Sign in to follow this  
teos

Did Cloud City underwhelm creators?

I bought this set soon after released.  At that time there was a bit of talk that it was a disappointment and ideas to improve it.  Yet, I haven't seen a single attempt on doing so.  What happened?  Did people see this set as a failure and pass on it?

P.S. It's so big that it doesn't even have a home (just on the floor of my office).  I'm thankful to efferman for the UCS Falcon stand, otherwise who knows where that would go. 

For me, I like it but, it'd take an awful lot to modify it to my satisfaction. Not to mention the initial cost being a lot to start with. I just feel there are other things where my money can be put to better use... 

I put some thought into adding an exterior, but concluded it'd take a lot of effort. Just wasn't looking for another major project.

There was a desire I had to start with expanding the floor area so that all quadrants had a floor - someone in the 2018 discussions/rumors page had sketches of this made up. 

But now that 75222 is together and in front of me, I really think it's fine just the way it is. I'm happy to have Cloud City "done" finally, at long last, so I can move on to other projects. 

It's a huge step up from 10123, the Bespin Strip Mall!