Sign in to follow this  
adde51

Kaliphlin at Work - Day 1: Mophet - Juz'albieta farm

So LittleJohn and Kai had a great idea to get a collab going and landed on the idea of showing Kaliphlin at work. As I wanted to expand Mophet to a proper town (or city...) I felt it was a great opportunity to get building. Noticed our guild had been falling behind a bit in the gold-standings but that will hopefully change in the coming month :wink:

So this is the first in a coming series of builds showing the everyday life in Kaliphlin. Make sure you check out the other builders' MOCs which are coming along during the following weeks :) 
Starting out with something that every aspiring settlements need, a farm! This particular farm is located in the outskirts of Mophet and is growing Juz-albieta, a very nutritious plant which is able to thrive in the harsh deserts of Kaliphlin. It's sort of a mix between a potatoe and a carrot and is a base-food for many of the inhabitants of Mophet. The MOC shows a couple of farmers going about their everyday life, harvesting the crops. 

Hope you like the MOC as well as what's coming during this collab. Stay tuned, more is on the way :) 

As peace had returned to Kaliphlin, and the rebuilding was slowly coming along, life started to return to normal. Farmers were able to go back to their normal lives and do what they knew best, farm. The Arkbri river, which ran approximately 15-20 miles north-west of Mophet, had always been vital in supporting the otherwise dry land with water. A series of canals and aqueducts had been constructed (and recently rebuilt), which made farming in this climate possible. One such farm was run by a couple of brothers, the Hazans'. Like most living in badlands, they were grateful to still be alive given the turmoil that had ensued for the last couple of years, and looked forward to aid the people of Mophet with their crops. Going back generations, the Hazan family had been farming Juz'albieta. And they were mighty proud of that heritage. Their father had always preached the importance of being able to support one self, and the pride one can take in an honest days work, especially if that meant being able the feed the people around you. 

45619954922_37d846d29d_c.jpg

30729863557_90a49ff451_c.jpg

The younger brother Ma-hi enjoys the work a bit more than his brothers...

45619960502_54f3474baa_c.jpg

I really like the aqueduct/elevated irrigation canal here, great way to spice up the build.  Good work on the irregular base too! :thumbup: 

Nice little slice of Kaliphlin you've got going in there! The aqueduct is nice, if a little deep to be realistic IMO, and the crops are simply designed but make a good effect overall.

The dark tan patches on the house are well done and add some wear and tear to the building.

Nice work!

Great start!

Very fitting that an aqueduct is kind of the centerpiece of the build :thumbup:

Excellent way to start things off! The house is very nice, and I love the style consistency you have going with the dark red stripe for the buildings of Mophet. :thumbup:
Beautiful aqueduct too, and having the wooden gate nearby to close it is a neat touch. The rooftop is superb as well, the bowl of cherries and the awning are lovely details.

Looking forward to seeing you continue to develop Mophet :classic:

If this is any example then I am definitely looking forward to more Kaliphlin at work! I really like this farm. The simplicity of the building suits the subject well and the colour pallet worked out really great. The description of Juz-albieta is cool and nice use of the vegetable piece from the Harry Potter CMF series. Nice work!

The enclosed plot is excellent and the aqueduct shows the realities of farming in Kaliphlin. Our farmers must be skilled and not waste a drop of precious water! The house is simple but perfect as a farm and the details like the awning and scattered farming implements add a lived in touch.  Really liking where you are taking Mophet.

Edited by Muakhah
Spelling

16 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

I really like the aqueduct/elevated irrigation canal here, great way to spice up the build.  Good work on the irregular base too! :thumbup: 

Thanks a lot man, should be a fun couple of weeks posting and I'm really looking forward to what the rest of you guys have in store :wink:

16 hours ago, Basiliscus said:

Nice little slice of Kaliphlin you've got going in there! The aqueduct is nice, if a little deep to be realistic IMO, and the crops are simply designed but make a good effect overall.

The dark tan patches on the house are well done and add some wear and tear to the building.

Nice work!

Thank you, and I get what you are saying about the depth of the aqueduct, appreciate the feedback :classic:. Cheers!

