lengthy hiatus!