Hi everyone. I show you my project of a fire brigade barracks. The first three renderings date back to March 2016. It took me a few months to recover all the necessary pieces. Over time there have been several changes, including the addition of a courtyard with several other small buildings and a maneuvering castle (the building that use firemen to practice). The original idea was to replicate an existing barracks located near where I live, in fact, soon the project was transformed into something certainly simpler trying to bring together in the same building an office area and a car storage area. Currently I'm working (through stud.io 2) to version 3.0 of the barracks, you see the first renderings in the last two photos in this topic. Version 2.0 was made with the use of a Sbrick, I leave videos demonstrating how it works.

And next next step... Fire Station 4.0 powered up by PFX Brick. 

26091203511_d66d311f1e_c.jpgFire Brigade by Ario Gaviore, su Flickr

25884653220_0fde4ef936_c.jpgFire Station by Ario Gaviore, su Flickr

26157551565_c7b1e0840b_c.jpgFire Station by Ario Gaviore, su Flickr

17309913_10211072189773151_5539044118901

44863421114_de57934779_b.jpgFire Station 3.0 by Ario Gaviore, su Flickr

43770771580_831c8c2a2e_b.jpgFire Station 3.0 by Ario Gaviore, su Flickr

Edited by squall87

Looking good. Tower is going bigger everytime :classic: (does it have a purpose by the way or ...)
Maybe you can make some couches and stuff on the roof, in the middle section. So the firefighters can relax in the sun.

21 hours ago, neonic said:

Maybe you can make some couches and stuff on the roof, in the middle section. So the firefighters can relax in the sun.

I've more than 100 firefighter all around the diorama and also inside, but no one out for sun... this can be a good idea :)

1 hour ago, Bornin1980something said:

Does the new truck have steering?

Yes, a basically one. but it works. Putting inside 2 motor, 1 battery, 1 pfx with audio in only 6 stud was a big chsllenge.

Hello guys! After 2 years,  i use a Sbrick by Vengit with Scratch 2.0 block instruction for command the 5 motor installed. I also used a PFxBrick by JKBrickworks for control the illumination, with led's bought from LifeLites.
In the diorama are also present a custom firetruck, which have another PFx installed with a Brickstuff led's and also a speaker. 

Here at "The Bricks Box" facebook page are visible a video with the complete diorama.

The video below show instead the HQ only with illumination and automation. Enjoy. 

Stud.io by Bricklink - https://www.bricklink.com/v3/studio/d...

Sbrick by Vengit - https://www.sbrick.com

PFx Brick by JK Brickworks - https://fxbricks.com/pfxbrick/

LifeLites - https://lifelites.com

Edited by squall87

8 hours ago, squall87 said:

Hello guys! After 2 years,  i use a Sbrick by Vengit with Scratch 2.0 block instruction for command the 5 motor installed. I also used a PFxBrick by JKBrickworks for control the illumination, with led's bought from LifeLites.
In the diorama are also present a custom firetruck, which have another PFx installed with a Brickstuff led's and also a speaker. 

Here at "The Bricks Box" facebook page are visible a video with the complete diorama.

The video below show instead the HQ only with illumination and automation. Enjoy. 

Stud.io by Bricklink - https://www.bricklink.com/v3/studio/d...

Sbrick by Vengit - https://www.sbrick.com

PFx Brick by JK Brickworks - https://fxbricks.com/pfxbrick/

LifeLites - https://lifelites.com

WOW! That's epic! Just needto fill it up with some custom LEGO Fire apparatus now. XD

On 1/16/2020 at 3:45 AM, DodgeDude5498 said:

WOW! That's epic! Just needto fill it up with some custom LEGO Fire apparatus now. XD

Will trying to do another truck, we want to create an 8-stud based tow truck radiocontrolled. Functional steering in 6-stud are very complex to do without a servo.

Dear Afol, good morning! First of all, make yourselves comfortable, today the post will be long and I hope also as interesting.

Let's talk about one of the pivotal points of the entire diorama, i.e. the movements.
The basic idea was to try to make our LEGO ® constructions as dynamic as possible. LEGO ® itself allows through different types of engines and pieces LEGO Technic to be able to fade, it is now possible to reproduce any mechanical movement with the various pieces that have been released over the years. What you can't do, except using the LEGO MINDSTORMS product line, is schedule a series of movements. Power Function (PF) engines and the latest Powered Up allow a simple remote remote control method that is based on a classic RC remote control, great for driving a car or train, but nothing more. In recent history we are faced with brick smart developed externally by different enthusiasts, what we're talking about today is called SBrick, you can see it in the first photo. For those who still don't know it, a self-built box with a power entrance via classic PF cable and 4 outputs for engines / lights / sensors always of the PF line. What does this SBrick introduce again? Through the dedicated smartphone application allows you to command from a simple customizable interface all the engines in a moc, I think of a large technical truck where engines and functions are countless and using a single LEGO ® remote becomes impossible. The real revolution takes place via PC using the Scratch program that wikipedia summarizes like this: a free programming environment, with a graphic programming language and designed to teach programming through visual primitive. Well, by downloading specially modified blocks, you can give timely actions to our SBrick who will in turn command our 4 hypothetical connected engines. Here with the pressure of a button on our keyboard, we can make the engine #1 start at 50 % of its power, turning right for a duration of 5 seconds, and this can only be only The beginning of our cycle that we can end or repeat as we like.

In our diorama there are currently 4 of these cycles of movement, in this post we focus on the most complex one and with the most "surprise effect", the garage door that opens and the vehicle that comes out of the garage. Two PF engines (one M and one L) are used which move the vehicle back and forth through a rick and the other that drag through a wheel that rests over the door, opens and closes the same. Giving the right times, you can get the desired cycle through Scratch, as shown in the second photo.
The instructions in the left column are to start the cycle, which is repeated for n times (in this case 10, so you don't have to be forced to press the beginning of the cycle button). In the right column, instead there are instructions to operate on individual operations, then lift / lowering shutter and spill / entrance of the middle. This type of "manual" instructions are useful in case there are any problems, for example the jamming of the shutter, I remember that plastic pieces are still being used. To this end you can also stop all the components controlled by SBrick with the pressure of a single button.

The fields of application as easy to imagine at this point have only one limit, fantasy. Another cycle in the diorama is a gate with blinking annexed, which activates shortly before the gate starts its movement, there are two actuators controlled by a second SBrick. The other two cycles are extremely simple and each rule a single engine, which turns first in one verse and then alternating at fixed time intervals.

In the comments you can find the video with the final result of the cycle. Currently the third tailgate has been connected via a simple axle, which opens identical to the first one you see in the video.
Anyone who wants to elaborate can write it in the comments.
If you liked the topic and think it might be a cue for someone else, please share the post.

We remind you that we are also present on Facebook at the page @thelegofirestation
We remind you that we are also present on Instagram at the page @the_lego_fire_station

Big shout out to everyone.
95178778_135633204715915_553794552454551

95085014_135633231382579_252972212659263

This and other posts on our diorama on this Facebook page
??

#Lego #City #MOC #Fire #Department #HQ #Pompieri #Firefighters #Caserma #Vigilidelfuoco #sbrick #scratch

96584785_138641527748416_808598820350643

Thank you guys for the support on our Facebook Page
Here we will show you a render image for our first 900 like at the page. The fire brigade set with modified and enlightned numbers on the facade.