15 hours ago, Gideon said:

Great start!

Very fitting that an aqueduct is kind of the centerpiece of the build :thumbup:

Thanks buddy, glad you liked the aqueduct. Wanted to add a little something and figured that would be a pretty logical addition to the farm.

14 hours ago, LittleJohn said:

Excellent way to start things off! The house is very nice, and I love the style consistency you have going with the dark red stripe for the buildings of Mophet. :thumbup:
Beautiful aqueduct too, and having the wooden gate nearby to close it is a neat touch. The rooftop is superb as well, the bowl of cherries and the awning are lovely details.

Looking forward to seeing you continue to develop Mophet :classic:

Cheers man! Glad you liked it :sweet:. Trying to have a pretty consistent look for Mophet so the stripes will continue, haha! Glad you took the time to look at some of the details!

2 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

If this is any example then I am definitely looking forward to more Kaliphlin at work! I really like this farm. The simplicity of the building suits the subject well and the colour pallet worked out really great. The description of Juz-albieta is cool and nice use of the vegetable piece from the Harry Potter CMF series. Nice work!

Thank you very much man, glad I was able to start off on a positive note with the collab :laugh: . Thought it would be fun to add a little info about the wierd plants that they grew, glad you liked it!

14 minutes ago, Muakhah said:

The enclosed plot is excellent and the aqueduct shows the realities of farming in Kaliphlin. Our farmers must be skilled and not waste a drop of precious water! The house is simple but perfect as a farm and the details like the awning and scattered farming implements add a lived in touch.  Really liking where you are taking Mophet.

Cheers dude! Water is precious for sure :wink:. Hopefully the rest of my Mophet builds won't dissapoint :sweet:

Nice little build, I especially like the color scheme, aqueduct and your photography as always. :classic: Keep it up!

This is really neat! I love the idea of aqueduct-aided farming for you desert folks, and this shows a nice simple one. I hope one of you all builds a giant one with lots of sweet arches some day, but this will do for now. More than the aqueduct or even the small plot of land, I like the house. It is simple, but the lack of windows is perfect for a simple house somewhere with lots of heat, to keep the interior as cool as possible. The walls look thick, too, which would be a further asset in the climate. The awning on the roof makes that a place to be used for living in the morning and evening when it cools enough to not die; I would expect the cooking fire to be outside somewhere, too, either on the roof or on the ground. Perhaps that is what you have hinted at with the large kettle outside by the door? A nice build all told. 

I look forward to seeing what else Kaliphlin can build when they choose to do some work!

Lovely moc! I like the aqueduct!! I really look forward to more mocs that brings Mophet to life!

The scene is nicely done.  The small house with the wall reminds me of a lot of arid area architecture.  The whole scene flows very well.  The aqueduct is neat.  Cool idea overall.  

17 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Nice little build, I especially like the color scheme, aqueduct and your photography as always. :classic: Keep it up!

Thank you! Was a fun little build , glad you liked it :classic:

16 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

This is really neat! I love the idea of aqueduct-aided farming for you desert folks, and this shows a nice simple one. I hope one of you all builds a giant one with lots of sweet arches some day, but this will do for now. More than the aqueduct or even the small plot of land, I like the house. It is simple, but the lack of windows is perfect for a simple house somewhere with lots of heat, to keep the interior as cool as possible. The walls look thick, too, which would be a further asset in the climate. The awning on the roof makes that a place to be used for living in the morning and evening when it cools enough to not die; I would expect the cooking fire to be outside somewhere, too, either on the roof or on the ground. Perhaps that is what you have hinted at with the large kettle outside by the door? A nice build all told. 

I look forward to seeing what else Kaliphlin can build when they choose to do some work!

