Sign in to follow this  
mahjqa

[MOC/TECH] 6-wide cars. There may be stance.

Good looking cars, nice color combinations as well. I have often wondered though what exactly is the purpose of doing this do an otherwise great vehicle. Regardless you have done a good job of capturing that stanced look. 

On 11/2/2018 at 3:07 AM, Johnny1360 said:

Good looking cars, nice color combinations as well. I have often wondered though what exactly is the purpose of doing this do an otherwise great vehicle. Regardless you have done a good job of capturing that stanced look. 

Negative camber especially on the front wheels is used in racing to increase the tire contact patch in corners in racing as the car tilts to the outside of the corner, but we're speaking of max 4 degrees of negative camber here. More camber quickly results in poor straight line breaking, excessive tire wear (rim-tire pinching), unpredictable handling and poor acceleration characteristics. 

The tuning crowd picked that up and use an excessive amount of camber for fun and show. 

Yes I am aware of this being done on race cars, especially oval track racers, you pretty much drive straight ahead to turn left. The thing is I see it on street cars that can hardly drive out of the parking lot, much less actually race, that's the part I don't get. I guess I'm just to old to understand, to me it just looks stupid. 

Edited by Johnny1360

2 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

to me it just looks stupid. 

Not just that. It's impractical, dangerous, and technically illegal in Quebec.

Then again, if everything just needed to be practical we'd all be driving Volvos.