CopMike

EB Xmas Raffle 2018 - Your Santa MOC entry thread

One hell of a celebration with some Santa "special" fireworks. :innocent:

47073219_10210796535104353_8706694222834

Bringing Christmas presents to classic space since 1979 :grin:

Good luck to all and thanks again for hosting this great event!

0aq8E8A.jpg

We here in Belgium (and the Netherlands) are the favourite countries of Saint Nicholas. Why? Because here he already comes on December 6th! He also shows up at Christmas of course, as the Santa everybody knows. But on December 6th, Sinterklaas is the true Saint Nicholas, in episcopal attire and complete with his staff. He also gives toys, chocolate figures, marzipan, small biscuits in letter shapes and notably also chocolate coins and mandarins and drops them into children's shoes. These two symbols of wealth harken back to the most inspiring of Saint Nicholas' deeds which made him a saint. The story goes that a poor widow with three daughters was at the brink of having to sell his daughters into slavery when Saint Nicholas passed by. He made a treasure appear in their shoes, by which they never had to worry about gettings sold into slavery again. I love the story, as it shows Saint Nicholas' sensibility for the problems of people around him, even when they kept it behind closed doors and had no relationship whatsoever with the saint. Sinterklaas is a great reminder to keep those less fortunate than us in mind in these cold days, while we only wonder what Santa Claus will bring to us... So I wish you all a very happy Christmas, inspired by the generosity of Sinterklaas. And if Sinterklaas' generosity isn't cutting it for you, then just look at the generous saint within our midst, CopMike!

600x800.jpg

Well... there must be a logical explanation as to why a big, jolly old man can keep up with all the wishes of children (and children-at-heart) around the world.

Thanks again to Eurobricks and CopMike for keeping this tradition alive!

45372871414_c06d13cf65.jpg20181129_083604 by Orthobotrex, on Flickr

Edited by Or2Me2

10 hours ago, BEAVeR said:

We here in Belgium (and the Netherlands) are the favourite countries of Saint Nicholas. Why? Because here he already comes on December 6th!

You know that is just practice for the real event? :-)

I used to live in the Netherlands, and loved Sinterklaas time, with the chocolate letters and Black Piet throwing around kruidnoten.

There is a great variety of entries this year. And Christmas spirit already with SantaMike giving more time!

Edited by MAB

This is how Santa look like in Chima World. :)

46102271251_36d1a80dea_c.jpgSanta Worriz by R2 D2, on Flickr

I heard about this ruffle only yesterday, so I had only three days left to participate, but I have time and opportunity to take a photo only today and only within an hour (I still use daylight for photo), and I had almost no idea, than I imagined this scene with Worriz. Well, it is because I like werewolves really much... ;)

Thanks to my friend BaraSH for reminding me about this topic, and to CopMike for organizing this event again!

Merry Christmas for everyone!

He's making a list and checking it twice, gonna find out whose naughty or nice... and if you're naughty he's putting on his cyborg suit....

46053150342_0799de6e8a.jpg

Hopefully I'm not too late as I took the picture weeks ago with our first snow storm and forgot until today.

Edited by Maple

2wfjz92.jpg

Edited by Darkdragon
Fixed image embed

Yay, I remembered to get an entry in this year! Lego has been on the back burner for a bit, but I was able to grab a handful of pieces this morning and put together this little guy on the carpool ride into work, and now he will decorate my desk for the season :) Thank you CopMike for running this once again :wub: and happy holidays everyone!

44287111380_bcb2bb3aff_n.jpg

16 hours ago, BEAVeR said:

We here in Belgium (and the Netherlands) are the favourite countries of Saint Nicholas. Why? Because here he already comes on December 6th! He also shows up at Christmas of course, as the Santa everybody knows. But on December 6th, Sinterklaas is the true Saint Nicholas, in episcopal attire and complete with his staff. He also gives toys, chocolate figures, marzipan, small biscuits in letter shapes and notably also chocolate coins and mandarins and drops them into children's shoes. These two symbols of wealth harken back to the most inspiring of Saint Nicholas' deeds which made him a saint. The story goes that a poor widow with three daughters was at the brink of having to sell his daughters into slavery when Saint Nicholas passed by. He made a treasure appear in their shoes, by which they never had to worry about gettings sold into slavery again. I love the story, as it shows Saint Nicholas' sensibility for the problems of people around him, even when they kept it behind closed doors and had no relationship whatsoever with the saint. Sinterklaas is a great reminder to keep those less fortunate than us in mind in these cold days, while we only wonder what Santa Claus will bring to us... So I wish you all a very happy Christmas, inspired by the generosity of Sinterklaas. And if Sinterklaas' generosity isn't cutting it for you, then just look at the generous saint within our midst, CopMike!

Guess he likes The Netherlands a bit more then, he comes here on the 5th of December already :tongue:

8 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

???

Am I the only one not being able to see what you uploaded? :wacko: If not, please re-upload it again. :wink:

Since Into the Spider-Verse is coming out, here's Spider-Claus of Earth-1225 and the Web Slinger of Earth-31913 (at Hogwarts apparently)! With an inter-dimensional sleigh, they're spreading Christmas cheer across the Multiverse. 
Thank you once again CopMike! I am happy to see the tradition still going!

TPPCDTZ.jpg

WOW there are so many super creative and beautiful builds in here! I am a little speachless. As every year it is great fun seeing all the amazing ideas people come up with.
Since I am in a little hurry and just moved all my LEGO is still packed in boxes... so I just threw together a small build with an old wooden LEGO-Box.

31167111977_d0d24b0586_c.jpg

With so many good children around the world, every Santa has his/her hands busy with letters, while presents are automatically (and carefully) packaged.

2018.png

I'm a big fan of Lego's lime-skinned alien population (Alien Conquest, Series 3 Space Alien, etc.), so naturally, I think Santa should be a lime-skinned alien!

alien_santa2.thumb.jpg.bc75e216e68e1e23963ec660f0c495bf.jpg

Thank you, @CopMike, for organizing this raffle every year!

Disclaimer: @kristofpanna is my girlfriend, and she asked me to take a picture of her entry, that's why our posts share the same background. Please do not disqualify us!