TheBeeze

(GBW) Phase 2 - Information & General Discussion

4 hours ago, marvelBoy123 said:

what is theme etc for campaign 1?

The Campaigns you're seeing people refer to are Solo Campaigns that players have either earned during the last run of the game or have decided to purchase with their in game credit. At some point we will have an all encompassing campaign for everyone to do, but that will be a while out. 

Hey guys! 

Some of you may not know me, but im a GBW veteran. I've been away from gbw for quite a while, and as i see IT, activity in this Game hast dropped down to maybe 5-6 people. This isnt meant to attack anybody, but maybe we should change back to the original system? I personally think it would get more people back to gbw, as many veterans seem to have left. Do you guys agree? Please consider this!!

16 hours ago, Johannsued said:

Hey guys! 

Some of you may not know me, but im a GBW veteran. I've been away from gbw for quite a while, and as i see IT, activity in this Game hast dropped down to maybe 5-6 people. This isnt meant to attack anybody, but maybe we should change back to the original system? I personally think it would get more people back to gbw, as many veterans seem to have left. Do you guys agree? Please consider this!!

Actually it is something I was also thinking about. But I don't know if it happening because of the change from the original system or something else.

The positive in the new system is that allows the builders/players to build almost whatever they want in the side builds. And the new detailed map is also a good add too. 

But as all the operations/solo missions against nonplayer countries, replaced the old "campaigns" , probably made the game less interative between the players and (for me)  it is less fun. 

Even that, I dont know if this is the problem or something else

Edited by paintballman

A few points based on what you guys have written and of course we can have an open discussion on this as I always welcome the feedback.

1. The biggest complaint I received from the last phase was that people wanted the game to be more player run and have the ability to do whatever you want. We've done that. You can literally do a build on anything like @paintballman said. Go invade another country if you want. 

2. We are still not done with the map as we are constantly breaking down the map to send out more detailed country maps but as you can imagine, these take a ridiculous amount of time to create. 

3. The Solo Campaigns are being carefully written for each player / country. Similar to when we started the game the first time, we are setting the stage with a clean slate. Developing situations that involve multiple countries takes time. But I can assure you, if you look carefully at the solo campaigns, you will see the foundations of overlap starting to happen. Things are going to heat up but this is also dependent on when people finish these builds. Another large complaint we had last time was that people had trouble with the time restrictions. So far, those have been removed from the solo campaigns in hopes people take the time to produce quality builds. We will have a large campaign within 2 months or so for everyone. We have scaled those down in frequency. A lot of players have enough points to purchase solo campaigns but have not done so yet. 

4. The drop in players- All of the players who dropped out of our game stated it was due to other commitments. If you look at some of those players, they haven't really been active on Eurobricks at all so I don't really see that as something we can control. There has not been a large influx of new players either. That is a 2 part problem 1. Advertising perhaps on my part and 2. Online flickr presence from the rest of you. We got a lot of players from Flickr last time. I have not seen too much activity on there lately so as you guys make your builds, be sure to tag the Great Brick War, add links, join the group, etc. There are several players who are here, actively participating in conversation, but not building anything for whatever their reasons. That doesn't help either. 

On 5/3/2019 at 4:00 PM, TheBeeze said:

A few points based on what you guys have written and of course we can have an open discussion on this as I always welcome the feedback.

1. The biggest complaint I received from the last phase was that people wanted the game to be more player run and have the ability to do whatever you want. We've done that. You can literally do a build on anything like @paintballman said. Go invade another country if you want. 

2. We are still not done with the map as we are constantly breaking down the map to send out more detailed country maps but as you can imagine, these take a ridiculous amount of time to create. 

3. The Solo Campaigns are being carefully written for each player / country. Similar to when we started the game the first time, we are setting the stage with a clean slate. Developing situations that involve multiple countries takes time. But I can assure you, if you look carefully at the solo campaigns, you will see the foundations of overlap starting to happen. Things are going to heat up but this is also dependent on when people finish these builds. Another large complaint we had last time was that people had trouble with the time restrictions. So far, those have been removed from the solo campaigns in hopes people take the time to produce quality builds. We will have a large campaign within 2 months or so for everyone. We have scaled those down in frequency. A lot of players have enough points to purchase solo campaigns but have not done so yet. 

