Robert8

Chinese New Year’s sets -2019

All I want for Christmas is these sets to be available in Europe, Norway included (S@H is good enough)! They`re absolutely f a n t a s t i c!

We need them in our Ninjago Districts! :wub:

1 hour ago, Chilis said:

All I want for Christmas is these sets to be available in Europe, Norway included (S@H is good enough)! They`re absolutely f a n t a s t i c!

We need them in our Ninjago Districts! :wub:

True. Maybe we need to start sending petitions to Lego?

On 12/1/2018 at 4:18 AM, badbob001 said:

Can LEGO sets be ordered online from Hong Kong? I can have it shipped to my relatives there.

As confirmed available in Asia Pacific countries, it can be purchased there. My local retailers also begins pre-order now.

Finally saw the third set, a Dragon Costume BrickHeadz.  Thanks to whoever leaked that.

Pretty cool set, but it's the other two I want.  Most importantly, that Dragon Dance set!

8 minutes ago, x105Black said:

Finally saw the third set, a Dragon Costume BrickHeadz.  Thanks to whoever leaked that.

Pretty cool set, but it's the other two I want.  Most importantly, that Dragon Dance set!

Nope 

There is another one.

The BrickHeadz  is the 4th set

16 hours ago, x105Black said:

Well then I'll have to stay vigilant.  Any clues to help me find it?

You mean set 80103 ?

I have discovered the Dragon Boats!  Thanks for the help, valued community members!

It looks really cool.  I'd totally get that set.

Thank you very much for the info and the pics, @Robert8!

These sets look fantastic! I esp. like the dining scene. :wub:

But it's really a shame that these sets are going to be available only in Asia since I fear that I won't have the money to only buy one of them at the second market! :thumbdown:

I am still waiting for the official availability in Singapore for these awesome CNY sets. 

Apparently these will be available in Australia, which is pretty neat as usually there are no LEGO-related perks of being in Australia, only LEGO-negatives vs many other parts of the world.

Still, the price tags are hefty so I'll probably choose just one, and I'm leaning towards the Dragon Dance because it looks very displayable and also has more parts in colours currently exclusive to that set. The dinner scene is tempting though, mainly for all the food prints. I feel for those who don't even have a choice since these won't be available in their markets, given that in Australia we just underwent that with the Bricktober sets which don't appear to ever be surfacing here.

Just now, Clone OPatra said:

Apparently these will be available in Australia, which is pretty neat as usually there are no LEGO-related perks of being in Australia, only LEGO-negatives vs many other parts of the world.

Still, the price tags are hefty so I'll probably choose just one, and I'm leaning towards the Dragon Dance because it looks very displayable and also has more parts in colours currently exclusive to that set. The dinner scene is tempting though, mainly for all the food prints. I feel for those who don't even have a choice since these won't be available in their markets, given that in Australia we just underwent that with the Bricktober sets which don't appear to ever be surfacing here.

They will? Speaking as an Australian TFOL, yay, awesome!

I definitely want the Dragon Boat Race more than the other two. So many minifigures and gorgeous builds that will look right at home near my Ninjago area? Sign me up!

7 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

They will? Speaking as an Australian TFOL, yay, awesome!

Yep, reportedly AUD $90 for the dinner scene and $80 for the dragon dance, available 1st January. It was covered by several Australian LEGO blogs; I generally check BrickingAround for my Aussie LEGO news. Here is the link to their post about it.

According to this, there are over one million Chinese in Australia. But the USA has five times that <wink wink nudge nudge>. But compared to the total population, Australia is 5.6% Chinese while USA is only 1.5%.

9 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Well, pictures have appeared of 80103 Dragon Boat Race. 

This set is beautiful and I want it more than the other three. 

It's fantastic.  All 3 of the sets are.  Even the BrickHeadz is cool.

I still want the Dragon Dance the most.

4 hours ago, badbob001 said:

Are these exclusives to Lego stores or will other retailers be able to sell them?

In Australia it was reported that the big name retailers (Myer, David Jones etc) would carry them. Not sure about the countries in Asia.

7 hours ago, badbob001 said:

Are these exclusives to Lego stores or will other retailers be able to sell them?

Some retailers in Malaysia and Singapore will definitely be selling them so they aren't store exclusives by any means.

Looks like the boat race is going to be China only, it's going to be a mission to get these three.

The Brickhead is showing up as "coming soon" on US site. Maybe there is a sliver of a chance on the other three?

4 hours ago, Rogue Angel said:

The Brickhead is showing up as "coming soon" on US site. Maybe there is a sliver of a chance on the other three?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. For what it's worth, designer Nick Vas was intensively teasing the Dragon Dance in for the eyes of the LEGO community on Twitter (http://www.newelementary.com/2018/12/new-year-lego-elements.html#more). I am reading into it, and I know that account expresses his views and not those of the brand, but still: why the hype building if the majority (I assume) of his followers are not able to buy the set in their country?