jwarner

[MOC] Rocketship - ADP Submission

I was initially hesitant to share this model since LEGO discourages sharing ADP entries, but I had to post a video to YouTube for my submission so I may as well share it here as well. Stud.io's renders look better than any photo I could get at the moment, so this is what I have:

45681933671_612cb9d7fc_b.jpgRocketship - ADP Submission by jwarner1718, on Flickr

The initial idea for this creation was something along the lines of "what if we made, like, a missile, but it was supposed to be flown?" Obviously this has seen quite a bit of refinement but I'm glad it could all come together it time for ADP. The rocketship itself can be removed from the stand and swooshed around quite nicely, and the stand doesn't use any rubber bands or dampers to hold the model in place (the ADP palette doesn't have rubber bands). 

45681929871_51dbd35867_b.jpgRocketship - ADP Submission by jwarner1718, on Flickr

The ADP palette also has very strict limits on minifigures, so the submission version gets a simple astronaut. My personal model has a green Classic Space minifig at the helm, and I think he suits it much better.

45631484042_33094f6614_b.jpgRocketship - ADP Submission by jwarner1718, on Flickr

Finally, a video demonstrating the stand's removable function.

The attachment is pretty nice. IMHO the rocket would have been better fully plated, and in typical red. I'm tempted to post my entries as well, the amount of MOCs popping up once they have made their choices will probably be big.

1 hour ago, anothergol said:

The attachment is pretty nice. IMHO the rocket would have been better fully plated, and in typical red. I'm tempted to post my entries as well, the amount of MOCs popping up once they have made their choices will probably be big.

Can you explain what you mean by fully plated? Also yeah, red probably would have looked really nice, but deep in my heart I knew I wanted green Classic Space. I'm sure red would look just as nice though