Thanks a lot! Thought about going with a well but figured aqueducts would be more fitting given the climate. At some point it would be fun to go big with a bunch of arches as you said but I didn't think that would be appropriate at this location :wink:. Glad you liked the house as well. I've been a bit torn between making things as "pretty" as possible and going with what I imagine Mophet would be like. At this point most of my builds will be a bit barren, especially on the ground (as evident in my Town Hall build), as the story I'm going wth is that it's a city on the rise. Later on I will probably update some of them but that will have to wait until Mophet is a little more established (if that makes any sense, haha!). Glad you liked the house and got what I was going for with a simple but functional structure for the climate. And the kettle outside is exactly what you were talking about, a hint that most of the cooking is done outside, at the back of the buildning. Thanks a lot for your feedback, much appreciated. 

14 hours ago, de Gothia said:

Lovely moc! I like the aqueduct!! I really look forward to more mocs that brings Mophet to life!

Thank you very much man! Very glad you liked the aqueduct. More builds are on the way so hopefully you'll like where Mophet is heading  :wink:

9 hours ago, zoth33 said:

The scene is nicely done.  The small house with the wall reminds me of a lot of arid area architecture.  The whole scene flows very well.  The aqueduct is neat.  Cool idea overall.  

Much appreciated man, thanks! A fun build and a bit trickier than I expected to get the aqueduct in there without it looking out of place. Cheers :classic:

Very well done.  This build actually makes me think I may have enough pieces to do a Kali build someday.  I love the various tans and browns, the nice tent pole structure on top of the flat roof, and the aquaduct.  My favorite part of the build, though, has to be the use of the lime green in the garden.  It's absolutely fabulous, especially in the desert land, and juxtaposes perfectly with the olive green.  A darker green would really not have worked here, and it's perfect.  Great job!

19 hours ago, Grover said:

Very well done.  This build actually makes me think I may have enough pieces to do a Kali build someday.  I love the various tans and browns, the nice tent pole structure on top of the flat roof, and the aquaduct.  My favorite part of the build, though, has to be the use of the lime green in the garden.  It's absolutely fabulous, especially in the desert land, and juxtaposes perfectly with the olive green.  A darker green would really not have worked here, and it's perfect.  Great job!

Thanks! Appreciate the feedback, glad you liked the colour of the plants. Thought it contrasted pretty well with the surrounding so I'm glad you agreed :classic:

Love the architecture! And the irrigation channel is very well done!

16 hours ago, Windusky said:

Love the architecture! And the irrigation channel is very well done!

Cheers man, glad you liked it :classic: . 

9 hours ago, W Navarre said:

Top notch!  I like how you keep the same style for all your builds of this city. 

Thanks a lot! More is coming and I've tried to stay true to this style, so glad you liked it :laugh:

hey nice jobe here - a real Kaliphinian feel! love the irrigation canal at the back :thumbup:

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:02 AM, en_zoo said:

hey nice jobe here - a real Kaliphinian feel! love the irrigation canal at the back :thumbup:

Much appreciated man! A lot more fun than I expected to get in on this whole GoH-thing, haha!

Not much to add again, since others have already pointed out all my favorite things... but it's been a pleasure looking at this run of high quality mocs from you!

On 11/9/2018 at 7:38 PM, mccoyed said:

Not much to add again, since others have already pointed out all my favorite things... but it's been a pleasure looking at this run of high quality mocs from you!

Thank you very much, glad you’ve liked them man! 

Love the little awning atop the building, and you made good use of those reddish brown lattices for the railing :thumbup: I like your choice to go with an irregular base, but think an overall more organic shape would likely give a better look than the rather rectangular setup with occasional jut outs.
Nifty aqueduct design, and the wooden gate set off to the side for closing off the water supply when needed is a great touch :classic:

On 11/13/2018 at 12:59 AM, soccerkid6 said:

Love the little awning atop the building, and you made good use of those reddish brown lattices for the railing :thumbup: I like your choice to go with an irregular base, but think an overall more organic shape would likely give a better look than the rather rectangular setup with occasional jut outs.
Nifty aqueduct design, and the wooden gate set off to the side for closing off the water supply when needed is a great touch :classic:

Thanks a lot man! The base got a little rectangular and I probably could have spent a little more time on that, appreciate the feedback :wink: .

Nice work, i like the raised garden bed and the aqueduct.  :thumbup: I agree with soccerkid though about the irregular base not deviating enough from the basic rectangular shape.