Sign in to follow this  
Didumos69

[MOC] Heavy-duty wheel-hubs for CLAAS tires

Been following your buggy thread for quite some time, and I have to say - that you are genius:classic:

Will definitely find use for these bad boys, thanks for a separate instruction! 

Thanks for the complement. I don't see myself as more genius than anyone else here though. I just have different objectives than most of us. In this case I simply strive to reduce slack as much as possible.

In a powerful RC model slack in the wheelhubs is really annoying, especially in a 4WD model. All kinds of undesired too-in, too-out and camber, which in turn adds to tire scrub and thus undesired friction and loss of speed.

Edited by Didumos69

This is terrific! I tinkered with a similar solution but couldn't get rid of the slack. You nailed it! Thanks for sharing :wub:

15038c04.png

I managed to do the same thing by using the 44771 tire as inner tire. A bit harder to assemble, but significantly lighter. You need to follow the following steps to get the tires into place:

1. Place the rim with the 44771 tire installed into the CLAAS tire (or first the 44771 tire and then the rim).
  2. Make sure the 44771 tire connects to both the inner and outer ridges of the rim.
  3. Now carefully push the CLAAS tire over the outer ridge of the rim.
  4. Finally, make sure the inner tire still sits on the inner ridge of the rim.

When in the final setup (after tightening) the 5.5L axles don't stick out a little, your inner tire probably got pushed off the inner ridge somewhere. In that case, go back to step 4.

On 11/2/2018 at 5:41 AM, gate said:

Been following your buggy thread for quite some time, and I have to say - that you are genius:classic:

Will definitely find use for these bad boys, thanks for a separate instruction! 

As a clinical neuropsychologist I can say with some affirmation I do believe there are some legitimate geniuses on this site.  At least in the non-verbal category.  I would love to test several people on this site (no names) and I think the OP is one of them.