Sign in to follow this  
kodlovag

Sailboat

I built this little sailboat a year ago, or so. It took some time to buy the tan 4x2 wedge plates on not-so-insane prices, so it was finished just recently. Good addition to the 21310 Fishing store. I have no sails to add, but it is good anyway. It also has a furnished cabin with a bed, cooker and navigation instruments.

45787438981_b0597c1e8b_b.jpg

30847642777_5c1e1d8720_b.jpg

So would I.  I might end up copying this for myself sometime, if you don't mind.  It's a very nice, compact, simple build that really looks the part.

I love the shaping of the hull and cabin! I too would like to see the interior and if you figure out some sails. 

Is that a red running light on the side? I love the attention to detail but I think on a vessel that size it should be on the bow.

Looks very good, the sails from this year's Technic boat appear to be about the right size although admittedly wrong colors, maybe use them as a pattern for homemade sails. 

On 11/9/2018 at 4:00 PM, pirzyk said:

Nice!  I'd be interested in seeing interior shots too.

On 11/9/2018 at 4:35 PM, icm said:

So would I.  I might end up copying this for myself sometime, if you don't mind.  It's a very nice, compact, simple build that really looks the part.

Feel free to build one. Just do not sell it from China :)

23 hours ago, rock raider said:

I love the shaping of the hull and cabin! I too would like to see the interior and if you figure out some sails. 

Well, do not think any really special interior. I just added because it is better than left it empty. Anyway, the cabin is not high enough for a minifig to stand inside. But here is the interior. The best solution I could find to show it is to capture it in LDD. Much easier than taking a photo.

44032086490_9102308165_b.jpg

23 hours ago, rock raider said:

Is that a red running light on the side? I love the attention to detail but I think on a vessel that size it should be on the bow.

Yes, and there is a green one on the other side. I just added it to have more details. I have little idea about vessels, and don't know where it should be.

20 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Looks very good, the sails from this year's Technic boat appear to be about the right size although admittedly wrong colors, maybe use them as a pattern for homemade sails.

Yes, I already noticed, that TLG made that Technic sail for me :) I think colors are not that bad, but I don't have the sails yet. It's on my wishlist.