Robert8

Chinese New Year’s sets -2019

Is there an official statement from LEGO that they're going to be absolutely, one hundred percent, irrevocably exclusive to China? Cause that would suck big time. These sets are incredible, I've never seen an official product like this; there have been some nice vignettes, especially Christmas themed, but none with this level of detail. Also, 15 minifiures in what looks like 200 piece set? HOW?! Seems as if they were made specifically to make us western AFOLs angry :angry:

11 hours ago, BenderBrau said:

Is there an official statement from LEGO that they're going to be absolutely, one hundred percent, irrevocably exclusive to China? Cause that would suck big time. These sets are incredible, I've never seen an official product like this; there have been some nice vignettes, especially Christmas themed, but none with this level of detail. Also, 15 minifiures in what looks like 200 piece set? HOW?! Seems as if they were made specifically to make us western AFOLs angry :angry:

This is from the press release

The Danish family-owned business also announced that its first-ever sets inspired by traditional new year festivals will be available in China and Asia Pacific markets from 1 January 2019

2 hours ago, ultiminutes said:

The Danish family-owned business also announced that its first-ever sets inspired by traditional new year festivals will be available in China and Asia Pacific markets from 1 January 2019

No use of word "exclusive" in any form. There is a slim chance! I'm asking since similar thing happened last time, everyone expected Year of the Dog to be available in China like few previous Chinese New Year sets, only for it to be revealed as a GWP worldwide, and now it can be purchased in store. Hopefully the new sets will eventually be avalable in the west, because I'm not paying for them 300 bucks on eBay, I'm not that crazy :laugh:

I really hope these sets are available in Japan!

One thing that is curious, though, is the Chinese character on the front door of the house is upside down. (you can see it the correct way up on the lucky red packet that grandpa is holiday)

I wonder if it is a sticker (hope not...) but if it is then, well ok, but you would have thought that LEGO would have caught that?

1 hour ago, Erik Leppen said:

Do I see heart-shaped 1x1 tiles on the dragon's body segments?

Yes. And golden light orange (i don't know the correct term for that colour) sausages

Edited by Borex

6 hours ago, rotorua said:

One thing that is curious, though, is the Chinese character on the front door of the house is upside down. (you can see it the correct way up on the lucky red packet that grandpa is holiday)

I wonder if it is a sticker (hope not...) but if it is then, well ok, but you would have thought that LEGO would have caught that?

It's traditional to hang those signs upside down. Those signs usually mean good luck or good fortune and putting it upside-down is meant to "pour out" the goodness from the sign and into the home.

On 11/24/2018 at 12:15 AM, rotorua said:

On 11/24/2018 at 6:40 AM, badbob001 said:

It's traditional to hang those signs upside down. Those signs usually mean good luck or good fortune and putting it upside-down is meant to "pour out" the goodness from the sign and into the home.

This link would give some sense into the matter. Lego did right :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fu_(character)

These two sets are awesome, and I hope they will get officially available worldwide at some point in the future.

I really hope that these are released everywhere.  They both look fantastic.

I like the new bowls!

Edited by x105Black

I really hope they release some sets with that pigtials hair piece the girl has in redish-brown, because it would be perfect for my new, improved non-minidoll sigfig.

On 11/26/2018 at 4:07 PM, Robert8 said:

Actually there is a third set

Pics cant be posted here because it's still a leak

Nuts.  I was not aware of a third.  I'll have to look around a bit.

Thanks for the tip!

On 11/26/2018 at 4:07 PM, Robert8 said:

Actually there is a third set

Pics cant be posted here because it's still a leak

The funny thing is, if that set has a leak, it will literally sink. :laugh:

Given it's dragon boat race I find it's weird. Dragon Boat races can be held in CNY, but it is more known to be in Dragon Race Festival day. Probably because TLC just want to release all three together.

Edited by Dorayaki