Kintobor

Kintobor's Cosplay Mafia Day One: Super Mafia Bros

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

Current Vote Count:

Hera Syndulla (Stickfig): 2 Votes (Foreman, LegoMonorailFan)

Wonder Woman (Forresto): 1 Vote (KotZ)

Superman (Bob): 1 Vote (Asphalt)

The Joker (Asphalt): 1 Vote (Khscarymovie4)

Ellie Sattler (LegoMonorailFan): 4 Votes (Rider Raider, jluck, fhomess, Tariq j)

Legolas Twinleaf (jluck): 1 Vote (Stickfig)

It takes a majority of 8 votes to eliminate a player. 5 hours remain.

30846618417_96fee65513_o.jpg
"A brief reminder that voting is mandatory, and those who do not vote will be slapped with a 5 vote penalty the following day, or enough to constitute them being two votes away from being lynched."

So what I see here is two main choices appearing for Day 1.  

Hera:  In my past attendance at gatherings like we are here together today, I have had the experience of never seeing a scummy person pull off a Day 1 Miller Claim with great success to survive to the end of our parties.  I am therefore inclined to go with experience that this will be the case yet again; however since I am truly mortal just pretending to be able to reincarnate, I could be wrong and this could be a first time.

Ellie:  From my analysis of this lynch choice, I will note two important points.

1.  This is a quick forming bandwagon; with four votes (decent reasoning given), just the timing of the second and third votes coming in so quickly, could be an overlap of space/time or a scummy cosplayer trying to hide with a townie cosplayer.  This is yet to be determined, but worth noting.

2.  The choice of Ellie seems too convenient for Day 1; yes she did come in second on the miller claim and has shown some contradictions, however, would a real scum stand out like this on Day 1?  Maybe yes, maybe no.  So for now I will put her in the same category as Legolas and Chell; as yet to be determined, worth noting.

1 hour ago, StickFig said:

Thanks, Foreman. I would vote right back for you, but I don't think you've ever seen one, so I'm just chalking it up to inexperience.

Vote: Legolas Twinleaf (jluck)

@jluck, your vote for LegoMonorailFan seemed to come at the perfect point for a scum: early enough (and follow-able enough) to start a bandwagon on an active Day 1 player. I may be giving you too much credit since you were the second vote, so perhaps I will change to @fhomess (the third vote). And hey, @LegoMonorailFan has been active enough to draw suspicion.

Yes, I realize I've just called out three people who defended my miller claim. :shrug_confused: Plenty of time for scum to trip up.

Good point, but would this really happen on Day 1?  Maybe yes, Maybe no.

As to the lynch/no-lynch discussion; I have spent too many gatherings discussing this issue both for and against on Day 1.  I would rather gather more information and generating more conversation (and voting is required) so I will vote: 

Vote:  Mad-Eye Moody (mostlytechnic)

He usually has good insight and hasn't given his thoughts recently.  I am curious to hear what he has to say on today's thoughts.

21 hours ago, Asphalt said:

*rolls up with his own can of the sweet stuff*

A woman of taste, I can get behind that.  Just don't tell Harley, she's the jealous type.

Good thing Harley doesn’t have a lasso of truth! 

*taps your can with mine in toast then chugs*

20 hours ago, KotZ said:

Also, make sure you bold your vote.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Day 1 votes are a pain.

Vote: Wonder Woman (Forresto)

I don't trust Fanta drinkers.

You don’t wanna, wanna Fanta? Awwww Man...ah

~

I was going to wait for more discussion and eat cold pizza but given time is nearly up i’ll cast my vote.

The claim of a miller, whatever that is (I don’t think I’ve ever encountered such a role), on day one is a bold one. Such boldness could be seen as a ploy to hide in plain sight. 

I am unsure as to how we should react to Hera Syndulla (StickFig). 

Eliminating her would eliminate any doubt of her alligience. Would that be worth more to the town then risking she is what she claims and not scum?

I also am unsure of Ellie Sattler’s (LegoMonorail) “helpfulness”. In my mind that can either be benign or attempting to gain control of the situation. 