4. The drop in players- All of the players who dropped out of our game stated it was due to other commitments. If you look at some of those players, they haven't really been active on Eurobricks at all so I don't really see that as something we can control. There has not been a large influx of new players either. That is a 2 part problem 1. Advertising perhaps on my part and 2. Online flickr presence from the rest of you. We got a lot of players from Flickr last time. I have not seen too much activity on there lately so as you guys make your builds, be sure to tag the Great Brick War, add links, join the group, etc. There are several players who are here, actively participating in conversation, but not building anything for whatever their reasons. That doesn't help either. 

Thanks for the Info! I understand it takes time to develop a story, i'll wait and Look how it plays Out, and btw, can i get a solo campaign?:wink:

On 5/2/2019 at 8:21 PM, Johannsued said:

Hey guys! 

Hey ! That's nice to see you here !

You'll see with the Solo Campaigns the writtnig is great and you're more free to do whatever you want. It's a good option to take.

And for my part, I am satisfied of the new rules. Of course, it made drop the activity but the quality is here.

It's not sure the last rules were good enough to stimulate quality builds : we experienced rush hours where everyone posted at the last minute when we had timelines and nothing in between.

So, I find this new method more relaxing for me. I have less time to build now and not being rushed by a deadline is really better for me.

Just a little update:

We are a little slow on the staff side right now. I personally just got back from an Extended vacation in Alaska (that's the other side of the country for those who don't know). SO I'm just catching up. 

There are going to be a few random things popping up so keep your eyes open.

Lastly, a lot of you currently have Solo Missions to complete. I know we removed time restrictions, but some of you have really had them a while. This inadvertently will hold up our story line time line of events if you take forever. The game literally runs on you guys right now. 

6 hours ago, TheBeeze said:

Lastly, a lot of you currently have Solo Missions to complete. I know we removed time restrictions, but some of you have really had them a while. This inadvertently will hold up our story line time line of events if you take forever. The game literally runs on you guys right now. 

Actually this was something I was thinking about this weekend. It's nice that we don't have time limit but same time, this make us a kind of lazy

6 hours ago, paintballman said:

It's nice that we don't have time limit but same time, this make us a kind of lazy

Yes, but like I said prior too many people were complaining about time restraints the last round and also having the game less dependent on Admin influence. It's like the saying goes "Be careful what you wish for" haha. 

We'll see how things start progressing. 

On 5/20/2019 at 7:48 PM, TheBeeze said:

Yes, but like I said prior too many people were complaining about time restraints the last round and also having the game less dependent on Admin influence. It's like the saying goes "Be careful what you wish for" haha. 

We'll see how things start progressing. 

What I see now: Even if there are some incedents that could give some nice small/medium builds, I almost don't care as my mind is in the second part of the solo mission build, because I want to build something  good. 

I think that the new rule set is a good idea. Granted, it is quite a shift from the last phase, but I think it is a good change. For me as a college student, it's a given that I need to concentrate on my schoolwork rather than building Legos, and with a more expanded timeline it is easier for me to get a build together. (Also, I am almost halfway through my second solo mission build.)

It is really quiet. I just want to reiterate that there are SEVERAL Solo OPs out to people awaiting completion before we can start moving forward. Hope everyone is well!

Hey guys, what up!

I just have a few things to clarify.

If the build is set up to look like a clandestine operation, I ask you to treat it as such. Even if you know what is taking place in that build, your country "should not" (unless otherwise noted by the admins). Because it'll help the game run a little more smoothly. It is totally fine if you choose to respond to a build knowing exactly what is taking place in theirs, but if you could hint that your side knows this due to some spy network, it will help add to the story-line and make it more interesting. I'm not complaining or trying to bash someone, I just want to have a good experience without everyone trying to one-up each other. Other than that I look forward to the next events and am eager to see what will transpire.

I am open for discussions if anyone wants to add/respond to this.

Just to make things clear, because I am a bit confused.

You are taking about stealth missions and how other players respond to them, correct?

Can you give us an example?

I am.

A big giveaway would be the wording in the post, or if some of the words are blacked out like so: Let me know if you can read this.

If a post states that an unknown force is operating somewhere, that is a big hint which is stating that it is a secret operation. Also, if the person vaguely describes who is conducting the action, especially in the intro, there is a good reason to believe that it is secret.

When it comes to the response, any player can respond with a build counteracting the actions taken in the previous post. But they should at least show why their forces are responding in that manner and how they know about what happened. Its like watching a movie: you know what will happen to the character, but the character only finds out when it actually happens in the film.

@BoBKiDI hope this clears it up for you.

I have been having trouble reaching both of the other judges for some time now and that accounts for some of the delay. I apologize to all of you. I will likely release your scores solely from myself to keep the game moving.