Sign in to follow this  
ProvenceTristram

Can Anyone Share a Powered 3-wheel tender truck in LDD with me, please?

I'm totally exhausted - stayed up all night working on a large standard gauge locomotive, and then wrote a 16-page paper today (for a job interview - can you believe that? A job that I don't have had the audacity to ask for a 16-page paper. I'm probably not even going to get the friggin' thing). 

Anyway, I really like the Cale Leiphart solution:

5272700291_2a9013a404.jpg

But can't figure out the gearing based on that photo (in fact, I don't even know how it sticks together).

Does anyone have an LDD file with this design (or something like it) that you could share? I don't need your tender, just the gearing for the powered truck (and one that allows for external framing like that, so I can add details).

Many thanks.

Edited by ProvenceTristram

I have reverse-engineered it from the photo. It might be too small lengthwise, but you can extend it by placing another 1x4 Technic brick inside. If it is good enough for you, I will make an LDD file. Gearing is 1:1.

(sorry for bad pics, done in a minute or so)

44760882905_6287936642_c.jpg

44760883025_09e4c9ec8f_b.jpg

Hehe, maybe I should make a train someday :tongue:

Edited by TechnicRCRacer

56 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

I have reverse-engineered it from the photo. It might be too small lengthwise, but you can extend it by placing another 1x4 Technic brick inside. If it is good enough for you, I will make an LDD file. Gearing is 1:1.

(sorry for bad pics, done in a minute or so)

44760882905_6287936642_c.jpg

44760883025_09e4c9ec8f_b.jpg

Hehe, maybe I should make a train someday :tongue:

This is close but it looks as if cale has a double studded brick in between the wheels to attach the side plates on.  I would assume then that the side frame is a continuous technic brick with the wheels spaced further, similar gearing to what you have shown though. 

A floating mid axle is the right way to go. A static three axle truck will not perform well in std curves and/or switches.

https://flic.kr/p/bjEvwq

Edited by Selander
Spelling mistake

Good evening. Sorry that I have to go this way but I can not write any private messages and would like to contact Mr. Selander. Could someone maybe write Mr. Selander a private message that he should contact me please. Many many thanks.
henrikvillwock@web.de

@Henrik V Hi Henrik, since you are new to Eurobricks, you have to add at least 10 coments before you are allowed to write pm.

If you want to contact T. Selander here in the forum, just write an "@" followed by his account´s name. Just like I did with yours :wink:

By the way, do you really think it is a good Idea to share your email and full name here in public? Maybe you should take a little more care to your privacy..... just my two pence...

Howsoever, welcome to EB :classic:

Good evening, thank you for your reply. I have to get in touch with him because I'm very interested in his model V100 train

greetings 

On 11/2/2018 at 3:40 AM, Selander said:

A floating mid axle is the right way to go. A static three axle truck will not perform well in std curves and/or switches.

https://flic.kr/p/bjEvwq

Hi @Selander ! I'm quite new in trains, and I am sooo impressed with your bogie design - it is very smart. Unfortunately I don't have a curved track and other pieces to check how everything will work together, that's why a have a quick question. 

Will standard 3 wheel bogie (without floating axle) with Train Bogie Plate (15604, 18626) still work good on curves or you need to add floating axle anyway? I'm trying to figure out how it works at least without motor on it for now ))

Edited by adwind

I have done a similar bogie with the M-Motor mounted directly like that.  I like that it doesn't torque the wheels sideways, but I've never really been happy with the way i'm then coupling the motor to the frame.  How are you mounting your assembly inside of the wagon?

To my experience, a static three axle bogie, is not recommended (at all). It will have a considerable friction on rails.

Unless you build a static model for your bookshelf I wouldn't use that technic.