I believe in voting someone out on day one. It provides valuable data either way it turns out. Let’s also not pretend it’s mostly arbitrary. 

Hera has only two votes while Ellie has four. While I suspect Ellie more I must vote for who is more likely to be voted out for the above reasons. Therefore...

Ellie Sattler (LegoMonorailFan)

I’d like to amend a sentence with a logical fallacy. 

Eliminating Ellie Santiss would eliminate any doubt of her allegiance. Would eliminating her potential threat be more beneficial to the town then putting stock in her potential ability? Especially if it’s true that any investigation will only reveal her as scum even if she’s not?

Seems a very convenient disguise for scum to me.

Why me matey's it sure seem are mouths are moving quicker and louder now. I am working on my personal compus right now (at work), so I can't really delve into the current predicament I will say that the fact we have 5 votes for a first sunrises lynch in less then 24 hours is a bit scary.

35 minutes ago, Forresto said:

You don’t wanna, wanna Fanta? Awwww Man...ah

~

I was going to wait for more discussion and eat cold pizza but given time is nearly up i’ll cast my vote.

The claim of a miller, whatever that is (I don’t think I’ve ever encountered such a role), on day one is a bold one. Such boldness could be seen as a ploy to hide in plain sight. 

I am unsure as to how we should react to Hera Syndulla (StickFig). 

Eliminating her would eliminate any doubt of her alligience. Would that be worth more to the town then risking she is what she claims and not scum?

I also am unsure of Ellie Sattler’s (LegoMonorail) “helpfulness”. In my mind that can either be benign or attempting to gain control of the situation. 

I believe in voting someone out on day one. It provides valuable data either way it turns out. Let’s also not pretend it’s mostly arbitrary. 

Hera has only two votes while Ellie has four. While I suspect Ellie more I must vote for who is more likely to be voted out for the above reasons. Therefore...

Ellie Sattler (LegoMonorailFan)

I’d like to amend a sentence with a logical fallacy. 

Eliminating Ellie Santiss would eliminate any doubt of her allegiance. Would eliminating her potential threat be more beneficial to the town then putting stock in her potential ability? Especially if it’s true that any investigation will only reveal her as scum even if she’s not?

Seems a very convenient disguise for scum to me.

I don't know why, but this post seems scummy to me. I'm not defending Ellie either, but something about this post seems off.

12 minutes ago, KotZ said:

I don't know why, but this post seems scummy to me. I'm not defending Ellie either, but something about this post seems off.

Fair enough, but specifically what?

Its kindve suspicous in its own right to simply quote a huge block of text and not even specify any part you find scummy.

You must have your reasons so why not speak them then sit on the fence. 

@Forresto, you make a good point, however I'm sicking with my Stickfig vote untill @LegoMonorailFan get 1 more vote

also, you forgot to write Vote

Man, eat some bad pizza, go away to, um, get rid of it, and so much drama happens. 

20 hours ago, Tariq j said:

Number 1 would make sense as to not waste a potential investigation and possible get a stable town block. For 2 I feel like it would be a bold move to make this early, I just feel like killing the only person with a potential town role would be a bad move. 

Well, keep in mind that a miller isn't really a town "role" - it's just something to confuse us. A miller is no more useful to town than any vanilla townie - so the only benefit to town is, well, his vote. In all my previous conventions, I've seen several miller claims. As far as I can remember, they've all been legit. But at some point the scum will certainly use it. So to me, voting for our miller is no better nor worse than any other vote today, since we don't really have anything to go on. 

6 hours ago, Tariq j said:

You don’t consider it Lynch worthy and prefer not to have a lynch, but have voted for her anyway? I feel like we’re reading into the Miller claim too much, as well as trying generate a discussion for Day One, the Miller claim could save time later in the game. Say Hera hadn’t claimed and the investigator investigates her later in the game, He/She gets a scum result back, they reveal it in the day thread and we spend the day discussing it and lynching her. That’s a whole day wasted. By having the claim now we can avoid that scenario. 

