Robert8

Chinese New Year’s sets -2019

Keenly waiting for them to appear on the Lego site.

Apparently they (except the dragon boats) are going to be on the NZ and Australia Lego shop @home.

On 1/1/2019 at 9:14 PM, Koori said:

Keenly waiting for them to appear on the Lego site.

Apparently they (except the dragon boats) are going to be on the NZ and Australia Lego shop @home.

Word on the street (via the Lego FB page) is that they will only be available in Australia via physical stores including Lego branded stores, Myer, DJ’s and speciality toy stores. Apparently they were in stock @ Lego Dreamworld today. 

For those in New Zealand toyco has the new year sets in store and on their website .

Got mine today but they're very popular.

5 hours ago, Koori said:

For those in New Zealand toyco has the new year sets in store and on their website .

Got mine today but they're very popular.

Looks like it's out of stock from their website already.

Yeah they sold out within 3 three hours.

Apparently some of the Toy world stores will be getting them and toyco already has a new list of people wanting them.

on the one hand I love the dinner set enough to cough up some cash on ebay, but I've been burned with lepin crap so much there it scares me. Any word on US release?

16 hours ago, Judge of the Wastelands said:

Any word on US release?

The word has always been that there won't be one.

6 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

The word has always been that there won't be one.

Welp. 

I believe by now, whole of Singapore had exhausted the retail stocks from all possible retail channels. It is said there won’t be any restocking for Singapore. Any words on other Asia Pacific region? 

11 minutes ago, WhiteFang said:

I believe by now, whole of Singapore had exhausted the retail stocks from all possible retail channels. It is said there won’t be any restocking for Singapore. Any words on other Asia Pacific region? 

I was at the Lego shop in Melbourne (Chadstone) recently and they were sold out too (they got two shipments and both were cleared out immediately) but the shop assistant I talked to did say they'd be restocking eventually. 

5 minutes ago, WhiteFang said:

Any words on other Asia Pacific region? 

Here in Australia the release has been sporadic. Wherever they appear, be it at the semi official LEGOLAND stores, independent toy stores, or the big department stores, stock has been incredibly limited and sells out within a matter of hours. They still haven't been released at every branch of the two department stores said to be carrying them, but the store employees themselves can't say when they'll come.

I have a friend in China, and they're readibly available there, albeit for suggested retail prices above any other Asia-Pacific country.

All of this really confirms a report I read on an Aussie blog which said that LEGO truly made these just for China, then decided to offer them to other Asia-Pacific countries but didn't produce any extra stock. In China, anybody can get them. Everywhere else, AFOLs and/or scalpers snap them up in five seconds.

Luckily I managed to get a Dragon Dance from an independent store near me. It was 30 AUD above retail price, but still worth it.

I am surprised, there is no confirmation of stock in the Philippines. I bought one set for my friend and I already sent one to Italy. I don't think there will be more sets coming into Malaysia, where I am based now, because those people who had been in the waiting list that I know, are still in the waiting list. I will ask my friendly retailer to notify me in the interest of knowing if new stocks are coming. So far, no one called yet.

In NZ, Toyworld Sylvia Park got stock last Friday but sold out is short time as most people left the name were contacted when it arrived.   They didn't even have chance to put some on shelf.  As far as I know, one carton contains 4 boxes.  So if shop only has 2 cartons then they will only have 8 sets.  Other retailers reported to stock them like Mightyape has yet to have these available.  

My theory is ASPAC getting them because ASPAC now getting stocks packed at the china factory.  Since I doubt the czech, hungary, denmark or mexico packaging centre will be producing these so it's unlikely it will be available outside ASPAC.  I just hope the success of these sets don't set the trend for next year and we ended up getting more regional exclusives.

Do we have any idea whats going on with the dragon boat race? They're (allegedly) available on Ebay, and (allegedly) people have bought them, but there aren't even any HD images of the set, either official or from people who apparently bought it off Ebay, that one low quality image of the box seems to be the only image of the set that exists

Edited by Magmafrost

2 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

Do we have any idea whats going on with the dragon boat race? They're (allegedly) available on Ebay, and (allegedly) people have bought them, but there aren't even any HD images of the set, either official or from people who apparently bought it off Ebay, that one low quality image of the box seems to be the only image of the set that exists

the dragon boat festival usually in May/June on the calendar so I would assume it will be release close to that time?

On 1/15/2019 at 3:31 AM, Pchan1983 said:

the dragon boat festival usually in May/June on the calendar so I would assume it will be release close to that time?

Family returning from China brought me 80101 and 80102. They paid retail, but said they were plentiful (11 Jan). They asked about 80103 and were told sometime in late April or early May.

I tried to look for 80101 last month in Tokyo, but it was impossible to find – all sold out. I was really surprised to find a shelf-full yesterday in Bangkok. For anyone interested, go to Toys R' Us at Centralworld. They retail for 3115 THB, which is significantly more expensive than in Australia, but still cheaper than Bricklink.

Thanks Beyrouth, I hope they are released in Taiwan at the same time as I will tell my relatives to pick me up a couple sets.  Appreciate the video.

1 hour ago, BeyrouthLego said:

Looks like these sets will be out worldwide in the next few months. Lego equality Wins!!!

I sadly doubt the Dinner and Dragon Dance will given they are pre-may release, the boat race might have a slight chance not sure when it came out if it even has yet.