BrickMusher

[MOC] Dome Car for 60197

Hello Everyone,

its some days ago since I last presented a new MOC. And unfortunately I was also not able to participate to this years Octraintober due to some very sad things around me. But I will show up soon with the nearly finished model I created for that contest.

But for now, I proudly present my Add On for the new passenger train 60197. It is a Dome Car, following the tradition of the legendary 4547.

As always, you are very welcome to have a look to my flickr-page for more pictures!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/156473872@N02/

31882911158_85cf79473f_z.jpgLego® 60197 Dome Car by Brick Musher, auf Flickr

45754737181_fe9d5ceb9f_z.jpgLego® 60197 Dome Car by Brick Musher, auf Flickr

Hope you enjoy.

Kind regards

Brick Musher

Nicely done!  Very elegant design.  Just curious as to what for track you have the train & car sitting on?  It definitely isn't LEGO, but it appears to be compatible with standard LEGO train wheel bases.

On 11/6/2018 at 10:07 PM, BrickMusher said:

But for now, I proudly present my Add On for the new passenger train 60197. It is a Dome Car, following the tradition of the legendary 4547.

Great work BrickMusher, I like how you got the orange roofparts aligned properly. I had some trouble with mine and had to put in some more dark blue bricks to cover the transition to the panoramic roof ...

20180925_223028

I used a dark blue double concave brick (3046b)

3046a.png

On the plus side it does make it kinda modular this way:

20180925_223613

Greets AE

@AE bricks I was actually thinking about using pretty much the same technique as you for when I got around to making a dome car for one of my standard-gauge passenger trains.  I'm glad to see that it does do the job fairly well.

Hello again,

Thank you for all your kind words. My intention was indeed to create a design that fits very "smooth" into the existing train.

@Chilis Tusen takk, but the usage of that windscreen is not my own idea. @frogstudio used this part for his 60051 DomeCar about three years ago

@Laura Takayama You are halfway right about the train track. The sleepers are original Lego-Parts, but the rail itself is a non-lego, full-metal part. It fits perfect with the original tracks, I can bend large curves on my own, and it is electrically conductiv, so I can use 9V Motors. I am planing to show you how it works in a seperate thread, but still need some more time to pepare everything. So please be patient ;-)

@AE bricks The lack of the double concave brick created some headache to me also. I finally solved that issue with theese parts:

3049c.jpg?13039.jpg