Vote: Ellie Sattler (Legomonorailfan)

I get where you’re coming from with that, but then to claim this early, Hera would have to tread on egg shells for the rest of the game in order to make herself town. There are so many roles like the tracker, watcher, etc. That could catch her out here.

This is why millers are supposed to claim immediately. Later in the convention, they'd almost certainly get lynched. Doing it now, we can discuss and keep an eye on them if we choose to let them live.However, it'd be a great claim for a vanilla scum to make. They don't have any ability to get caught using (at least not till some of the scum team is gone and they're forced to take a role)

All that said... I'm in a pickle here. I strongly feel like the voting on Ellie is a typical day-1 bandwagon, and there's a good hunk of the scum team in there (particularly suspicious of Chell and Batgirl, given their position in the vote). By my count, the only people not yet voting are myself and pirate superman. But if we both vote Ellie, she still doesn't get lynched; we'd need someone to change a vote to take her out. 

But do I want to take her out? Yes, a lynch gives us info. But I've argued many times in previous scum hunts that it's not worth it. Killing off a fellow townie (based on the odds, that's what usually happens) takes away a vote and a potential PR. So I can't in good conscience try to join the bandwagon. The only other person with multiple votes on them is our miller-claimer. So that's where I feel like I need to vote. I'd rather take out someone who AT BEST is a non-PR townie, than risk taking out a potential PR. Plus, Ellie has been the most talkative person today. Would that be a scummo? Not usually. So I'm playing the odds here. 

Vote: Hera (stickfig)

(and Doctor, is that enough of my thoughts for you? I tried to get them all down here for the record)

Current Vote Count:

Hera Syndulla (Stickfig): 3 Votes (Foreman, LegoMonorailFan, mostlytechnic)

Ellie Sattler (LegoMonorailFan): 5 Votes (Rider Raider, jluck, fhomess, Tariq j, Forresto)

Mad-Eye Moody (mostlytechnic): 1 Vote (Lady K)

Non-Voting: Bob

It takes a majority of 8 votes to eliminate a player. Less than 2 hours remain.

6 minutes ago, Foreman said:

Asphalt if bob don't vote today do you want to lynch him tomorrow?

Finn, why you asking just the Joker? Given that Joker voted for superman, I'm pretty sure he'd be open to that discussion tomorrow. But was this post meant to be on your scum private chat? :iamded_lol:

I just find the pirate superman annoying, and he agrees

if you're on board you can vote for him too, I just find him annoying

34 minutes ago, Forresto said:

Fair enough, but specifically what?

Its kindve suspicous in its own right to simply quote a huge block of text and not even specify any part you find scummy.

You must have your reasons so why not speak them then sit on the fence. 

I want to say the formatting (as stupid as that sounds). Your first statement about the miller claim being suspicious and a convenient way to hide also doesn't gel with me.

9 minutes ago, Foreman said:

I just find the pirate superman annoying, and he agrees

if you're on board you can vote for him too, I just find him annoying

How? He's made TWO posts today. That's the least talkative person here (there's a few others that quiet, but he's still tied for last place). 

21 minutes ago, mostlytechnic said:

Finn, why you asking just the Joker? Given that Joker voted for superman, I'm pretty sure he'd be open to that discussion tomorrow. But was this post meant to be on your scum private chat? :iamded_lol:

Hey Why you gotta throw stones, You implying you think I'm scum?  And we have hardly even met.  Though this private scum chat, is this a 1-900 number of some sort.  Not that I am interested, asking for a friend.

1 hour ago, Forresto said:

*pics up a new can and matches her drink for drink*

No, but she does have a few sets of fuzzy. . Well enough of that.  So what brings a girl like you to a place like this?  And do these things devolve into covert manhunts often?

50 minutes ago, Foreman said:

Asphalt if bob don't vote today do you want to lynch him tomorrow?

An interesting sugestion, are you proposing an alliance?  Or simply wanting to lighten the load?

Holy hell that bandwagon on Ellie formed fast. I was the first one to vote for her. I know I said it was a joke vote, but I did have my suspicions. I figured that she was a little too eager to vote for Hera. I didn’t think that it was worth an accusation, but I did think that it would be useful to see her reaction. I think that she’s handled herself well under the pressure of the votes, and right now I’m the most suspicious of the people who quickly jumped on the vote in the typical bandwagon spots.

