JoeChu1980

[MOC] MF Scale Arena Creature Acklay from EP2

Hello friends, recently there's an activity from ChinaLUG, and during MOC a scene, I did a Acklay. Actually several years before, @LegoAcklay made it once, but a little bit lager. With recent LEGO parts releasing, here I tried to scale it with MF scale.

44697125895_397e2a0eac_b.jpg

44697124995_4213b96e5d_b.jpg

And by my friend's recommendation, I started to try Stud.io, it could load LDD file and there's some difference, I'm not sure whether I should go with it, but LDD 4.3.11 brick database hadn't updated for a while...

44950799464_9f0a9f1bac_b.jpg

45675595611_8dff33cedd_z.jpg

Like Bonks said, the claws really are perfect. You did a great job on sizing, shaping, and overall color blocking! I really like how you handled the little "pincer" claw on the front legs.  

I'm not a huge fan of the head, but I think you did the best job you can without any special elements!  Is there any way to maybe widen the fin on the back?

Overall, stellar job. It's instantly recognizable. :) 

On 11/2/2018 at 1:48 PM, JarJarBonks said:

Very nice! The claws look spot on!

Thanks for your comment, my clone commander :)

On 11/2/2018 at 6:47 PM, DrMuttonchops said:

Like Bonks said, the claws really are perfect. You did a great job on sizing, shaping, and overall color blocking! I really like how you handled the little "pincer" claw on the front legs.  

I'm not a huge fan of the head, but I think you did the best job you can without any special elements!  Is there any way to maybe widen the fin on the back?

Overall, stellar job. It's instantly recognizable. :) 

Thanks for your comment, you mean it's better to make head's rear end a little bit wider? I once design an junior one, and try 15573 1x2 plate w/ 1 knob, maybe I can extend it here. will try later43793544250_499aa4c153_c.jpg

On 11/3/2018 at 2:39 AM, Veynom said:

Excellent work, great result. Well done. 

thanks and hope you also enjoy TCW period MOC

On 11/3/2018 at 6:16 AM, Smitty500 said:

very good! The newer hinge parts really help with creatures such as this. 

Thanks for your comment, Actually I once thought ball-joint connection may be better, but only light grey and dark grey, the color scheme is the concern

I like that MF scale Acklay. You´ve done a good job with the claws being able to moving around with hinges and clamps. You really did well with the proportions. Another plus is the nearly studless design! Well done.