LegoMyMamma

[MOC] Cronan's Country Keep

44751559155_b00b466a9a_b.jpg

Built on top of an old mine, this castley structure hides a dark dungeon beneath and behind the steps over flowing waters.

Combo/ReBuild: Built using only parts from Goblin King's Fortress #41188 and Crystal Mine #41177.

44751548255_4cf4b80aac_c.jpg

Water flows from the old mine cave under the Keep's steps -- with remnants of its past crystal days.

31793451048_8ae2a210ab_c.jpg

From his throne room, Cronan activates the dark portal below to capture an arch enemy into his Dungeon.

45666053811_7b4e98946c_c.jpg

Who was sucked into the Dungeon through the portal?
It's Farran - the earth Elf!

44751507755_5f2755e2f0_c.jpg

The portal's power also pulled the baby earth dragon Floria into this dark underground hole.

45615330202_27497629cf_c.jpg

Farran is strapped onto a stretching rack -- all Cronan has to do is turn the crank with the grey knob and ... "aarrrghh!"

31793108588_fe5e28d969_c.jpg

He had a secret passage behind the fireplace built-in, so he could escape with coin and jewels.

His faithful Shadow bird can use magic to see objects moving on the map near the Keep ... nothing gets by without notice.

We can see the baby dragon is chained too!!

45615000952_e5175dfdd2_c.jpg

Poor Farran has been stretched and still doesn't know what secrets Cronan wants!

45614984702_288916cdb7_c.jpg

The entrance gate is kept locked.

45665578161_5db171abe8_c.jpg

Can anyone help free Farran before the crazy knob cranks the chains even more?

Great build and story to go with it.  Love how you've done the steps and the throne!

On 11/1/2018 at 4:17 PM, Kristel said:

Great build and story to go with it.  Love how you've done the steps and the throne!

Thank you, I'd like to build similar steps in more detail in a proper castle creation ... some day ;-)

On 11/1/2018 at 10:34 PM, Grey Magistrate said:

Really cool!  I like the steps and water best of all, and I like the details in the mini-dungeon.

Thanks, it really is a "mini" dungeon, isn't it; hard to see (and photograph) all the details.  So many other evil ideas had to be cut during creation. :-)

I love alt-builds, I think being limited to the pieces at hand forces some creative decisions, and those steps are reaaaallly cool. Makes me think of Fallingwater (the house/museum) but in a fantasy castle way. :thumbup:

The dungeon is a bit crammed in there though, that's the downside of alt-builds :shrug_oh_well:

On 11/12/2018 at 1:19 AM, Euphorine said:

Very nice !

Thank you!

9 hours ago, rodiziorobs said:

I love alt-builds, I think being limited to the pieces at hand forces some creative decisions, and those steps are reaaaallly cool. Makes me think of Fallingwater (the house/museum) but in a fantasy castle way. :thumbup:

The dungeon is a bit crammed in there though, that's the downside of alt-builds :shrug_oh_well:

I agree about forcing our 3D-minds to think of a solution with bricks on the table.  A Fallingwater Castle would be awesome!  Thanks for the idea :-)

The dungeon originally had a goblin in there doing the torturing (:devil:) -- yet it was too cramped.  I spent time making the "rack" chains actually function, yet it was hard to capture in photos.  Turning the Technic crank mechanism wraps the green trans chain around it, but the whole thing had to be attached to the ceiling (floor of Keep), which hid it too much.  Best view of the cave/dungeon is from under the steps -- which originally were meant to 'swing' out of the way.

Definitely lessons for me for future Dungeons ;-)

On 11/26/2018 at 5:08 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Lovely little diorama full of details!

Nice use of colors! :wub:

Thank you!  It's always a challenge to balance the colors when using parts from only one or 2 sets ... I do love Spring Yellowish Green though! :blush: