TheBeeze

(GBW) Phase 2 - Information & General Discussion

I've gotten a few messages from people asking me what's going on with the game. The answer is I'm still waiting on players to finish builds to progress the story along.

The following players have stalled on Campaign Builds that are slowing up the forward motion here:

@Faladrin
@Adamsons
@Johannsued

I've also been looking into ways to remedy this issue and talking to other players and getting feedback.

I am building for my LUG's big show of the year in 2 weeks so right now I'm a little focused on that but still around if you need to message me.

A bit of an update for you all. In addition to the missions you've been sent, I am working with the Eurobricks staff make changes that a lot of you have requested over times. Some new items are coming so be sure to stick around and keep your eyes on this space.

I am traveling for Christmas so communication will be a little limited. I wish you and your families all the best if we don't talk prior!

On 12/22/2019 at 12:27 AM, TheBeeze said:

I am traveling for Christmas so communication will be a little limited. I wish you and your families all the best if we don't talk prior!

Merry Christmas my friend!

As some of you know, there is work under way to revamp the way some things around here go. 

I am considering a change to the game as well and would appreciate some feedback and ideas.

I am considering doing away with the scoring structure completely in favor of doing something else but not quite sure what yet. Scoring has been one of the biggest sore spots of our game so I'm open to ideas to alleviate this issue. 

Also, Happy New Year to all of you!

Nice to see a new recruit! Check the first page of this thread. Any country name that says available by it can be played. Look at the map and choose one of those where the environment suits your building style. e.g. Deserts, forests, large towns. Alternatively look at the separate stories and choose which one you want to get involved in!

30 minutes ago, TheBeeze said:

Though that is cool, we of course welcome the ladies too!

It is actually based in 1970s era Rhodesian Army recruitment poster. This poster represents the embodiment of the Rhodesian Security Forces, the "troopie on the march".

3117153_0.jpg

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 5:30 AM, marvelBoy123 said:

Nice to see a new recruit! Check the first page of this thread. Any country name that says available by it can be played. Look at the map and choose one of those where the environment suits your building style. e.g. Deserts, forests, large towns. Alternatively look at the separate stories and choose which one you want to get involved in!

I've been lurking here for a while and check in from time to time, I'm curious where these separate stories about the individual nations are located? All I can find on the country index thread is the map and a list of currently open/assigned countries?

The stories were taken down as players have largely developed their own stories through their builds. There is a ton of information in all of the builds. If you're looking for something in particular let us know so we can help you find it!

The very first post in this thread contains our starting point story wise, but as TheBeeze said, from there the story is developed through our builds. To echo what TheBeeze said, if you have any questions concerning the game, feel free to ask!

Thanks for the response gentlemen! I have read up on the phase II start point, and the latest campaign (is that right?) scenario seemed really interesting, like a ghost recon wildlands/narcos vibe for the brick nations :).

I'm flirting with the idea of signing up, but I hesitate for two reasons;

1. I have four kids that eat up a lot of my time

2. I'm a crap builder

Outside of those hesitations the game seems really fun! I was looking over the open countries for if I did sign up... trying to find one that might match my small brick collection environment-wise, and the military figures I've already bashed together. I'd hate to blunder into a soviet-esque country that is supposed to be using cold war Era equipment when all of my guys are kitted up like Tier 1 operators and high end PMC's lol.

Honestly, don't let your second reason make the choice for you. When I joined up almost exactly a year ago, I was pretty useless - just sticking plates on a board a couple of times a month in the hope of points. But I'd say you improve pretty rapidly - I'm still not great but a year ago I would never have been capable of doing half the builds I'm doing now. My advice would be to sign up, after all what's the worst that can happen?

Just now, marvelBoy123 said:

Honestly, don't let your second reason make the choice for you. When I joined up almost exactly a year ago, I was pretty useless - just sticking plates on a board a couple of times a month in the hope of points. But I'd say you improve pretty rapidly - I'm still not great but a year ago I would never have been capable of doing half the builds I'm doing now. My advice would be to sign up, after all what's the worst that can happen?

Fair enough! Based on some of the judging points on builds I feel are WAY above my level I just thought maybe I wasn't going to be up to par haha.

I think I would be interested in pursuing Bolintia or Refnor. I haven't seen any past builds for Bolintia, so is it basically a blank slate of a country right now? Also, Refnor had someone playing in Phase I, does their work carry over to phase II or was that wiped clean with the 'restart'?

On 2/18/2020 at 4:36 PM, garrettgjg said:

I'm flirting with the idea of signing up, but I hesitate for two reasons;

1. I have four kids that eat up a lot of my time

2. I'm a crap builder

Four kids... Nice... I have to boys, so i just can imagine how it will be with four. The truth is that in the begining of the game my time was more limited but i liked the whole idea so I tried to find time to tell my store

Crap builder... The only I can say is that i lough with my builds of the first months. But following the comments of the judges and studing the other builders creations, i became better builder. And thia makes me feel nicer. Me for me :) 

2 hours ago, TheBeeze said:

NEW TASKING INBOUND- STANDBY FOR ORDERS

yeah !!!!