So, I'm gonna throw this out there because I know people don't trust the miller claim and I might die tonight.

1 hour ago, mostlytechnic said:

...snip...

Vote: Hera (stickfig)

(and Doctor, is that enough of my thoughts for you? I tried to get them all down here for the record)

I am wondering if mostlytechnic's post here is a cover for jluck. I voted for jluck, and soon after mostlytechnic comes out to try and swing the bandwagon my way. May be nothing, but it's a thought. Maybe we've found a pair of scum?

Maybe I'm reading too much into things, but this is mafia.

Day 1 Final Vote Count:

Hera Syndulla (Stickfig): 3 Votes (Foreman, LegoMonorailFan, mostlytechnic)

Ellie Sattler (LegoMonorailFan): 5 Votes (Rider Raider, jluck, fhomess, Tariq j, Forresto)

Mad-Eye Moody (mostlytechnic): 1 Vote (Lady K)

Non-Voting: Bob (Will begin Day 2 with a 5 vote penalty)

---

It takes a majority of 8 votes to eliminate a player. With no majority reached, there is no lynch.

The Day is now over. You have 48 hours to send in your night action. A day conclusion will be posted shortly.

24 hours remain.

30846618417_96fee65513_o.jpg

"So, apparently we're not only getting transmission issues BUT someone's messing with our clocks... you still have 24 hours left in the day. I'll take full responsibility for this shenanigans."

Edited by Kintobor

6 minutes ago, Foreman said:

can I still say something, bob say your prayers, for tomorrow you may very well die

I assume it’s your inexperience talking, but here’s a bit of advice. Be a little bit more thoughtful on how you accuse. I know this can be overwhelming in the first game, especially day 1 win we are all literally just grasping at straws until we have something more substantial, but you’ll catch on soon enough! For now, point out specifically why you don’t trust someone. Not just “they talk like a pirate” but “they are shifting blame” or “to quick to jump votes” things like that. 

Ps: we love having new players, and no one takes this stuff personally, so just enjoy.

pps: based of your bob accusation, you look suspicious to me now:tongue:

28 minutes ago, StickFig said:

So, I'm gonna throw this out there because I know people don't trust the miller claim and I might die tonight.

I am wondering if mostlytechnic's post here is a cover for jluck. I voted for jluck, and soon after mostlytechnic comes out to try and swing the bandwagon my way. May be nothing, but it's a thought. Maybe we've found a pair of scum?

Maybe I'm reading too much into things, but this is mafia.

Why do you think you'll die tonight? It doesn't appear that you're getting lynched (unless things change over the next 24 hours), and the scum would have no reason to kill you whether your claim is true or not. The ONLY way you'd die tonight is a vig kill, and that'd be risky since I'd expect the scum to watch you with any abilities they have hoping to catch the vig. I'd say the odds of you dying tonight are far lower than any of the rest of us. 

9 minutes ago, Foreman said:

can I still say something, bob say your prayers, for tomorrow you may very well die

Wow. Seems pretty aggressive for a day 1 where he hardly did anything....

Just now, jluck said:

I assume it’s your inexperience talking, but here’s a bit of advice. Be a little bit more thoughtful on how you accuse. I know this can be overwhelming in the first game, especially day 1 win we are all literally just grasping at straws until we have something more substantial, but you’ll catch on soon enough! For now, point out specifically why you don’t trust someone. Not just “they talk like a pirate” but “they are shifting blame” or “to quick to jump votes” things like that. 

Ah, you beat me to it while I was typing. I miss magical books. 

11 minutes ago, Foreman said:

I just hate bob before day one, a pirate superman, that's the craziest thing I've ever heard

That’s not the point of any of this. Role play drops basically as soon as voting starts. Forget his “role”, it’s time to focus on the game itself. Plus, bob didn’t even choose his character so either find a legit criticism of him or start to anylize others. You can definitely contribute some value here. I’d suggest watching how others are handling day 1 and following their lead or even going back to past games.